More Attacks On Olympic Gold Medal Gymnast Gabby Douglas From Fox

If Fox really wanted to attack a black olympian surely it would be Serena Williams embarassing herself and the country with her little crip dance.

It was a comment on the fashion of rejecting the US, not an attack on Douglas' race.

On the other hand, running a clip of Douglas followed by a clip of a chimpanzee doing gymnastics wasn't at all racist to democrats.

Worth saying again...
But it was racist to CON$!!!!!

August 06, 2012
RUSH: * Let me ask you a question.* If you see a commercial with a monkey doing gymnastics and you think of an African-American, doesn't that make you racist?*

LIAR...!

He was reacting to YOUR side of the aisle you liar.... I was listening to him when it was said.

STOP TAKING IT OUT OF CONTEXT .....

LOL why do you people let some left winger make a claim about about something they think Fox Said, and then debate them, and never point out that FOX never said it. They reported on some people saying it, they did not say it. Then some of their Commentators agreed with them, which still is not FOX saying it.

Let's call it what it was....an unfortunate remark by a Fox talking head.."Head" used sparingly. Gabby wasn't making any issue of patriotism in what she wore. She was wearing her leotards, for God's sake!

She looked marvelous and I'm sure she has love and pride for her ccountry, and as Zoomboing puts it, her race wasn't in her mind at all. Her expertise and country was.

Did little Gabby have any decision in what her leotards looked like? Stop putting the weight of patriotism on a little girl.

Last edited:
Worth saying again...

August 06, 2012
RUSH: * Let me ask you a question.* If you see a commercial with a monkey doing gymnastics and you think of an African-American, doesn't that make you racist?*

LIAR...!

He was reacting to YOUR side of the aisle you liar.... I was listening to him when it was said.

He was commenting on CNN running an add showing a Monkey doing Gymnastics right after her win.

Condi Rice touted Gabby Douglas as an African American hero because she's the first African-American to win the individual all-around gymnastics title. That's racist to me. Why can't Gabby just be an awesome gymnast? Why does the color of her skin make any difference at all? Is she only an inspiration to black little girls into gymnastics? Of course not, she's an inspiration to all little girls who are into gymnastics. As long as someone is pointing out the color of someone's skin racism will continue to thrive.

I hate all this racist crap that has been spewed so much over the past several years. Seriously.

Pointing out the color of ones skin is not racist. Thinking that one race is inferior because of the color of their skin, now that's racist. Racism will continue to exist as long as there are those who think their race is superior by virtue of skin color.

Thinking that the one's race makes them superior or 'special' is also racist ...such as touting Gabby Douglas as an African American hero .... that automatically separates her from her teammates. She's a phenomenal gymnast, her skin color is irrelevant.

I never saw her as black I just saw her as an awesome gymnast. Period. But now that it's been directly pointed out that she is black ... <sigh> I just don't ever get what the big deal is about skin color. If you're great at something can't you just be great at something without being a (skin color, religion, sexual orientation, etc) great at something?

August 06, 2012

LIAR...!

He was commenting on CNN running an add showing a Monkey doing Gymnastics right after her win.

He was commenting on the folks who were accusing NBC for airing the commercial as a racial taunt.

He was saying the accusers muct be racist... not CNN or NBC.

:dunno:

If Fox really wanted to attack a black olympian surely it would be Serena Williams embarassing herself and the country with her little crip dance.

It was a comment on the fashion of rejecting the US, not an attack on Douglas' race.

On the other hand, running a clip of Douglas followed by a clip of a chimpanzee doing gymnastics wasn't at all racist to democrats.

Worth saying again...

August 06, 2012

LIAR...!

Your MessiahRushie ALWAYS condemns the Dems for what the CON$ are doing!!!!! The poster came right out and admitted that the Dems did not think it was racist, making a liar out of your MessiahRushie for saying so!!!

August 06, 2012
RUSH: * Let me ask you a question.* If you see a commercial with a monkey doing gymnastics and you think of an African-American, doesn't that make you racist?* I must tell you, I watched Gabby Douglas. I watched her win the gold medal. I watched Bob Costas end the whole segment by talking about what a wonderful thing it was and, even though it's not groundbreaking, it's still nevertheless the first time an African-American's won a gold medal in gymnastics. He said there's probably a lot of young African-American girls out there watching this, "Hey, that looks fun. Maybe I can do it, too," then they ran this commercial.*
I must tell you, I saw the commercial and didn't think a thing of it.* The commercial didn't make me think of a black person. It didn't make me think of Gabby Douglas. It didn't make me think of anything.* And then hours later, NBC's apologized for it.* It got me to thinking.* Wouldn't it be racist if you're the one who notices it?* The liberals are the ones pointing out that some racism took place, but yet you have to be racist to make the connection.

Typical thread...for USMB!

Replete with name calling, chest beating and NO SIGNIFICANT CONTENT!

Fuck Y'all...!

LIAR...!

He was commenting on the folks who were accusing NBC for airing the commercial as a racial taunt.

And one of your fellow travelers on this board already condemned the Dems for NOT finding it racist!!!!!

And one of your fellow travelers on this board already condemned the Dems for NOT finding it racist!!!!!

Im not answering for someone else's ignorance... I only back what I say.

* The liberals are the ones pointing out that some racism took place, but yet you have to be racist to make the connection.

:clap2:

Thanks for proving me right
And thank you for proving that it went over your head that that statement of your MessiahRushie makes him a liar and you a fool. A CON$ervoFascist already condemned the Dems for NOT finding the commercial racist like your fellow CON$ have.

* The liberals are the ones pointing out that some racism took place, but yet you have to be racist to make the connection.

:clap2:

Thanks for proving me right
And thank you for proving that it went over your head that that statement of your MessiahRushie makes him a liar and you a fool. A CON$ervoFascist already condemned the Dems for NOT finding the commercial racist like your fellow CON$ have.

Neg'd for being a lying troll...

Let's call it what it was....an unfortunate remark by a Fox talking head.."Head" used sparingly. Gabby wasn't making any issue of patriotism in what she wore. She was wearing her leotards, for God's sake!

She looked marvelous and I'm sure she has love and pride for her ccountry, and as Zoomboing puts it, her race wasn't in her mind at all. Her expertise and country was.

Did little Gabby have any decision in what her leotards looked like? Stop putting the weight of patriotism on a little girl.

I agree but fox will use any excuse they can to make up garbage stories. I bet if Gabby was white, this never would have been an issue.

The liberal false outage machine is working overtime. At least the democrats manufacture something, Obama will probably end that too. You do realize that NBC put on a monkey right after Gabby and your side needed to dig deep for this fake Fox outrage.

Im not answering for someone else's ignorance... I only back what I say.
No, you said the quote which said that it was racist to see the commercial as racist had to do with the Left when it was a Right wing-nut who made the connection to racism and condemned the Left for NOT finding it racist. I merely used your MessiahRushie's quote, exactly in the context it was meant but without the political demagoguery, against your fellow traveler. I simply used one ideologue against the other.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back