Morality of Wealth Redistribution

Like how the government subsidizes the oil companies? They receive money they didn't earn. Let's give that money back to the people who earned it: the taxpayers.

Stop having donor states give the taxpayer's money to states that receive it. In my state we give some of our hard earned tax dollars to other states, who haven't earned it.

Anybody who doesn't support these two things, isn't really serious about being against the redistribution of wealth.

We sure do here in Louisiana... the Feds rape us for billions and then give it to fuckwad blue states so they can make their transfer payments.

My, what a liar you are. You recieve $1.78 for every dollar you pay in federal taxes. You are just another welfare state on the tit provided by the liberal states that recieve less than they pay in so you single wide rednecks can lie and bitch about how much you pay.

http://www.visualeconomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/tax.jpg

I'm not certain what makes up those figures but just thinking about it, I would guess this includes SSI and Medicare payments and if that is the case then one reason for the disparity is that all them Northern states do not take care of their aged and send them our way to take care of them. :eusa_shhh:

Those aged and retired don't pay much in taxes anymore but they do receive. So, maybe if you would actually take care of your own...?! ;) Come to think of it, they clog up our streets to and make driving a literal nightmare. So we deserve the extra taxes. :lol:

Immie

And it is quite obvious that the 140+ hours of basket weaving and poli-sci is really paying off for you.. your thoughts are all over the map. Look you pompous little twit, you deflect, obfuscate and in general avoid defending anything you say in any rational manner.

MY thoughts are all over the map? Wow. My posts have dealt w/one topic- corporate welfare. No reading comprehension either I see. For shame...

Last edited:
No, we just lag behind in fairly taxing those that benefit most from the system.

Ah yes, "fair."

"What you earn is mine, but the lavish pension and absurd wage I get from my government job is mine."

Our present tax system punishes those who do the creating and rewards the parasites that live off of the sweat of others.

ROFL

Yes, by NOT taking enough of the wealth created by others to give to government "workers."

Stealing is not moral...

Redistribution of wealth constitutes stealing... I could care less how others philosophize with the process, but logically its theft.

A person without a car could steal one and use the same philosophy those that the proponents of redistribution of wealth use.

"well he needs a car"

So whats the difference between stealing a car or the government stealing money from one and giving it to another to buy a car?

Redistribution of wealth constitutes stealing... I could care less how others philosophize with the process, but logically its theft.
If you want to go live in the woods away from society and not use any of the stuff government provides I'm fine with you keeping all the fruits of your labor.

Please present a sound argument to that effect.
Describing morality in this way is not making a claim about what is objectively right or wrong, but only referring to what is considered right or wrong by an individual or some group of people.
Ah! The Appeal to Popularity fallacy.
That a number of people think someting it moral does not make it so.
Fail.

Disagree.

Morality has two principal meanings:

In its "descriptive" sense, morality refers to personal or cultural values, codes of conduct or social mores that distinguish between right and wrong in the human society. Describing morality in this way is not making a claim about what is objectively right or wrong, but only referring to what is considered right or wrong by an individual or some group of people (such as a religion). This sense of the term is addressed by descriptive ethics.

In its "normative" sense, morality refers directly to what is right and wrong, regardless of what specific individuals think. It could be defined as the conduct of the ideal "moral" person in a certain situation. This usage of the term is characterized by "definitive" statements such as "That act is immoral" rather than descriptive ones such as "Many believe that act is immoral." It is often challenged by moral nihilism, which rejects the existence of any moral truths,[5] and supported by moral realism, which supports the existence of moral truths. The normative usage of the term "morality" is addressed by normative ethics

Morality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Describing morality in this way is not making a claim about what is objectively right or wrong, but only referring to what is considered right or wrong by an individual or some group of people.
Fail.
Disagree.
That just means you refuse to admit the fallacy of your argument.
If you choose to refuse to understand how you're wrong, there's nothing anyone can do to help you.
:shrug:

All Western societies implement a form of a progressive tax scale. The US lags behind most developed nations in this regard.

Best be careful Boo, you could shoot your foot off flinging about loaded statements like that...

"The US lags behind in taking wealth from it's citizens, something we really must address..."

Not to worry, I'm only concerned about pseudo-cons who take partial statements out of context shooting my feet.

But are you trying to say that either one of those sentences are not true?

Fail.
Disagree.
If you choose to refuse to understand how you're wrong, there's nothing anyone can do to help you.

So by not including the definition I posted regarding cultural morality and why I disagreee in your response, does that means you no long want to continue a conversation and simply declare me to be wrong.

:eusa_whistle:

Not to worry, I'm only concerned about pseudo-cons who take partial statements out of context shooting my feet.

But are you trying to say that either one of those sentences are not true?

I'm saying that your phraseology is absurd.

"Laos lags behind North Korea in the number of citizens dying of starvation."

This was once considered the "land of opportunity" precisely because those who created and achieved were afforded the right to keep what they made. BUT that was BEFORE the era where 40% pull their paycheck from some form of government.

Disagree.
So by not including the definition I posted regarding cultural morality and why I disagreee in your response, does that means you no long want to continue a conversation and simply declare me to be wrong.
I asked for a sound argument.
Yours is based on a fallacy and thus, cannot be sound.
At this point, your only meaningful recourse is to start over.
Feel free to do so.
:popcorn:

No, we just lag behind in fairly taxing those that benefit most from the system. Our present tax system punishes those who do the creating and rewards the parasites that live off of the sweat of others.

Yes... it does punish the job creators and the investors with a higher tax burden, while others pay zero income taxes at all... and reward those who suck off the government tit while doing nothing (the welfare queens, and lazy)... for once you have stated something correct

You dumb fucks sure proved what a genius you had for job creation from 2001 to 2009. Left us with a job growth that did not even keep up with the high school and college graduations. Not only that, you left us in one hell of a economic mess. Damned near had the Second Great Republican Depression.

Now you want to tell us how to spend money. Kind of like having a pyromaniac guarding an oil refinery.

The average unemployment rate over the 8 years that Bush was in office was 5.3%. That was with some major disruptions called Katrina and the attack on 911. The average unemployment rate for 2009 and 2010 was 9.3% and is still at 9%. How is that hopee changee shit working for you?

If you want to go live in the woods away from society and not use any of the stuff government provides I'm fine with you keeping all the fruits of your labor.

Nice, typical liberal bullshit argument.

When non-libs point to social welfare and condemn it, the libs start talking about logical public works, safety etc and shit..

How about quit giving people free welfare money to vote democrat?

Does that satisfy you???

Giving people free money to sit on their ass and do nothing but cry is bullshit...

People shouldn't be allowed to live on welfare their whole lives..

So yes, I have a fucking problem with tax dollars supporting people financially...

Its funny how the lazy always support the democrats and communism, yet under real communism the lazy are brained or purged.... Thats some ironic shit..

How about quit giving people free welfare money to vote democrat?

No one is doing that retard.

Giving people free money to sit on their ass and do nothing but cry is bullshit...
Or that.

People shouldn't be allowed to live on welfare their whole lives..
Very few do, they're usually people who are disabled.
So yes, I have a fucking problem with tax dollars supporting people financially...
Boo fucking hoo, sorry you don't like food stamps for poor families, not my problem you're an a-hole, deal with it yourself.

I asked for a sound argument.
Yours is based on a fallacy and thus, cannot be sound.
At this point, your only meaningful recourse is to start over.
Feel free to do so.
:popcorn:

You're entitled to your opinion, not facts. Simply ignore what doesn't agree with you.

Forum List

Back