Moms are turning to crowdfunding to help pay for maternity leave

Do you know where each of the candidates running for President stands on paid maternity leave?

What does government have to do with whether your employer pays you to have children?

What does government have to do with whether your employer pays you to have children?
YAWN. If you can't or don't comprehend how the US is the ONLY civilized nation that doesn't offer then you are one of the ones who obviously doesn't care and therefore its useless to even try explaining.

YAWN. If you can't or don't comprehend how the US is the ONLY civilized nation that doesn't offer then you are one of the ones who obviously doesn't care and therefore its useless to even try explaining.

That, or your position makes no sense and trying to explain it would be painful and humiliating.

That, or your position makes no sense and trying to explain it would be painful and humiliating.
When the rest of the civilized world has something then obviously it makes sense. I can't explain things to a caveman republitard who really doesn't care anyways.

dblack would be one of those people arguing "But what about MY rights? I don't have kids, but I should get at least as much paid leave as some woman who wants to have kids!" Or maybe "Women need to decide whether they want a career or kids. Why should they have both?"

When the rest of the civilized world has something then obviously it makes sense. I can't explain things to a caveman republitard who really doesn't care anyways.

I'm not a Republican.

Why should a business owner or taxpayer be forced to pay for a woman to go off and have a kid? ..... :cool:

An intelligent business owner wants to retain good employees.

An intelligent taxpayer understands what happens to countries with low birth-rates.

Someone who is neither asks stupid questions.

You know, being in the military kinda shielded me from a lot of the way things are done in civilian life. 20 years in the Navy, and because the Navy gives 12 weeks of paid maternity leave, I thought that civilian businesses would give out at least 6. I based that on the fact that civilians got only 2 weeks (14 days) vacation per year, whereas in the military we get a full 30 days of paid vacation (leave) per year, so I figured the civilian world would be about half for this as well.

Yes, I think that paid maternity leave should be given to all mothers, at the very least 4 weeks, because bonding is important for the mother and the child.

Hey, like I said, the military does it (even fathers are eligible for a shorter period of time), so why can't others?

Know what the best part about the military leave policy? You could save leave up to 60 days, but if you had over 60 days, you had to use it by the end of the fiscal year or lose it, but, you could carry over 60 days into the next year and build on that if you manage it right.

When I went on retirement leave, I had a full 72 days built up. It was nice to be on vacation for 2 and a half months, getting full pay, but not having to do anything.

Why should a business owner or taxpayer be forced to pay for a woman to go off and have a kid? ..... :cool:

An intelligent taxpayer understands what happens to countries with low birth-rates.

An intelligent person doesn't want government telling them who they can work for.

An intelligent person doesn't want government telling them who they can work for.

Is that what you think this thread is about? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back