Moore to release F911 dvd in october

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Avatar4321, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
  2. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    No - it means he is trying to get it out to as many people as possible before the election.

We should organize a "BUY and BURN A DVD" event. Set aside a national date where everyone buys the damn thing and then immediately goes outside and setis it on fire.

What are those web things where eveyone goes to some appointed place at the appointed time and does something freaky?

Let's do it. OCTOBER 5TH IS THE RELEASE DATE.

3. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    He's an extremist Coulter/Franken/Maher-esque ranter. Why do people bother talking about him on this board so much, he's just not worth it.

4. nakedemperor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    I'm pretty sure Avatar was being sarcastic...any movie that makes 125 million + in the box office isn't a bust.

And you want everyone to buy this guy's DVD to give him MORE capital to make even MORE partisan crap?

5. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    You missed the point on both accounts.

6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    First, no i wasnt being sarcastic. movies dont come out on dvd fast unless they dont do well in the theatres. if this movie was doing as well in the theatres it would still be there. they wouldnt have to plan a dvd release.

Second, I refuse to purchases a single thing that guy will profit off of. But id be willing to invest in some hamburger stands near his house to take his money:)

Third, Is it me or he just being stupid here? he released his film and Bush got a bump in the polls. And now he wants to release it right before the election and somehow the movie that didnt hurt him in june is going to hurt him in october. That makes so sense.

Seriously the Democrats are playing this election totally wrong. I think the economist prediction of Bush winning with 57%+ of the vote is going to be a rather simple accomplishment.

7. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Agreed on the bombing portion - yeah it made some money, but that was an anomoly.

I still thinkg the organized burning of his crap sounds like fun.

He is self absorbed and I think him getting so much attention at the convention really has him convinvced he is some kind of icon and his shit will make a difference. I hope he keeps his ugly mug and stupid shit out there - it will ensure a Dem loss.

8. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    No it did well. There are many sheep out there. His release date is a further ploy by either him or his newly found DNC buddies to make it fresh in people's minds just before their eventual thumping at the polls.

If MM is one thing, he's a marketing Genius.

9. nakedemperor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    I missed the point Avatar because he wasn't being saracastic...he was just wrong. In terms of how much it cost, making 125 million is a HUGE financial success. And it still is in theatres in places.

And as to you burning DVDs...I understood that it was a sign of protest but imagine the money MM would make if everyone did that? He's already the minority viewpoint, what does he care if he gets protested?

10. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Will wonders never cease.

I have to agree with nakedemperor on this one. He had no actors to pay, just himself and what film crew he had, traveling expenses, and however much it cost him to fake that headline, which probably wasn't much. Very little overhead means big profits from smaller box office, and it actually didn't do to bad as far as box office anyway. This DVD release is all about the election.