Monopoly Power and Wages

The problem is that corporations can off load labor costs on to the taxpayers.

Why pay people a living wage when you can pay them less and the employee can go get food stamps, HUD, etc?

These benefits put someone looking for a job at a disadvantage when it comes to negotiating wages.

If these benefits didn't exist or at least were hard to get people wouldn't take a 9 dollar an hour job at Walmart because what's the point? You can't afford to live and eat. The employer would be forced to pay more.
But even higher wages have been stagnant, these are people making too much to collect welfare. But there is no doubt the government is subsidizing lower wages for huge corporations.

That I think has alot to do with the deindustrialization of America.

Ross Perot the crazy redneck predicted this would happen 25 years ago and everyone called him "silly" I believe is what Al Gore said on Larry King.
Ross was right about a lot.
Yeah, like that ‘sucking sound,’ but he failed to tell us it would be coming from under the desk in the Oval Office.

I don’t think you can stagnate wages with a few cheap immigrant workers. It probably has some effect for those who make very little, but even good paying jobs have been stagnant
Cheap immigrant workers causes huge ripples in the job market. Wages stagnate when the supply of workers outpaces available jobs, but the solution is not a single-pronged approach. We need to get rid of illegal immigrant labor. We need more people being self-employed. We need to end the lobbying/monopoly government/industrial complex, and people need to stop voting for communists.

Simple.

I don’t think you can stagnate wages with a few cheap immigrant workers. It probably has some effect for those who make very little, but even good paying jobs have been stagnant
Cheap immigrant workers causes huge ripples in the job market. Wages stagnate when the supply of workers outpaces available jobs, but the solution is not a single-pronged approach. We need to get rid of illegal immigrant labor. We need more people being self-employed. We need to end the lobbying/monopoly government/industrial complex, and people need to stop voting for communists.

Simple.
I agree with that. More self employed I think is dependent on ending the lobbying/monopolies and affordable healthcare.

Forum List

Back