Mohamed Noor convicted in shooting of Justine Damond.

Pigs are pigs no matter their religion,color or nationality.
How leftist of you. Do you spit on them or urinate? Oh wait, you’re just another leftist coward hiding behind a mask

I read what seems to be available and MY IMPRESSION IS---
ain't enough detail------I think the cop is innocent (but not sure)
I read up on it when it happened. Blatant murder by the cop. She did nothing but call 911

Wonder if the Somalis are going to riot in Minneapolis.

based on what I know about Somalis----who ETHNICALLY speaking
are not much different from the people of the shariah shit hole
in which my own hubby was born-------they will probably blame
da KAFFIRIN and kill a few Christians and jews. REVENGE murder is a kinda "mitzvah" for muzzies over there. The "revenge" would be,
of course for the WRONGED COP------who had every right to murder
a KAFIRAH In sharia law the only penalty for a muzzie who murders
a kafirah is a small fine (if anything)

How leftist of you. Do you spit on them or urinate? Oh wait, you’re just another leftist coward hiding behind a mask

I read up on it when it happened. Blatant murder by the cop. She did nothing but call 911

the cop claimed that the woman PUNCHED the police car and that
scared him. ------It is ALSO POSSIBLE that she was out alone
and not wearing a HIJAB

the cop claimed that the woman PUNCHED the police car and that
scared him. ------It is ALSO POSSIBLE that she was out alone
and not wearing a HIJAB
She was an Aussie and unarmed.

upload_2019-5-1_6-15-24.png

CONVICTED --- , well Good . But does the conviction Match the crime . I don't know .
Good question.
Some are surprised at the third degree murder charge with the phrase..."evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life".
I expected manslaughter but didn't think a murder conviction would be delivered.https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/609.195

Remember 3rd degree murder in one jurisdiction can be the same as 1st or 2nd degree manslaughter in another.

It's all about how the law is written.

Being startled isn't a reason for deadly force. There was no reason to fear for his life and shooting across someone in a vehicle is pure negligent behavior and piss poor training.
Police chief lost her job and department had to change its camera policy.

Mohamed Noor guilty in Justine Ruszczyk's shooting death - CNN

the cop was not all that experienced-----it is very difficult to
JUDGE a cop out in the field
I wonder how many experienced applicants were passed over for this obvious PC hire.
Local news celebrated his hire as showing how wonderful and inclusive the city was.

Being startled isn't a reason for deadly force. There was no reason to fear for his life and shooting across someone in a vehicle is pure negligent behavior and piss poor training.

I wonder how many experienced applicants were passed over for this obvious PC hire.
Local news celebrated his hire as showing how wonderful and inclusive the city was.

The hiring officials who decided to select this incompetent should definitely be answering for this as well

The hiring officials who decided to select this incompetent should definitely be answering for this as well
Who is going to hold them to account, their bosses who feel the same way?

City of Minneapolis agrees to pay a $20 M settlement to the family

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Minneapolis-pay-20M-family-911-caller-slain-cop.html

May 3, 2019 - The City of Minneapolis agreed on Friday to pay $20million ($28million AUD) to the family of Justine Ruszczyk Damond who was fatally shot by a police officer when she approached his squad car after calling 911 to report a possible sexual assault. ... News of the settlement comes just ...

I think many cases like this are due to cowardice on the part of policemen who should never be policemen. They're afraid of their own shadows and have no dayum business in uniform. Police would do well to police their own and weed out those who don't belong like the weak, the cowardly and the corrupt among them.

This premise, that the police are simply not policing one of their own, operates on several assumptions, none of which are evident.

First, this presumes that “a vast majority of cops are honest and diligent and do not support corrupt police”. The problem is that this assumption is not supported by any evidence. In fact, it appears to be countered by evidence. In the Noor case, the Supervisor on scene turned off his body camera so that the discussions could not be recorded. It goes all the way to the most “elite” police forces in the nation, the FBI who regularly conduct interviews without cameras or recordings being utilized for the record. This technique of turning off the cameras or not having them present is so that nothing can interfere with the narrative being put forth.

Noor trial: Prosecution raps police supervisor who shut off bodycam

Moreover, the Supervisor, and other cops, refused to cooperate with the State Investigation into the shooting. So this Vast Majority of Good Cops who detest a bad cop, are somewhere out there, just not anywhere near any of the cases of abuse, brutality, and perjury we see all too often.

Second Assumption that is flawed. That the police are training people to do things differently, and the bad cops are not doing what they are trained to. That again, is not supported by evidence. It is interesting that the Prosecutors in these cases tend to bring in outside “experts” to discuss Police Training and Procedure. Yet the Defense brings in the Department’s own trainers and experts. The reason is often the training is non verbal.

Let me explain. During the training, the officer is told that he may have a fraction of a second to save his life, or the life of a fellow cop. You can’t wait until the bad guy fires, you have to beat them to the proverbial punch. The training is all about the quick draw and fire as you only have a split second to save your own life.

Look at the requirements to pass the FBI shooting qualification standard. How fast can you get the pistol out of the holster, and put the rounds in the target. It is all about the quick draw. Like some insane version of the Wild West Shootout that Hollywood loves to do. Only Clint Eastwood isn’t pulling the pistol and fanning several bad guys dead, unarmed people are dying because the cop was trained to shoot first, or die.

I could go on, but I think you get the point. It isn’t that the bad cops need to be weeded out, it is that the bad cops are a product of the system that needs reform from the ground to the very top. It is wrong on so many levels, I would even say pretty much every level.

I think many cases like this are due to cowardice on the part of policemen who should never be policemen. They're afraid of their own shadows and have no dayum business in uniform. Police would do well to police their own and weed out those who don't belong like the weak, the cowardly and the corrupt among them.

This premise, that the police are simply not policing one of their own, operates on several assumptions, none of which are evident.

First, this presumes that “a vast majority of cops are honest and diligent and do not support corrupt police”. The problem is that this assumption is not supported by any evidence. In fact, it appears to be countered by evidence. In the Noor case, the Supervisor on scene turned off his body camera so that the discussions could not be recorded. It goes all the way to the most “elite” police forces in the nation, the FBI who regularly conduct interviews without cameras or recordings being utilized for the record. This technique of turning off the cameras or not having them present is so that nothing can interfere with the narrative being put forth.

Moreover, the Supervisor, and other cops, refused to cooperate with the State Investigation into the shooting. So this Vast Majority of Good Cops who detest a bad cop, are somewhere out there, just not anywhere near any of the cases of abuse, brutality, and perjury we see all too often.

Second Assumption that is flawed. That the police are training people to do things differently, and the bad cops are not doing what they are trained to. That again, is not supported by evidence. It is interesting that the Prosecutors in these cases tend to bring in outside “experts” to discuss Police Training and Procedure. Yet the Defense brings in the Department’s own trainers and experts. The reason is often the training is non verbal.

Let me explain. During the training, the officer is told that he may have a fraction of a second to save his life, or the life of a fellow cop. You can’t wait until the bad guy fires, you have to beat them to the proverbial punch. The training is all about the quick draw and fire as you only have a split second to save your own life.

Look at the requirements to pass the FBI shooting qualification standard. How fast can you get the pistol out of the holster, and put the rounds in the target. It is all about the quick draw. Like some insane version of the Wild West Shootout that Hollywood loves to do. Only Clint Eastwood isn’t pulling the pistol and fanning several bad guys dead, unarmed people are dying because the cop was trained to shoot first, or die.

I could go on, but I think you get the point. It isn’t that the bad cops need to be weeded out, it is that the bad cops are a product of the system that needs reform from the ground to the very top. It is wrong on so many levels, I would even say pretty much every level.

Mpls. changed it's body camera policy after the shooting requiring officers to have them on when sent to a call.
During the trial the police chief stated he fully expected the officers to have their cameras on...
Noor Trial: Mpls. Police Chief says body cams should have been on

There is a dispute also regarding "warrior training" with the mayor banning it and the police union defying the mayor and offering training through the union.
Minneapolis police officers now banned from 'warrior-style' training
Mpls. Mayor, Police Union Head Continue ‘Warrior’ Training Spat

Police officers are required by their job to pack heat at all times, and to shoot people when the situation calls for it. Each week, cops are expected to report to their superiors in writing explaining the reasons why they shot each of their victims.

I don't know why people are outraged that shootings occur against African American youths. Are these youngsters of color so blameless that it is an outrage that they should be getting shot too'/

Another story of a cop shooting.

Cops shoot people, its just part of their job.

If someone is a burger flipper, do we analyze every time they determined that a burger needs flipped? Of course not, we just take their judgment for granted. When we armed them with the spatula, we granted them the authority to determine when the burger needed to be flipped and the right to do it when needed. Ditto with police officers, except that firearms are their tools instead of spatulas

If someone is a burger flipper, do we analyze every time they determined that a burger needs flipped? Of course not, we just take their judgment for granted. When we armed them with the spatula, we granted them the authority to determine when the burger needed to be flipped and the right to do it when needed. Ditto with police officers, except that firearms are their tools instead of spatulas
You are incoherent. Whether the cop's name was Mohammed Noor or John Smith, his actions were wrong and he killed an innocent person.

You are incoherent. Whether the cop's name was Mohammed Noor or John Smith, his actions were wrong and he killed an innocent person.

Fair enough. But a lot of people make mistakes on their jobs and police are no different. Should we imprison a surgeon for accidentally killing someone? Surgeons lose people on the table all the time, its just another day at the office. Same with this.

Mistakes get made all the time in all fields, that's what pencils have erasers.

Thanks for you post. I have two question for your:

1) Why, before Noor shot Diamond was his partner frantically and suddenly trying to pull his gun out of his holster?

2) At the time of this shooting, wasn't this also during the "Black Lives Matter" craze when cops were getting ambushed and do you think this affected the behavior of the officers?

Forum List

Back