Morality of Wealth Redistribution

Your stating it does not make it "truth"....

What the eff are you talking about retard? What is "it" that you are claiming is false???

What I stated was that I was surprised that no righties had a negative reaction to the farm subsidy numbers - and none HAVE so far. Then you go on your typical "It is not my job to take care of you" BS straight out of the GOP "talking points" manual, which, by the way had NOTHING to do with anything I posted. Geez Louise...

Yes the progressive tax code is moral.
Please present a sound argument to that effect.

Describing morality in this way is not making a claim about what is objectively right or wrong, but only referring to what is considered right or wrong by an individual or some group of people.

All Western societies implement a form of a progressive tax scale. The US lags behind most developed nations in this regard.
Tax Progressivity and Income Inequality | Angry Bear - Financial and Economic Commentary

Tax Tables / Tax Bracket Rates

Good, let's keep it this way.

Your stating it does not make it "truth"....

What the eff are you talking about retard? What is "it" that you are claiming is false???

What I stated was that I was surprised that no righties had a negative reaction to the farm subsidy numbers - and none HAVE so far. Then you go on your typical "It is not my job to take care of you" BS straight out of the GOP "talking points" manual, which, by the way had NOTHING to do with anything I posted. Geez Louise...

Oh great... the what is the definition of it argument...

:lol:

The man asked you this:

So if you find it so shameful to receive money that was taken by force from someone else why do push so hard for other people to keep receiving what has been taken from others?

And you responded with this nonsense:

No idea what this grammar-poor paragraph means. You didn't go to college, did you? No English 101, I suspect?

Are you fucking high or just illiterate?

Well, when you adamantly demand that something is false in an argument, it is generally a good idea to know what you are referring to (and anyone making a rebuttal). Didn't attend debate classes either, did you guys? God, you righties on this board are so freaking dumb! No wonder this country is in the state that it is in.

Last edited:
Describing morality in this way is not making a claim about what is objectively right or wrong, but only referring to what is considered right or wrong by an individual or some group of people.
Ah! The Appeal to Popularity fallacy.
That a number of people think someting it moral does not make it so.
Fail.

All Western societies implement a form of a progressive tax scale. The US lags behind most developed nations in this regard.

Best be careful Boo, you could shoot your foot off flinging about loaded statements like that...

"The US lags behind in taking wealth from it's citizens, something we really must address..."

Like how the government subsidizes the oil companies? They receive money they didn't earn. Let's give that money back to the people who earned it: the taxpayers.

Stop having donor states give the taxpayer's money to states that receive it. In my state we give some of our hard earned tax dollars to other states, who haven't earned it.

Anybody who doesn't support these two things, isn't really serious about being against the redistribution of wealth.

We sure do here in Louisiana... the Feds rape us for billions and then give it to fuckwad blue states so they can make their transfer payments.

My, what a liar you are. You recieve $1.78 for every dollar you pay in federal taxes. You are just another welfare state on the tit provided by the liberal states that recieve less than they pay in so you single wide rednecks can lie and bitch about how much you pay.

http://www.visualeconomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/tax.jpg

Well, when you adamantly demand that something is false in an argument, it is generally a good idea to know what you are referring to (and anyone making a rebuttal). Didn't attend debate classes either, did you guys. God, you righties on this board are so freaking dumb! No wonder this country is in the state that it is in.

And it is quite obvious that the 140+ hours of basket weaving and poli-sci is really paying off for you.. your thoughts are all over the map. Look you pompous little twit, you deflect, obfuscate and in general avoid defending anything you say in any rational manner. You my fine boy, are in no position to be calling out anyone for lack of mental acuity.

Best be careful Boo, you could shoot your foot off flinging about loaded statements like that...

"The US lags behind in taking wealth from it's citizens, something we really must address..."

No, we just lag behind in fairly taxing those that benefit most from the system. Our present tax system punishes those who do the creating and rewards the parasites that live off of the sweat of others.

Well, when you adamantly demand that something is false in an argument, it is generally a good idea to know what you are referring to (and anyone making a rebuttal). Didn't attend debate classes either, did you guys. God, you righties on this board are so freaking dumb! No wonder this country is in the state that it is in.

And it is quite obvious that the 140+ hours of basket weaving and poli-sci is really paying off for you.. your thoughts are all over the map. Look you pompous little twit, you deflect, obfuscate and in general avoid defending anything you say in any rational manner. You my fine boy, are in no position to be calling out anyone for lack of mental acuity.

He's the epitome of the "self appointed know-it-all"

No, we just lag behind in fairly taxing those that benefit most from the system. Our present tax system punishes those who do the creating and rewards the parasites that live off of the sweat of others.

Yes... it does punish the job creators and the investors with a higher tax burden, while others pay zero income taxes at all... and reward those who suck off the government tit while doing nothing (the welfare queens, and lazy)... for once you have stated something correct

Dumb ass, you just stated that Louisianna gets the hind tit on reciept of federal funds, when in fact you getr $1.78 for every dollar you send in. You are supported by the liberal states. You know, the states where education is considered to be a good thing.

What I stated was that I was surprised that no righties had a negative reaction to the farm subsidy numbers - and none HAVE so far.

Yawn...

{"We cannot afford to lavish these subsidies on corporate agribusiness," says Steve Ellis of Taxpayers for Common Sense. "Paying farmers not to farm doesn't make any sense and neither does giving people money just because they happen to own land where historically there had been farming like direct payments."}

Read more: Taxpayer Calculator: Farm Subsidies - FoxNews.com

The right opposes farm subsidies, which are a hold-over from the Bolshevik policies of FDR. Subsidies were given to farmers NOT to grow food, in order to drive food prices up. The justification being that low food prices were deflationary.

So if you find it so shameful to receive money that was taken by force from someone else why do push so hard for other people to keep receiving what has been taken from others?

1. Are you saying that *I* received money forcibly taken from someone else? When?
2. What the hell does this even mean? "why do push so hard for other people to keep receiving what has been taken from others?" Who am I pushing for to keep receiving (or to receive at all) anything that has been taken from others? My post was AGAINST corporate welfare, dumbass. Good lord.

Because it alleviates the burden of financial need in a moderate manner. It makes a reasonable requirement of the wealthier that they contribute more to society as a whole.

Since they are contributing from resources that are above and beyond those that fund one's necessities, they are not being asked contribute more than they can afford.

The progressive income tax fixes in part the fundamental social injustices that are an inevitable consequence of unfettered capitalism.

Yes... it does punish the job creators and the investors with a higher tax burden, while others pay zero income taxes at all... and reward those who suck off the government tit while doing nothing (the welfare queens, and lazy)... for once you have stated something correct

You dumb fucks sure proved what a genius you had for job creation from 2001 to 2009. Left us with a job growth that did not even keep up with the high school and college graduations. Not only that, you left us in one hell of a economic mess. Damned near had the Second Great Republican Depression.

Now you want to tell us how to spend money. Kind of like having a pyromaniac guarding an oil refinery.

Forum List

Back