Monkeys HATE Being Wrong!

Who doesn't hate being wrong?

I don't.

And the more I learn, the easier it is to heal from the burn.

Education is the second key. But it's required to find the first...
A little somethin' somethin' for your pipe :smoke:

`

You don't learn by wanting to be wrong. You learn by recognizing where you were wrong and correcting it so you are right. I'd you don't hate being wrong, you won't correct yourself and you won't learn.

You don't learn by wanting to be wrong. You learn by recognizing where you were wrong and correcting it so you are right. I'd you don't hate being wrong, you won't correct yourself and you won't learn.

Strawmonkeyman. He didn't say that he wanted to be wrong, he said he didn't hate being wrong, because he learns from his mistakes.

It is my experience that people who hate to be wrong/make mistakes generally don't do very much. They stay in well-traveled ruts, never taking any risks or moving outside of their comfort zone.

Success always starts with failure: Why Success Always Starts With Failure - 99U

When it comes to the unprovable, like God, Origins, Destiny and Afterlife, tolerant Monkeys are Monkeys who're willing to admit that there is a possibility - however remote - that what they believe about the unprovable subjects may be wrong.

A willingness to admit that nobody, including you, truly KNOWS how life started, or what happens to the software that drives our flesh when it dies is not a sign of weak faith, it's merely an admission that faith is required in the making of those very personal decisions.
You have been consistently fair an any of these types of discussions, Joe.

You know my beliefs and have never ridiculed or demeaned me for them.
I think that is because of the point of your topic.
I've never been afraid to say I may be wrong. That would be quite conceited of me......to say that, with all the different religions, beliefs and non-beliefs, and dogma scattered around the world, my "way is the only way'.
My way works for me and I sleep well at night, without fear.

It's sad that any discussion in R&E attracts so many trolls and anti-whatevers.

Stay cool Monkey Joe
:cool:

To rest easy at night is something to be cherished, no matter what the circumstances.

Even in our modern era of world-wide communications, too many of our brethren still sleep with one eye open when they sleep at all, personal faith not withstanding.

I'm glad you think yourself lucky. I too feel lucky.

:beer:

Forum List

Back