Mom with cancer: "I Want to Apologize to Obama"

This woman had been uninsured for at least six months & now we have to pay for her ass. Yea, this is going to have a happy ending for our country.

By Spike Dolomite Ward

December 6, 2011
I want to apologize to President Obama. But first, some background.

I found out three weeks ago I have cancer. I'm 49 years old, have been married for almost 20 years and have two kids. My husband has his own small computer business, and I run a small nonprofit in the San Fernando Valley. I am also an artist. Money is tight, and we don't spend it frivolously. We're just ordinary, middle-class people, making an honest living, raising great kids and participating in our community, the kids' schools and church.

We're good people, and we work hard. But we haven't been able to afford health insurance for more than two years. And now I have third-stage breast cancer and am facing months of expensive treatment.

Breast cancer, health insurance and an apology to President Obama - latimes.com

It's just an op ed. Thanks.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
She should have apologized to all the US citizens for selfishly not paying her insurance premium and taking our healthcare system for granted.

I bet she took vacations, has a big flat screen TV, new clothes & shoes with the money she refused to pay her healthcare premium with.

'Obamacare' to the rescue
A woman who felt President Obama had let the middle class down has changed her mind.

Fortunately for me, I've been saved by the federal government's Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan, something I had never heard of before needing it. It's part of President Obama's healthcare plan, one of the things that has already kicked in, and it guarantees access to insurance for U.S. citizens with preexisting conditions who have been uninsured for at least six months. The application was short, the premiums are affordable, and I have found the people who work in the administration office to be quite compassionate (nothing like the people I have dealt with over the years at other insurance companies.) It's not perfect, of course, and it still leaves many people in need out in the cold. But it's a start, and for me it's been a lifesaver — perhaps literally.

Which brings me to my apology. I was pretty mad at Obama before I learned about this new insurance plan. I had changed my registration from Democrat to Independent, and I had blacked out the top of the "h" on my Obama bumper sticker, so that it read, "Got nope" instead of "got hope." I felt like he had let down the struggling middle class. My son and I had campaigned for him, but since he took office, we felt he had let us down.

So this is my public apology. I'm sorry I didn't do enough of my own research to find out what promises the president has made good on. I'm sorry I didn't realize that he really has stood up for me and my family, and for so many others like us. I'm getting a new bumper sticker to cover the one that says "Got nope." It will say "ObamaCares."

please provide a link or i'll have to take it down

it's on page 1. Breast cancer, health insurance and an apology to President Obama - latimes.com

She should have apologized to all the US citizens for selfishly not paying her insurance premium and taking our healthcare system for granted.

I bet she took vacations, has a big flat screen TV, new clothes & shoes with the money she refused to pay her healthcare premium with.

You need to read the story: Breast cancer, health insurance and an apology to President Obama - latimes.com

I found out three weeks ago I have cancer. I'm 49 years old, have been married for almost 20 years and have two kids. My husband has his own small computer business, and I run a small nonprofit in the San Fernando Valley. I am also an artist. Money is tight, and we don't spend it frivolously. We're just ordinary, middle-class people, making an honest living, raising great kids and participating in our community, the kids' schools and church.

We're good people, and we work hard. But we haven't been able to afford health insurance for more than two years. And now I have third-stage breast cancer and am facing months of expensive treatment.

To understand how such a thing could happen to a family like ours, I need to take you back nine years to when my husband got laid off from the entertainment company where he'd worked for 10 years. Until then, we had been insured through his work, with a first-rate plan. After he got laid off, we got to keep that health insurance for 18 months through COBRA, by paying $1,300 a month, which was a huge burden on an unemployed father and his family.

You should stop assuming bad things can't happen to you, too.

Huh.. I hadn't realized Obamacare had actually kicked in on this...I thought he had just gave the insurance companies an okay to raise rates and give him some campaign pay-offs..

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but these LOVE stories about Obama make me gag..

The Guberment handled the Post Office so WELL. imagine..O---BAMACARE.

And..you don't like the Post Office?

I don't, they gave me a damn ticket for being parked within 10 feet of my own damn mailbox. Not to mention their services are pretty useless as far as I'm concerned.

Huh.. I hadn't realized Obamacare had actually kicked in...I thought he had just gave the insurance companies an okay to raise rates and give him some campaign pay-offs..

Works? my a$$.

As a member of the partially un-insured, I gotta tell you, I was counting on some way to get my wife insured. Ain't happened yet. Richest country in the in the history of the world, the number one super power in the world, home to the worlds richest pharmasuetical company in the world, the number one medical inovator in the world, the best medical research facilities in the world, and people can't get reduced cost medical care.

People have lived with or died from cancer as well as crossing the street for hundreds of years.

Praise the lord above for Obamas graciousness. Forever more this day shall be known as Obama Suck Ass Day!

Comical

Nice.
How many people are going to die when resources are rationed because Obama's policies impose huge costs on insurance companies. Too bad they can't write to newspapers telling Obama to go fuck himself because they can't get life saving care.

Ah so making shit up again.

That's what conservative heroine and Arizona governor Jan Brewer REALLY did.

But her approval ratings didn't fall unit she ousted the redistricting committee chair.

People kinda liked what she did in many ways.

Here is the difference.

There was no competition to the post office until private businesses stepped up.

Private business runs health care and is failing miserably and now Government has to step in, because private business isn't stepping up. Maybe government wouldn't have to step in if private business would let capitalism work.

Private business could not step in becasue of......ready....wait for it.....the government.

That's right.

This is just another case of the left needing justification for dragging the rest of us into their failed fantasies.

Why don't they leave us be and we can die quicker or however we like.

You think this post office thing has anything to do with OBama?

Are you dense or something?

Forum List

Back