Moderates Bush, Christie Pulling Away in Polls

Only a moderate Republican is capable of winning

You mean this time... Because it didn't work just 2 years ago, nor 4 year prior to that....

Oh, and...

Your sig only shows how limited your understanding of ownership really is. I like my sig of what you said better, it demonstrates the epic failure of bureaucracy while simultaneously displaying true greed and arrogance.

Ronald Reagan - "an extremist" ??

Yeah, OK.

"It is indisputable that Reagan was vastly more moderate, at least in terms of how he actually governed, than today’s GOP. At the risk of being pedantic, here is a partial list of Reagan’s actions that would have him expelled for treason to conservative principles if he were running for president today.

• As a Hollywood actor, Reagan had been the head of a labor union, the Screen Actors Guild, and was proud of the higher pay and benefits he negotiated for his members. As president, he praised labor unions, saying, “Collective bargaining…has played a major role in America's economic miracle. Unions represent some of the freest institutions in this land. There are few finer examples of participatory democracy to be found anywhere.”

• Franklin D. Roosevelt was Reagan’s political hero and he voted for him for president 4 times. As president, he said, “F. D. R. was an American giant, a leader who shaped, inspired, and led our people through perilous times.”

• As governor of California, Reagan signed into law the largest state tax increase in history up to that time. It increased California taxes by a third, including an increase in the top income tax rate. There were other tax increases as well, which raised the top rate to 11 percent from 7 percent when he took office, a 57 percent increase.

• Also as governor, Reagan signed into law California’s first law permitting legal abortion – at the behest of his two most conservative advisers, Ed Meese and Lyn Nofziger. On other social issues as well, Gov. Reagan was far more progressive than his image. For example, he authorized conjugal visits for prisoners for the first time in the state and broadened environmental protection."

- See more at: Why Ronald Reagan Would Not Lead Today s GOP The Fiscal Times

Why Ronald Reagan Would Not Lead Today s GOP The Fiscal Times

Opinion are like liberals...MOST have or are :ahole-1:

Yeah, OK.

"It is indisputable that Reagan was vastly more moderate, at least in terms of how he actually governed, than today’s GOP. At the risk of being pedantic, here is a partial list of Reagan’s actions that would have him expelled for treason to conservative principles if he were running for president today.

• As a Hollywood actor, Reagan had been the head of a labor union, the Screen Actors Guild, and was proud of the higher pay and benefits he negotiated for his members. As president, he praised labor unions, saying, “Collective bargaining…has played a major role in America's economic miracle. Unions represent some of the freest institutions in this land. There are few finer examples of participatory democracy to be found anywhere.”

• Franklin D. Roosevelt was Reagan’s political hero and he voted for him for president 4 times. As president, he said, “F. D. R. was an American giant, a leader who shaped, inspired, and led our people through perilous times.”

• As governor of California, Reagan signed into law the largest state tax increase in history up to that time. It increased California taxes by a third, including an increase in the top income tax rate. There were other tax increases as well, which raised the top rate to 11 percent from 7 percent when he took office, a 57 percent increase.

• Also as governor, Reagan signed into law California’s first law permitting legal abortion – at the behest of his two most conservative advisers, Ed Meese and Lyn Nofziger. On other social issues as well, Gov. Reagan was far more progressive than his image. For example, he authorized conjugal visits for prisoners for the first time in the state and broadened environmental protection."

Opinion are like liberals...MOST have or are :ahole-1:

cave man post are like wingnuts ... most have or are stupid

Yeah, OK.

See unlike you I actually not only remember Reaganbut voted for him.
In truth the media scoffed at Reagan, thought he was a cowboy who would get the country into nuclear war with Russia. They thought he was way too conservative to win.
He won.
Twice
By enormous margins.

I voted for Reagan twice - are you EVER going to get tired of making up shit about people and then arguing with what you made up.

It really makes you look silly.

You mean this time... Because it didn't work just 2 years ago, nor 4 year prior to that....

Oh, and...

Your sig only shows how limited your understanding of ownership really is. I like my sig of what you said better, it demonstrates the epic failure of bureaucracy while simultaneously displaying true greed and arrogance.

what part of CAPABLE confuses you ? .. nothing indicates a sure win. ... problem with understanding ?

apparently.

Do you guys ever get tired of trying to invent a person to argue with rather than just argue with the real person?
I've voted in eight presidential elections in my life. Four Republicans, two Democrats and two Libertarians.
So, can we talk issues rather than your fantasies about who you are conversing with or is that beyond your capabilities?

January of 2007 and Rudy Guilliani was leading the polls. January of 2011 and Rick Perry was the GOP presumptive nominee in polling.

Just wait. The loony faction has yet to be heard. Give 'em time and enough rope and before you know it, Presto! Chango! and someone like John Kaschich will be leading the polls. Or Li'l Ricky Santorum, or Michelle Bachmann, or Sarah Palin, or John Thune.

Sweating out polling 22 months before Election Day is a fool's game.

R's are getting a jump on this election. They're sticking their retards out early ---- jeb and christie.

Who do you think would have a better chance than Jeb and Christie and why?

the closer to center for the RW candidates the more independent/moderate votes they get. I mean seriously, who wants some crazy dweeb running the country other than other crazy dweebs? Sorry all you RINO hater dupes, it is what it is, and you're not it.

Every single time we followed that "logic" we have lost. It's a loser plan.

Oh, and...

Lets be perfectly clear that no Libertarian is capable of winning. Even a rebranded Rand Paul

In 2012 and 2008, Conservative Republicans were not even capable of winning primaries within their own party. How are they going to win a national election?

Oh..and still waiting for your wife to contact me

the closer to center for the RW candidates the more independent/moderate votes they get. I mean seriously, who wants some crazy dweeb running the country other than other crazy dweebs? Sorry all you RINO hater dupes, it is what it is, and you're not it.

Every time you have failed to get at least 45% of the moderate vote - you lost. Period. That's an historic FACT.

Every time you have failed to get at least 45% of the moderate vote - you lost. Period. That's an historic FACT.

Ronald Reagan and George Bush win the moderate vote and would be concidered Tea Party candidates by today's standard. Moderate republicans never win.

Ronald Reagan and George Bush win the moderate vote and would be concidered Tea Party candidates by today's standard. Moderate republicans never win.
Teatards would be going nuts over Reagan raising taxes, his deficits and amnesty.

If the ideological purge of the Republican party is thorough, the 2016 nominee should reflect the outlook of the victors. That nominee should be a reactionary of the first order. Incapable of forming the word 'compromise' in his mouth. Unyielding in his zeal to roll back reforms and regulations and taxes on the rich. He should be ready, willing and able to send American troops into every fray he sees as a real threat to American interests at home and abroad. He should do everything in his power to repress the freedoms and rights of any group of Americans he sees as unworthy of freedom and rights. Groups like Muslims, homosexuals, immigrants and the poor.

Nominate such a man. Assure us of his bona fides as White, male and American born. Send us such a man to vote for as President of the United States of America.

And when the results are in, and the Democrat landslide is complete, sit down and shut up because every right thinking American will run screaming away from such a candidate.

Wow! That's an impressive strawman you've built. Have fun beating it up and crowing about your prowess.

Oh, and...

what part of CAPABLE confuses you ? .. nothing indicates a sure win. ... problem with understanding ?

apparently.

He got it wrong both times before, just saying you have better odds betting against what RW says. And he said ONLY capable.

Forum List

Back