Moore F 9/11 Deceptions

walwor

May 19, 2004
Kentucky, USA
After watching Fahrenheit 9/11, I came out of the theatre with a lot of mixed feelings. I've been supporting Bush, and the movie makes a lot of pretty serious charges about him. If true, a lot of them are pretty damning. The one that really got me was the arrogant speech Bush was apparently giving at some Fundraising Dinner, where he was apparently speaking to Republicans who were supporting him. "This is an impressive crowd - the haves and the have-mores. Some people call you the elites; I call you my base." That's one thing I've hated about Bush, the rich daddy's boy, and there he was, flaunting his ivory tower life.

In case you wonder how I remember that quote so well- well, I remembered it pretty well, but I was able to cut and paste it from CBSNews.com. This website alerted me to it:

www.davekopel.org/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

and the story itself is here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/10/18/politics/main242210.shtml

And what was the venue at which George W. Bush made his rich-boy statement? Was it a Republican fund-raiser? Well, no. GWB, along with Al Gore, during the 2000 campaign, "both joined New York City's political elite at the Alfred E. Smith memorial dinner, a fundraiser for Catholic charities hosted by the Archbishop," according to the CBS News story. "The presidential candidates came well-armed with jokes, often poking fun at themselves." It was supposed to be a joke. It was presented in the movie with absolutely NO CONTEXT whatsoever. What appeared to be arrogant was actually self-deprecating. Do you enjoy having your emotions falsely manipulated? I sure don't. Michael Moore must have known the context. If he had to stoop this low to make his point, doesn't it make you wonder about other points he makes in this movie? Dave Kopel's website outlines quite a few more deceptions. The moral of this is make up your own mind, and don't be swayed by propaganda put out by Michael Moore, who I'm starting to think may be the worst American alive today.

walwor said:
After watching Fahrenheit 9/11, I came out of the theatre with a lot of mixed feelings. I've been supporting Bush, and the movie makes a lot of pretty serious charges about him. If true, a lot of them are pretty damning. The one that really got me was the arrogant speech Bush was apparently giving at some Fundraising Dinner, where he was apparently speaking to Republicans who were supporting him. "This is an impressive crowd - the haves and the have-mores. Some people call you the elites; I call you my base." That's one thing I've hated about Bush, the rich daddy's boy, and there he was, flaunting his ivory tower life.

In case you wonder how I remember that quote so well- well, I remembered it pretty well, but I was able to cut and paste it from CBSNews.com. This website alerted me to it:

www.davekopel.org/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

and the story itself is here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/10/18/politics/main242210.shtml

And what was the venue at which George W. Bush made his rich-boy statement? Was it a Republican fund-raiser? Well, no. GWB, along with Al Gore, during the 2000 campaign, "both joined New York City's political elite at the Alfred E. Smith memorial dinner, a fundraiser for Catholic charities hosted by the Archbishop," according to the CBS News story. "The presidential candidates came well-armed with jokes, often poking fun at themselves." It was supposed to be a joke. It was presented in the movie with absolutely NO CONTEXT whatsoever. What appeared to be arrogant was actually self-deprecating. Do you enjoy having your emotions falsely manipulated? I sure don't. Michael Moore must have known the context. If he had to stoop this low to make his point, doesn't it make you wonder about other points he makes in this movie? Dave Kopel's website outlines quite a few more deceptions. The moral of this is make up your own mind, and don't be swayed by propaganda put out by Michael Moore, who I'm starting to think may be the worst American alive today.

Another example of MM crap. I'm glad you didn't fall for it. This is an example of the media in all it's one sidedness,loves to make Bush look bad. Why would Bush say something like that in a public speech where he could easily be scrutinized? MM is so radical,that many Dems don't take him serious. Pure election year propoganda. Watch CBS news as well,they are awful. I beleive Bush is for the average guy,contrary to what the media will have you believe. We were affected by Bush's tax cuts,and we are absolutely in no way higher income. The media and MM suck!

:rolleyes:

First - this is a Hollyweird movie - land of make believe and make you believe - it is not a documentory or a biographical account.
Its ideas are made up what this person said and that person said - which is much the same as the National Enquirer...he said, she said...therefore it must be true - sort of - maybe - I don't know but its fun.

Michael Moore is a diehard liberal democrat whose job it is to make movies - and make money from those movies. Naturally he using his 'power' to promote what he believes and what he wants America to believe....he is preying on the weak minded and the ill informed...and most of all he is making more money off of this tragedy that you will earn in your entire life.

Forum List

Back