Monsters and Men: The Vile Elixir of Race In Politics and In The Courtroom

My guess is that there's nothing in that article about Nixon and the Southern Strategy, or Reagan kicking off his 1980 campaign in Philadelphia, MS while mentioning States rights (for the uneducated, Philadelphia, MS is where 3 civil rights workers were murdered in 1964), or George Bush Sr's campaign running ads about Willie Horton, or the current Republican Party purging voter rolls of blacks in Southern States, or how black districts continue to have too few voting machines to serve the people who are forced to stand in line for hours while predominately white districts have no such problem.

Or should I bother to read the article because those, and other, examples are included?

Last edited:
My guess is that there's nothing in that article about Nixon and the Southern Strategy, or Reagan kicking off his 1980 campaign in Philadelphia, MS while mentioning States rights (for the uneducated, Philadelphia, MS is where 3 civil rights workers were murdered in 1964), or George Bush Sr's campaign running ads about Willie Horton, or the current Republican Party purging voter rolls of blacks in Southern States, or how black districts continue to have too few voting machines to serve the people who are forced to stand in line for hours while predominately white districts have no such problem.

Or should I bother to read the article because those, and other, examples are included?

The Democratic party has a history of racism. Pure and simple. Instead of oppressing the black man, you imprison him in his own past and teach him how to use it against his enemies. Instead of White Supremacy as it was back in the day, it's White Guilt. See how that works? Now if a man defends himself against black man and he happens to be white, God help him. Black liberals have no idea how they are being used as pawns in a game.

Everything right wingers do is race based. Yet they continue to scream when anyone brings up their racist behavior. Why not "embrace it". It's who they are.

Everything right wingers do is race based. Yet they continue to scream when anyone brings up their racist behavior. Why not "embrace it". It's who they are.

Sure, in your version of reality.

Since the early 1800's the Democrats have been racist. It's in their blood.

jim-crow.jpg

The Southern Strategy only worked in the 1972 election, in 1976 the South went right back to voting Democratic. In 1968, Southern Democrats voted for George Wallace. So in essence the Southern Strategy failed.

1968:

ElectoralCollege1968.svg_.png

1972:

ElectoralCollege1972.svg_.png

1976:

ElectoralCollege1976.svg_.png

Forum List

Back