Monkey bread!

• Banned
You have to make it, Bones, it's AWESOME.

Except it needs to cook a lot longer than 30 minutes. I took it out at 30 minutes and turned it onto a plate and pulled one off...and complete raw dough in the middle. I ended up cooking it for almost 20-30 minutes more. So sort of watch the cook time...and you can put it back in if it's not finished. I had to turn it back into the bundt can and threw it back in, and it came out beautiful.

I used craisins instead of raisins. I don't know why, the kids said they wanted craisins but they won't eat them any more than they eat raisins, and raisins are a LOT cheaper! Also I used pecans (I have pecans from christmas baking).

The end product doesn't taste ANYTHING like canned biscuits...it tastes like bakery stuff.

Oooh....I've made monkey bread from a similar recipe using canned biscuit dough. It might have even been the same, I can't remember exactly. Yum is right!

Raisins are good, pecans, the last time I made them I had slivered almonds left over from something or other and sprinkled them on top. It turns out fabulous. :eusa_drool:

I do remember having to bake them longer though. It's been a while, I'll have to see what I have on hand for tomorrow.

• Banned
It's yummy.

I couldn't get all the dough into the gallon bag w/sugar & cinnamon, though, I had to do about half at a time. Otherwise they just stick together in a big wad.

When you take it out of the oven use a knife to separate the sides and middle; go down as far as you can. Then I just flipped it onto a plate and let it sit for about 20 minutes; then it was cool enough to pull apart but still warm.

soooooooooo i dont have a tube pan...no problem...grabbed an cheese cake pan with removal bottom...springform pan.....put something oven proof in middle and proceeded...well the oven has been on fire...on and off...seems the springform pan is leaking.....i attempted to put foil around bottom of pan.....its being to smell....lol

hey a few minor fires.....and this stuff is done.....i only had to bake it for 32 minutes....now this could have varied due to pan size....the springform is bigger than a tube pan i would think...i used pecans and raisins.....kick ass.....just plain ass good.....husband loved it. just being two of us...we have plenty of left overs

We used to have one of those automatic bread making machines.

Damned that was convenient and the bread was delicious.

It is only marginally cheaper than the best of the store bought, but it is about 10,000 times better than anything you can buy.

i got a tube pan...this stuff is great....i up the cinnamon and added golden raisins and pecans. i use the spray oil and it falls right out of the pan

Everytime I make bread, it's monkey bread by definition.

My kids first thought monkey bread was made of monkey meat and were really resistant about eating it.

I explained to them it wasn't made of monkeys, it's FOR monkeys - them!

Then they thought it was monkey food and still didn't want to eat it. They actually had to see another kid eat it before they would eat it.

soooooooooo i dont have a tube pan...no problem...grabbed an cheese cake pan with removal bottom...springform pan.....put something oven proof in middle and proceeded...well the oven has been on fire...on and off...seems the springform pan is leaking.....i attempted to put foil around bottom of pan.....its being to smell....lol

Good lord, Bones, who knew monkey bread was dangerous! Remember, stop, drop and roll!

I could eat this stuff every day. And you can't put too much sugar and cinnamon or butter/brown sugar on it. The more the better.

my monkey bread using this recipe:

007-3.jpg

Grampa, Monkey bread, let's hurry up an' get us some!...

99.jpg

Hold up thar' Grasshopper - let's take our time an' get it all.
:lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back