Mom with cancer: "I Want to Apologize to Obama"

Pubs have been screwing the country out of health care since the forties, at least. Pub dupes!! We demand the freedom to die in the gutter...

Don't make threats - you've been warned!

AVG-JOE

Last edited by a moderator:
YAY! Lets bankrupt America but for a good, no, a GREAT cause!
This is a great lesion on how to buy votes btw… Make, people, dependant!

I like your style. I own a lot of gold & have thoughts of voting for the biggest spenders just to make it go up in value even faster. We are almost to the point of no return so we might as well crash the system so we can say I told you so whiles sitting on a pile of gold laughing.:badgrin::lol::badgrin::lol:

Obamacare is Free too!

Woot!

That's the best part about it Frank; Obamacare is free. Just think, if we had Medicare for all, it would be free for everyone too. :cuckoo:

Nobody said it's free, so quit trying to tell us it is. We're not stupid; we know the costs. Compared to private insurance, the cost is cheaper, so why not offer both?

This woman had been uninsured for at least six months & now we have to pay for her ass. Yea, this is going to have a happy ending for our country.

This is the reason that when the new health care legislation kicks in, there is a mandate for everyone to have insurance. It is understood that the system cannot work if people can wait until they become sick before buying insurance.

The reason it was put in place was to allow those who had pre-existing conditions the opportunity to purchase insurance at a fair price. I am one of those who took advantage of the high risk pool in my state. After I moved from Colorado to Ohio, the insurance companies in Ohio told me they would not insure me, even though I had had insurance in Colorado for over ten years. I had Anthem in Colorado. While Anthem in Ohio is a separate company, both are owned by parent company Wellpointe. But they would not insure me. Since I had a private policy because I am self-employed, HIPAA rules did not apply to me. In other words, the insurance companies found a way to get out of insuring a high risk individual.

So fucking eh, thank you Obama. Now I have insurance again. And guess what? Medical Mutual, the company providing my insurance, is making a lot of money off of me. Despite being a high risk, all of my treatment costs fall within my yearly deductible, so they pay nothing other than a couple of doctor visits per year. And despite being high risk ( I have cirrhosis of the liver due to Hemochromatosis), I don't drink or do anything that would automatically make my condition worse. In fact, I quit smoking and started working out and eating better. My doctor tells me that despite my condition, I'm in better shape for my age than 90% of people my age. But I'm high risk, and if the insurance companies had it their way, they would not insure me. Great fucking country we live in.

Oh, one last thing: I pay for my insurance. It ain't fucking free.

Last edited:
This woman had been uninsured for at least six months & now we have to pay for her ass. Yea, this is going to have a happy ending for our country.

This is the reason that when the new health care legislation kicks in, there is a mandate for everyone to have insurance. It is understood that the system cannot work if people can wait until they become sick before buying insurance.

The reason it was put in place was to allow those who had pre-existing conditions the opportunity to purchase insurance at a fair price. I am one of those who took advantage of the high risk pool in my state. After I moved from Colorado to Ohio, the insurance companies in Ohio told me they would not insure me, even though I had had insurance in Colorado for over ten years. I had Anthem in Colorado. While Anthem in Ohio is a separate company, both are owned by parent company Wellpointe. But they would not insure me. Since I had a private policy because I am self-employed, HIPAA rules did not apply to me. In other words, the insurance companies found a way to get out of insuring a high risk individual.

So fucking eh, thank you Obama. Now I have insurance again. And guess what? Medical Mutual, the company providing my insurance, is making a lot of money off of me. Despite being a high risk, all of my treatment costs fall within my yearly deductible, so they pay nothing other than a couple of doctor visits per year. And despite being high risk ( I have cirrhosis of the liver due to Hemochromatosis), I don't drink or do anything that would automatically make my condition worse. In fact, I quit smoking and started working out and eating better. My doctor tells me that despite my condition, I'm in better shape for my age than 90% of people my age. But I'm high risk, and if the insurance companies had it their way, they would not insure me. Great fucking country we live in.

I applaud you. :eusa_clap: At least you acted responsibly & utilized the state insurance pool that was around for at least a decade before Obamacare.

The family in this story decided to not pay their premium for 2 years & suddenly voilà mom gets cancer & suddenly wants to be insured. :eusa_boohoo: She describes her family as middle-class, so obviously they could afford insurance. They just decided to have fun instead of paying their bills. Now it is our responsibility. This shit should not be tolerated & will not stand for long!

I applaud you. :eusa_clap: At least you acted responsibly & utilized the state insurance pool that was around for at least a decade before Obamacare.

The family in this story decided to not pay their premium for 2 years & suddenly voilà mom gets cancer & suddenly wants to be insured. :eusa_boohoo: She describes her family as middle-class, so obviously they could afford insurance. They just decided to have fun instead of paying their bills. Now it is our responsibility. This shit should not be tolerated & will not stand for long!

Ohio had no state high risk pool before the new healthcare legislation kicked in. And the fact is that in states where it was offered, the rates were so high that very few could afford it. As an example, I know someone who tried to get into the high risk pool in Indiana. He was 62 years old with the same condition I have. They wanted nearly $2000 per month.

Ohio didn't even offer a high risk pool. They did offer what they called guaranteed coverage, but enrollment was limited and the insurance was offered by insurance companies. The rate I was quoted when I moved here was about $1000 per month, more than I could afford. It also included a $5000 deductible and a 12 month waiting period on all pre-existing conditions even though I already had insurance coverage in another state. I passed. Now I pay $421 per month with a $2500 deductible. My rates will drop by more than $100 in a few months, as soon as I have been tobacco free for six months. Even at that, these rates are about 50% higher than someone without a pre-existing condition would receive.

'Obamacare' to the rescue
A woman who felt President Obama had let the middle class down has changed her mind.

Fortunately for me, I've been saved by the federal government's Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan, something I had never heard of before needing it. It's part of President Obama's healthcare plan, one of the things that has already kicked in, and it guarantees access to insurance for U.S. citizens with preexisting conditions who have been uninsured for at least six months. The application was short, the premiums are affordable, and I have found the people who work in the administration office to be quite compassionate (nothing like the people I have dealt with over the years at other insurance companies.) It's not perfect, of course, and it still leaves many people in need out in the cold. But it's a start, and for me it's been a lifesaver — perhaps literally.

Which brings me to my apology. I was pretty mad at Obama before I learned about this new insurance plan. I had changed my registration from Democrat to Independent, and I had blacked out the top of the "h" on my Obama bumper sticker, so that it read, "Got nope" instead of "got hope." I felt like he had let down the struggling middle class. My son and I had campaigned for him, but since he took office, we felt he had let us down.

So this is my public apology. I'm sorry I didn't do enough of my own research to find out what promises the president has made good on. I'm sorry I didn't realize that he really has stood up for me and my family, and for so many others like us. I'm getting a new bumper sticker to cover the one that says "Got nope." It will say "ObamaCares."

If I had cancer I would NEVER expect you to pay for my treatment ...

Besides, under Obamas plan the government would tell her to fuck off if she became too ill and would give her an option of suicide or or discontinuation...

The government won't waste resources on a terminally ill patient.

Oh and lets also not forget these POS progressive fucks will tell people how to live their lives.. What they can do what they can eat... Under Obamafuck care you will need to show you're healthy enough to eat a cheeseburger to buy one... You know why?? because the government will say health care rests on the shoulders of the community..

Telling people what they can and cant do and can and cant ingest is the ultimate slap in the face to individualism..

Its amazing how a bunch of fucking retards beg the government to run their lives, even down to the food they eat just so they can get something for nothing..

Take a look at the UK because that's exactly what progressives envision... Its fucking disgusting..

Of course under Obamafucking care I would be FORCED to buy healthcare and if I couldn't afford the shit I'd have to go on welfare health care - in which they would force me to take a flu shot - which the last time I had one it made me deathly ill and I have had a leaky nose ever since (5-fucking years).

Would you rather get the flu every couple of years or be severely ill for a month and then have a runny nose for 5 years straight???

Ohio had no state high risk pool before the new healthcare legislation kicked in. And the fact is that in states where it was offered, the rates were so high that very few could afford it. As an example, I know someone who tried to get into the high risk pool in Indiana. He was 62 years old with the same condition I have. They wanted nearly $2000 per month.

Ohio didn't even offer a high risk pool. They did offer what they called guaranteed coverage, but enrollment was limited and the insurance was offered by insurance companies. The rate I was quoted when I moved here was about $1000 per month, more than I could afford. It also included a $5000 deductible and a 12 month waiting period on all pre-existing conditions even though I already had insurance coverage in another state. I passed. Now I pay $421 per month with a $2500 deductible. My rates will drop by more than $100 in a few months, as soon as I have been tobacco free for six months. Even at that, these rates are about 50% higher than someone without a pre-existing condition would receive.

Wow! - Here in Missouri we have had a un-insurable high risk pool for at least 15 years and the insurance is offered by insurance companies. The rate is only about 1/3rd higher than what regular insurance cost.

Most people I talk to around here who are not in the pool pay about $100 a month.

I don't blame the left for the fact that our federal government is now intruding in my life to this extent (and it wasn't like I appreciated other things they were doing before).

I blame the right.

They simply have not been diligent enough.

Nonsense. The ACA is a plan from the 90s. It's Dole's answer to Hillary's plan. Obama thought that the Pubs would agree to pass one of their own ideas. He underestimated how crazy you are.

Except that the ACA reduces the deficit.

If I had cancer I would NEVER expect you to pay for my treatment ...

Bullshit. Yes, you'd ask. You'd beg. For yourself or your family. You have no clue what you're saying.

Besides, under Obamas plan the government would tell her to fuck off if she became too ill and would give her an option of suicide or or discontinuation...

The government won't waste resources on a terminally ill patient.

Bullshit. This is rank paranoia.

Another bullshit, planted story.

From the comments section of the story:
Nice try LA Times.The federally-funded program is called the California Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP). The PCIP offers health coverage to medically-uninsurable individuals who live in California.
The program will last until December 31, 2013 when the national health reform is set to begin.

Welcome to the California Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP)
Nothing to do with The Affordibale Healthcare Act("Obamacare") I'm glad she got help, but come on.
You Liberals are so easily fooled.

I'm going to go ahead and guess you didn't follow the link to California's PCIP that this commenter so helpfully provided. The one that starts off with:

As a result of the federal Affordable Care Act of 2010, California has a contract with the federal Department of Health and Human Services to establish a federally-funded high risk pool program to provide health coverage for eligible individuals. The program will last until December 31, 2013 when the national health reform is set to begin. After that date, there will no longer be a need for high risk pools because federal rules will not allow insurers to reject persons with pre-existing conditions or charge them higher rates than those without such conditions.

The federally-funded program is called the California Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP). The PCIP offers health coverage to medically-uninsurable individuals who live in California. The program is available for individuals who have not had health coverage in the last 6 months. The California PCIP is run by the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB).

You conservatives are so easily fooled. :lol:

For all of you who think that Medicare is a failure, I have a question for you:

Are you willing to reject Medicare coverage? Are you willing to finance your own medical care when you turn 65? Or are you going to bad mouth it for years, and THEN.....hold out your hand when it comes time for you to get the benefit?

You've paid into it. My generation is paying for it (though wise people my age are preparing NOT to have Medicare) HSA, etc...

Okay....so I'm not trying to be hateful here. If our gov't were to decide that Medicare just plain costs too much; what are your ideas for "fixing" it? (serious question) And you'll get no argument from most people that Medicare has problems. Part D, is a HUGE problem.

Some of it is shady business practices by physicians:

Doctor and Two Nurses Sentenced to Prison for Roles in $25 Million Miami Health Care Fraud Scheme | NEWS.GNOM.ES

Fraud statistics
(Not sure how accurate these numbers are, but this is huge, if it is accurate.)

'Obamacare' to the rescue
A woman who felt President Obama had let the middle class down has changed her mind.

Fortunately for me, I've been saved by the federal government's Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan, something I had never heard of before needing it. It's part of President Obama's healthcare plan, one of the things that has already kicked in, and it guarantees access to insurance for U.S. citizens with preexisting conditions who have been uninsured for at least six months. The application was short, the premiums are affordable, and I have found the people who work in the administration office to be quite compassionate (nothing like the people I have dealt with over the years at other insurance companies.) It's not perfect, of course, and it still leaves many people in need out in the cold. But it's a start, and for me it's been a lifesaver — perhaps literally.

Which brings me to my apology. I was pretty mad at Obama before I learned about this new insurance plan. I had changed my registration from Democrat to Independent, and I had blacked out the top of the "h" on my Obama bumper sticker, so that it read, "Got nope" instead of "got hope." I felt like he had let down the struggling middle class. My son and I had campaigned for him, but since he took office, we felt he had let us down.

So this is my public apology. I'm sorry I didn't do enough of my own research to find out what promises the president has made good on. I'm sorry I didn't realize that he really has stood up for me and my family, and for so many others like us. I'm getting a new bumper sticker to cover the one that says "Got nope." It will say "ObamaCares."
ObamaCare doesn't get implemented until 2014.

Another bullshit, planted story.

From the comments section of the story:
Nice try LA Times.The federally-funded program is called the California Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP). The PCIP offers health coverage to medically-uninsurable individuals who live in California.
The program will last until December 31, 2013 when the national health reform is set to begin.

Welcome to the California Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP)
Nothing to do with The Affordibale Healthcare Act("Obamacare") I'm glad she got help, but come on.
You Liberals are so easily fooled.

Nope. You're being fooled.

# Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan In Effect

Creates a temporary program to provide health coverage to individuals with pre-existing medical conditions who have been uninsured for at least six months. The plan will be operated by the states or the federal government.

Implementation: Enrollment into the federal plan began July 1, 2010; implementation dates for the state-operated plans vary

Implementation update: The federal government is operating PCIP programs in 23 states and the District of Columbia, while the remaining states are running their own programs. On July 30, HHS released interim rules for the PCIP programs. On November 5, 2010, HHS announced new plan options for 2011 that include lower premiums for the federally administered programs. As of March 2011, 18,000 individuals had enrolled in a PCIP program.

Learn more: Learn more about the PCIP plans in this FAQ and view the enrollment data for PCIP plans in all 50 states at Statehealthfacts.org.

Link: Implementation Timeline - Kaiser Health Reform

Obamacare began going into effect in 2010, when 26 of its provisions were implemented, including PCIP.

Forum List

Back