Mods: Will the "no gloating" rule be in effect on Wednesday?

You are side stepping my point. Not looking for an argument Dis. Just suggesting gloating and taking a loss hard are typical in the political world. Not sure what the purpose is of creating an artifical environment here.

Creating an artificial environment? It's ALREADY Dodge City. Nothing artificial about it.

No if you want to talk about some sore losers .... how about midterms 2006 when Congress rolled over to the left and/or the 2008 Presidential election? I saw some sore losers on the right who I could SWEAR talked for 6 months about not voting at all. No one to blame for those losses but themselves.

Same goes now.

The bigger point is, we spend to much time changing diapers of petty little personal slights as it is. I don't need 200 new threads saying "Nyah Nyah .. I told You So".[/QUOTE]

o come now...you can say it in just one thread.....

Try going back and reading my first posts. Nobody's won anything here. Except the career politicians and career politician wannabe's.

Who's being a sore loser?

You are side stepping my point. Not looking for an argument Dis. Just suggesting gloating and taking a loss hard are typical in the political world. Not sure what the purpose is of creating an artifical environment here.

Creating an artificial environment? It's ALREADY Dodge City. Nothing artificial about it.

No if you want to talk about some sore losers .... how about midterms 2006 when Congress rolled over to the left and/or the 2008 Presidential election? I saw some sore losers on the right who I could SWEAR talked for 6 months about not voting at all. No one to blame for those losses but themselves.

Same goes now.

The bigger point is, we spend to much time changing diapers of petty little personal slights as it is. I don't need 200 new threads saying "Nyah Nyah .. I told You So".

Thanks for responding Gunny.

I'm seeing far too many threads censored due to a few folks that aren't getting your message. The Malkin thread is a good example of a discussion now ended because someone got off track. That person is a repeat offender in the last two days. It seems more appropriate to give them a timeout than ruin some good discussion.

Bottomline, it is a decision to censor threads for gloating. Gloating seems to be a somewhat varying definition. It is censorship. That needs to be a last line of defense not the lead.

Same goes now.

The bigger point is, we spend to much time changing diapers of petty little personal slights as it is. I don't need 200 new threads saying "Nyah Nyah .. I told You So".

I'm seeing far too many threads censored due to a few folks that aren't getting your message. The Malkin thread is a good example of a discussion now ended because someone got off track. That person is a repeat offender in the last two days. It seems more appropriate to give them a timeout than ruin some good discussion.

Bottomline, it is a decision to censor threads for gloating. Gloating seems to be a somewhat varying definition. It is censorship. That needs to be a last line of defense not the lead.

I have 10 moderators. I have approximately 3000+posts a day. We can't get to every one.

Don't try to play semantics with me. You can call ANY rule censorship. Fact is, the inmates ain't going to run this asylum. Now when you want to stack yourself up against the 5 years I spent in journalism and KNOW how to play word games when it suits me, knock yourself out.

The fact is, we go for the happy medium here. That means some rules work your way, some don't but I'm going for the big picture.

If you want a board that swings one way or the other, PM me and I will give you some links.

I'm not sidestepping anything - I'm asking what you're referring to..

If you're referring to me locking gloating threads, it's what I'm here to do.

If you think that by doing such I'M being a sore loser, MY party won so that doesn't wash...

Your taking this personal and its not.

My point is: If there is a no gloating rule in effect (which I presume is to keep the peace).................then there should be a no sore loser rule in effect as well. If not, then you are allowing the liberals here free rein to take pot shots at conservatives and peace is not preserved. I would call it a fair and balanced approach.

It is just a suggestion. Your job is tough enough, I'm sorry if you are offended by this.

She is not taking it personally. She's doing what I instructed her and the rest of the staff to do.

I actually laughed out loud at the idea of you 'instructing' Dis to do anything. :lol: Is that how she broke her foot? Kickin' your ass? :lol: Cuz we know you're a hard ass.

Same goes now.

I have 10 moderators. I have approximately 3000+posts a day. We can't get to every one.

Don't try to play semantics with me. You can call ANY rule censorship. Fact is, the inmates ain't going to run this asylum. Now when you want to stack yourself up against the 5 years I spent in journalism and KNOW how to play word games when it suits me, knock yourself out.

The fact is, we go for the happy medium here. That means some rules work your way, some don't but I'm going for the big picture.

If you want a board that swings one way or the other, PM me and I will give you some links.

It isn't semantics its the lack of balance with the no sore loser rule being added.

What is it, if not censorship, when you normally don't have a rule, but institute it for a brief period?

Are you suggesting I leave?

Last edited:

It isn't semantics its the lack of balance with the no sore loser rule being added.

I think he's merely suggesting that if you're that dissatisfied with the way things are here, there are other boards that would probably be more to your liking...

I don't see what's so hard with the rule.

If a lib is being a sore looser, ignore them or tell them to fuck off.

...don't have to gloat.

I think he's merely suggesting that if you're that dissatisfied with the way things are here, there are other boards that would probably be more to your liking...

I merely suggested a different approach to your issue. I called you on censorship. Not planning on going anywhere, of course, that isn't entirely up to me.

Is that 'suggesting' or 'suggesting', in a sort of 'get off my board' sort of way?

*Considers herself grateful that she is not Dis or Pix, constantly having to deal with we whining, childish, bickering, tricky little bastards. :lol:

Really?

Is it this big of a deal?

3 options:

1. Ask Gunny to become a mod/admin so you can enforce the rules that fall in the "grey zone" (like the no gloating rule)

2. Go to another board.

3. Accept it and move on. Stop trying to nitpick something thats not really an issue outside of approximately 72 hours every 2 years.

Really?

3 options:

1. Ask Gunny to become a mod/admin so you can enforce the rules that fall in the "grey zone" (like the no gloating rule)

2. Go to another board.

3. Accept it and move on. Stop trying to nitpick something thats not really an issue outside of approximately 72 hours every 2 years.

Mods are volunteers? I thought they were handpicked by the Gods! :eek:

Really?

3 options:

2. Go to another board.

Pretty sure they are picked by Gunny.

Really?

3 options:

2. Go to another board.

Well, considering I am favored by the gods (including the Aqua Buddha), and I am not a mod, I'm gonna have to go with volunteers :lol::cool:

Really?

3 options:

2. Go to another board.

I'm pretty sure Gunny comes from a place a little further south from where traditional gods lie.

:lol::lol:

Really?

3 options:

2. Go to another board.

Same thing around here. Except Gunny is not plural. I'm opting for #3.

This is one reason why USMB is where I spend 99% of my forum time.

Same here.

It was the first result when I Googled "political message board".

So obviously the admins are doing something right. :D

Forum List

Back