More Attacks On Olympic Gold Medal Gymnast Gabby Douglas From Fox

what makes the rw asswipes at Faux think they have a monopoly on patriotism :dunno:

what the hell, you people have lost your minds...:eusa_hand:

Fox is the only network I know that conspicuously flies the Stars & Bars all over the screen AS IF that confers upon them patriotism. Same thing w/ the rw pols and their dopey flag pin whining.

And the left is the only faction who's collective anus' seize up and then lapse into apoplectic shock at any display of patriotism.

what makes the rw asswipes at Faux think they have a monopoly on patriotism :dunno:

Fox is the only network I know that conspicuously flies the Stars & Bars all over the screen AS IF that confers upon them patriotism. Same thing w/ the rw pols and their dopey flag pin whining.

This is part of the radical right wing propaganda fox spreads. If you are not a far right wing nutcase, than you are not a patriot in their eyes.

whatever dots, you don't care about patriotism...so be it

And the left is the only faction who's collective anus' seize up and then lapse into apoplectic shock at any display of patriotism.

displaying flags and lapel pins does not automatically confer/bestow patriotism on someone. Just sayin.....

This is part of the radical right wing propaganda fox spreads. If you are not a far right wing nutcase, than you are not a patriot in their eyes.
This is true. Pretty plain to see if one isn't completely brainwashed. The only time I see rw TV is when I'm in waiting rooms anyway because I don't watch TV. Don't care to own one at this point.

the circle jerk is amusing

chickendance.gif

This is true. Pretty plain to see if one isn't completely brainwashed. The only time I see rw TV is when I'm in waiting rooms anyway because I don't watch TV. Don't care to own one at this point.

Not enough plugins in the basement eh?

On the other hand, running a clip of Douglas followed by a clip of a chimpanzee doing gymnastics wasn't at all racist to democrats.

:eusa_whistle:

It wasn't... it was a commercial slated for that spot LOOOONG before she won :rolleyes:

I also noted in article:

Douglas’ pink leotard, Fox host Alisyn Camerota lamented, was emblematic of an Olympic “trend” (one that, Fox wants you to believe, is part of a liberal-left conspiracy to rid the world of red, white, and blue) of athletes wearing colors that don’t appear on the American flag.

“Some folks have noticed that the American athletes’ uniforms don’t carry the stars and stripes look as much as they have in past years,” Camerota complained, without any evidence of who “some folks” might be. “The famous flag-styled outfits worn in year’s past replaced with yellow shirts, gray track suits, pink leotards.”

Where is the race refference Label???

If Fox really wanted to attack a black olympian surely it would be Serena Williams embarassing herself and the country with her little crip dance.

It was a comment on the fashion of rejecting the US, not an attack on Douglas' race.

On the other hand, running a clip of Douglas followed by a clip of a chimpanzee doing gymnastics wasn't at all racist to democrats.

Exactly, the OP would have never started a thread about NBC doing that, but would have exploded had it been FOX.

Here comes the deflections. A commercial that has been run numerous times is faux outrage by the right wing machine and their obedient sheep.
Fox has done things such as showing a photo of Douglas with her back turned while showing one of the white teammates, as well as now with them saying douglas isn't patriotic because of her outfit she wore.

This is something that is racist and should not be tolerated. Fox owes Douglas an apology but that will never happen because right wingers are pussies.
God you're a paronoid.

Condi Rice touted Gabby Douglas as an African American hero because she's the first African-American to win the individual all-around gymnastics title. That's racist to me. Why can't Gabby just be an awesome gymnast? Why does the color of her skin make any difference at all? Is she only an inspiration to black little girls into gymnastics? Of course not, she's an inspiration to all little girls who are into gymnastics. As long as someone is pointing out the color of someone's skin racism will continue to thrive.

I hate all this racist crap that has been spewed so much over the past several years. Seriously.

fwiw, I didn't particularly like the pink jumpitard or the white one that McKayla Maroney wore. I always like the jumpitards to reflect the country of origin.

If Fox really wanted to attack a black olympian surely it would be Serena Williams embarassing herself and the country with her little crip dance.

It was a comment on the fashion of rejecting the US, not an attack on Douglas' race.

Worth saying again...
But it was racist to CON$!!!!!

August 06, 2012
RUSH: * Let me ask you a question.* If you see a commercial with a monkey doing gymnastics and you think of an African-American, doesn't that make you racist?*

displaying flags and lapel pins does not automatically confer/bestow patriotism on someone. Just sayin.....

The same goes for a network... just because they mention the lack of "patriotic" colors does not mean they are being "racist"... you guys deminish the word when you cry racism at every freeking turn...

The damn monkey commercial is stupid too.... that thing was slated for that slot long before she won a gold medal.

I feel sooooo sorry for that wonderful little girl for having to deal with the stupidity from both sides on this.

If you equate a monkey to a black gymnast, that reflects on you... :eusa_hand:

Condi Rice touted Gabby Douglas as an African American hero because she's the first African-American to win the individual all-around gymnastics title. That's racist to me. Why can't Gabby just be an awesome gymnast? Why does the color of her skin make any difference at all? Is she only an inspiration to black little girls into gymnastics? Of course not, she's an inspiration to all little girls who are into gymnastics. As long as someone is pointing out the color of someone's skin racism will continue to thrive.

I hate all this racist crap that has been spewed so much over the past several years. Seriously.

Pointing out the color of ones skin is not racist. Thinking that one race is inferior because of the color of their skin, now that's racist. Racism will continue to exist as long as there are those who think their race is superior by virtue of skin color.

Forum List

Back