Model Minority Stereotype

I don't know that I've ever heard Asians called "the model minority."

Who is acting "smug"? Asians on this site, Asians in the US?

Well I did not make that video Montrovant so don't try arguing with me about what you don't think is so. And I'm referring to the Asians here at USMB along with the whites who pump up the stereotype. I know way too many Asians who don't act like these guys.

Are there many Asians posting on USMB? Do many of those make "smug" posts about Asians being the "model minority"?

No, you didn't make the video, but you made it into a thread. :dunno:

Never heard Asian models are called the model minority....someone must be trying for another wedge issue

Sure you haven't liar. I'm not the one who made this video. The narrator is a person of Asian descent

The question is why does the radical left (most democrats) call Asians the model minority?

LOL, we have thousands of racist posts by republicans here and this fool asks this question like it's going to be taken seriously.

This is an Asian......

maxresdefault.jpg

This too...

eb0468c688fd9af0ffc653ddbbf74b04.jpg

And so tell us what we don't know one time.

It's time this died too. I'm tired if these Asians here acting smug while they do the racists bidding for them. If they get what they want happens your just as out as we are.

Why Do We Call Asian Americans The Model Minority?

They are hard workers who make sure their children are well educated. I don't know why that's hard to understand.

• Blacks are cool - Asians are nerdy.
  • Blacks good at sports - Asian bad at sports
  • Blacks are violent - Asians are peacful
  • Black dudes have big dicks - Asian dudes have little ones
  • Black women have an attitude - Asian women are submissive.
  • Blacks are lazy - Asians are hard working.
  • Blacks have a low IQ - Asians have a high one.
  • I don't know anything about black dicks or Asian for that matter, but the rest is true enough

I don't know that I've ever heard Asians called "the model mi
nority."

Well I did not make that video Montrovant so don't try arguing with me about what you don't think is so. And I'm referring to the Asians here at USMB along with the whites who pump up the stereotype. I know way too many Asians who don't act like these guys.
Asians graduate at higher rates--fact
Asians commit less crime per capita--fact
blacks low graduation rate-high criminal rate
Asians high graduation rate-low criminal rate
not stereotype--but fact
no pumping--fact
figure-coi-2.png

crime by race
Table 43

Are there many Asians posting on USMB? Do many of those make "smug" posts about Asians being the "model minority"?

Yep I sure did and so you go talk poliical chic and dontazmebro and ask them the questions. The posts they make are smug and arrogant because they believe this stereotype because racist whites are in here talking about how Asians have made it all the time. This is how the model minority myth was created. It is a well known meme and the people who made this video are Asians so maybe you choose to watch the video first? Because when you do, you understand that most Asians do not like how whites use them in this racially divisive ploy. Even further you watch how this meme is repeated by whites and don't ask silly questions about Asians making the posts when here at USMB whites are the main ones pushing this stereotype.

• I don't know anything about black dicks or Asian for that matter, but the rest is true enough

Actually its not true but you are an example of how this lie is perpetrated

Actually its not true but you are an example of how this lie is perpetrated
Yeah, I've always been in awe of the throngs of Asian football and basketball players and the number of black geniuses.

Yeah, I've always been in awe of the throngs of Asian football and basketball players and the number of black geniuses.
Well I can't compete with you white man. All that superior white high IQ running through your white blood. I can't even compete.

Well I can't compete with you white man. All that superior white high IQ running through your white blood. I can't even compete.
Whites have superior IQs to some (who shall remain nameless too add to the mystery), but not to East Asians. But you're right, you cannot compete.

..seems like the OP is crying and whining that the Asians are smarter/etc
..I am white and I admire the Asians...I think their cultures are superior--generally speaking
..I'm not afraid nor do I cry about it ..and I don't deny the facts
..IMO the Asian females are better looking/etc--...they are less obese

In U.S., Blacks Most Likely to Be Very Obese, Asians Least

Obesity-by-Race-Ethnic.gif

Yep I sure did and so you go talk poliical chic and dontazmebro and ask them the questions. The posts they make are smug and arrogant because they believe this stereotype because racist whites are in here talking about how Asians have made it all the time. This is how the model minority myth was created. It is a well known meme and the people who made this video are Asians so maybe you choose to watch the video first? Because when you do, you understand that most Asians do not like how whites use them in this racially divisive ploy. Even further you watch how this meme is repeated by whites and don't ask silly questions about Asians making the posts when here at USMB whites are the main ones pushing this stereotype.

So those 2 Asian posters are smug about Asians being superior? Got it. I don't think I've seen it from either of them (and PC has certainly been smug in her posting on many, many occasions :p), of course, but I'll assume you are correct for the sake of argument. Maybe it is a "well known meme," that doesn't mean I've ever heard it before.

That Asians made the video is pretty much meaningless to my point. I'm virtually certain that I don't know any of the Asians who made the video, so it doesn't make it any more likely that I'd have heard the phrase used. I also doubt that "most Asians" made the video, so claiming that watching the video shows that "most Asians do not like how whites use them in this racially divisive ploy" seems like a pretty big extrapolation from a very small sample. And again, perhaps that is true. Still doesn't have any effect on my point, as no Asians I know or have met have ever used that phrase that I recall.

I have seen whites (assumed, since this is a message board and I cannot, of course, be certain) on this board discuss Asians having superior IQ, work ethic, etc. I'm pretty sure I've heard that sort of talk, as well. Again, it's never been Asians described as "the model minority," but the idea of Asian superiority in certain areas is certainly one I am familiar with. It's been repeated in this thread, obviously.

I doubt the two Asians you've described as being "smug" care particularly that you want that smugness to end. I'm sure there are posters who would like your perceived smugness, or some other characteristic, to end; do you plan to change anything because some other posters doesn't like the way you present yourself? :)

So those 2 Asian posters are smug about Asians being superior? Got it. I don't think I've seen it from either of them (and PC has certainly been smug in her posting on many, many occasions :p), of course, but I'll assume you are correct for the sake of argument. Maybe it is a "well known meme," that doesn't mean I've ever heard it before.

That Asians made the video is pretty much meaningless to my point. I'm virtually certain that I don't know any of the Asians who made the video, so it doesn't make it any more likely that I'd have heard the phrase used. I also doubt that "most Asians" made the video, so claiming that watching the video shows that "most Asians do not like how whites use them in this racially divisive ploy" seems like a pretty big extrapolation from a very small sample. And again, perhaps that is true. Still doesn't have any effect on my point, as no Asians I know or have met have ever used that phrase that I recall.

I have seen whites (assumed, since this is a message board and I cannot, of course, be certain) on this board discuss Asians having superior IQ, work ethic, etc. I'm pretty sure I've heard that sort of talk, as well. Again, it's never been Asians described as "the model minority," but the idea of Asian superiority in certain areas is certainly one I am familiar with. It's been repeated in this thread, obviously.

I doubt the two Asians you've described as being "smug" care particularly that you want that smugness to end. I'm sure there are posters who would like your perceived smugness, or some other characteristic, to end; do you plan to change anything because some other posters doesn't like the way you present yourself? :)
in other words, IM2 is a racist
he proves it with his own words/OP

It's time this died too. I'm tired if these Asians here acting smug while they do the racists bidding for them. If they get what they want happens your just as out as we are.

Why Do We Call Asian Americans The Model Minority?

Have you also noticed that it's rarely Asian people who run around bragging about how great they doing ?

And have you noticed the way white supremacists play Asians and blacks off as total opposites
And then they (the white supremacists) put themselves in the middle as "just right"

You must be a liberal with all that stereotype, welcome.

Whites have superior IQs to some (who shall remain nameless too add to the mystery), but not to East Asians. But you're right, you cannot compete.
I can't compete with you white man. Your the man dude.

But what I want to know from guys like you running around trying to prove how stupid black people are is - What do you do to a race of black people who you claim are intellectually inferior ?

If you all you want is a "My white gang is smarter than your black gang"

Then call me stupid all day. I don't give a crap about that

But let's get to the doing part.

All I want to know from guys like you running around trying to prove how stupid black people are is - What do you do to a race of black people who you claim are intellectually inferior ?

If you all you want is a "My white gang is smarter than your black gang"

Then call me stupid all day. I don't give a crap about that

But let's get to the doing part.
I get the part of calling you stupid all day long, but there's no sport in that. The rest of your post is lost on me.

Forum List

Back