Moms are turning to crowdfunding to help pay for maternity leave

Why should a business owner or taxpayer be forced to pay for a woman to go off and have a kid? ..... :cool:

An intelligent business owner wants to retain good employees.

An intelligent taxpayer understands what happens to countries with low birth-rates.

Someone who is neither asks stupid questions.

An intelligent person doesn't want government telling them who they can work for.

Is that what you think this thread is about? :cuckoo:

Of course it is. If government mandates maternity leave, they're telling us we can't work for an employer that doesn't offer maternity leave. It gets old explaining such basic facts to you. Are you really this stupid? Or is it just part of your propaganda?

An intelligent person would know your numbers are off by millennia...
Were you born retarded or did you suffer a head injury later in life? ..... :cool:

So no one ever explained to you where babies come from? How sad. Write another meaningless off-topic post.

Why should a business owner or taxpayer be forced to pay for a woman to go off and have a kid? ..... :cool:

An intelligent taxpayer understands what happens to countries with low birth-rates.

An intelligent person doesn't want government telling them who they can work for.

Of course it is. If government mandates maternity leave, they're telling us we can't work for an employer that doesn't offer maternity leave.

Is that how you think it works? :cuckoo:

Of course it is. If government mandates maternity leave, they're telling us we can't work for an employer that doesn't offer maternity leave. It gets old explaining such basic facts to you. Are you really this stupid? Or is it just part of your propaganda?
dblack, I'm not going to waste any more time responding to this obvious Troll.

I suggest that you do the same......and maybe he will just go away. ..... :cool:

Last edited:
I'm not going to waste any more time responding to this obvious Troll.

dblack isn't a troll, just someone with very rigid opinions.

Were you born retarded or did you suffer a head injury later in life? ..... :cool:

So no one ever explained to you where babies come from? How sad. Write another meaningless off-topic post.

Of course it is. If government mandates maternity leave, they're telling us we can't work for an employer that doesn't offer maternity leave.

If maternity leave is mandated by government, yes. You deny it?

If you want to do business in Country X, you abide by the regulations in Country X.

Otherwise you should move your corporate HQ as well as your manufacturing and revenue overseas. I hear Somalia's amenable for scamster entities like you.

So what would you consider a reasonable amount of time for a woman to bond with a newborn before she went back to work?

If you want to do business in Country X, you abide by the regulations in Country X.

I live in Country X. I have a vested interested in avoiding stupid laws.

Otherwise you should move your corporate HQ as well as your manufacturing and revenue overseas. I hear Somalia's amenable for scamster entities like you.

Somalia!!!!

So what would you consider a reasonable amount of time for a woman to bond with a newborn before she went back to work?

I wouldn't presume to make that call for someone else. That's where our disagreement lies.

I wouldn't presume to make that call for someone else.

And yet employers do. So shall we put you in the "corporations are people" column or the "CEOs are wealthy and powerful, therefore they know best" column or just your usual :lalala:?

And yet employers do. So shall we put you in the "corporations are people" column or the "CEOs are wealthy and powerful, therefore they know best" column or just your usual :lalala:?

Put me in the column of people who understand the difference between employers and government.

Put me in the column of people who understand the difference between employers and government.

That's patently obvious. You praise employers (except for insurers) for doing the exact things you condemn government for doing.

Either exploiting people is wrong or it isn't. You feel "it depends on who's doing the exploiting."

You'll say "If these women don't like it, they can just go work somewhere else."

But if someone says to you "If you don't like the way your country's run, you can go live somewhere else" you get all upset.

To most people there are other choices.

That's patently obvious. You praise employers (except for insurers) for doing the exact things you condemn government for doing.

Nope. Not even close. Employers can't pass laws, they can't arrest you and put you in jail if you defy them. The worst they can do is fire you. If you can't understand that, then you're never going to understand my political opinions.

Last edited:

Nope. Not even close. Employers can't pass laws, they can't arrest you and put you in jail if you defy them. The worse they can do is fire you. If you can't understand that, then you're never going to understand my political opinions.

Apparently you believe a mother's right to spend a few extra weeks with her newborn - not to mention the benefits to the baby - is a political issue.

You're right. There's no reasoning with that mindset.

Nope. Not even close. Employers can't pass laws, they can't arrest you and put you in jail if you defy them. The worse they can do is fire you. If you can't understand that, then you're never going to understand my political opinions.

Apparently you believe a mother's right to spend a few extra weeks with her newborn - not to mention the benefits to the baby - is a political issue.

Exactly the opposite.

Exactly the opposite.

Is that why you're trying to turn it into one?

Exactly the opposite.

WTF?? Are you just playing Orwellian word games, or do you really not understand what I'm saying? I'm saying it should NOT be a political issue - government should have no say in the matter. What part of that is confusing you?

Exactly the opposite.

WTF?? Are you just playing Orwellian word games, or do you really not understand what I'm saying? I'm saying it should NOT be a political issue - government should have no say in the matter. What part of that is confusing you?

Get back to me when you succeed in overturning all the special privileges government has granted corporations at taxpayer expense.

Exactly the opposite.

Get back to me when you succeed in overturning all the special privileges government has granted corporations at taxpayer expense.

Vote libertarian. We're working on exactly that.

Forum List

Back