Mom Memories

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I recall my Mom's laughter and stories, she had a knack for storytelling and would recall past experiences with both humor and life lessons..{sheesh ..Aesop Mom..:lol:}

My mother passed away not to long ago. when we were cleaning out my parents house we found a lot of old stuff that brought back a ton of memories. when I was cleaning out the drawers of her clothes I found all of the old outfits she used to wear when we were kids. talk about a memory rush.

My mother passed away not to long ago. when we were cleaning out my parents house we found a lot of old stuff that brought back a ton of memories. when I was cleaning out the drawers of her clothes I found all of the old outfits she used to wear when we were kids. talk about a memory rush.

Sorry there Spoonman

My Mom moved on over 34 years ago now but I'm still reminded of her pretty regularly. A laugh, a smell, an expression on my children's face.

Sorry there Spoonman

My Mom moved on over 34 years ago now but I'm still reminded of her pretty regularly. A laugh, a smell, an expression on my children's face.

yea, its funny how many things you normally wouldn't give a second thought, but when it sparks a memory you dwell on it for awhile

I recall lying to my Mom when I was around 6 years old, she took lying very seriously. Her punishment was simply not acknowledging my existence for what seemed like weeks. She didn't even set a dinner plate out, basically I was completely on my own.

Well, I learned my lesson.

Sorry there Spoonman

yea, its funny how many things you normally wouldn't give a second thought, but when it sparks a memory you dwell on it for awhile

Yup

I recall lying to my Mom when I was around 6 years old, she took lying very seriously. Her punishment was simply not acknowledging my existence for what seemed like weeks. She didn't even set a dinner plate out, basically I was completely on my own.

I remember I went to the bowling alley with my father. he was in a league. I heard some guy say its so damn hot in here. I had no idea what it meant. so one really hot day I was hanging out in the garage where it was cool. my mother told me to go outside and play. I said, no, its to damn hot. :eusa_whistle: well I got the old mouth washed out with soap treatment. lol

I remember I went to the bowling alley with my father. he was in a league. I heard some guy say its so damn hot in here. I had no idea what it meant. so one really hot day I was hanging out in the garage where it was cool. my mother told me to go outside and play. I said, no, its to damn hot. :eusa_whistle: well I got the old mouth washed out with soap treatment. lol

I recall getting the soap treatment but I can't recall what I said. It's kinda interesting to me even now that I feel I'm kinda letting Mom & Dad down when I use foul language.

Although, when I was a young adult both parents had some great jokes with plenty of foul language.

Two things my mom always told me that stuck...

"Wish in one hand and shit in the other...see which one gets filled faster"

This usually was precipitated by me seeing a toy on TV or in the store and saying "I wish I had one of those!"

Moral? If you want something, earn it...don't wait for, or expect someone to buy it for you.

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst....that way you're never disappointed. "

Moral? Self explanatory.

I recall getting the soap treatment but I can't recall what I said. It's kinda interesting to me even now that I feel I'm kinda letting Mom & Dad down when I use foul language.

Although, when I was a young adult both parents had some great jokes with plenty of foul language.

I was working in the garden yesterday and I pulled a 3 stooges. I stepped on a rake and it came up and wacked me in the head, lol its a good thing my mother wasn't around to hear me

Don't know why but the first thought that came to mind at reading the word's "Mom Memories" was my (non-athletic, mother of three boys) Ma as a proud member of the worst intramural Women's Church softball team in all of Oklahoma for a few years in the mid 80's while the family was stationed there.

Followed up by Mom bringing Kool-Aid pitchers and dixie cups for all the neighborhood kids playing (baseball,football,whatever) in the backyard. Some of those games required Mom the nurse for random kids or me too.

Forum List

Back