Are Indians Caucasian?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
Indians are a blend of Caucasoid and Australoid some are largely caucasian and some are largely australoid, But if we go by simple skull grouping and such like physical anthropology many indians are caucasian and some are not. Southeast asians are also partly malayan and negrito etc. but they are counted as "asian" (mongoloid) so I think that also many indians can be counted as caucasian right?

Caucasian race - Wikipedia

Meyers_b11_s0476a.jpg

No. Some are Indo-Aryan, many are South Asian. It's a big country...lots of groups but not Caucasian,

In the USA the word caucasian means white european descednt but in anthropology it is one of 3 or 4 major races or sub-species and many indians are caucasian. read the link.

No. Some are Indo-Aryan, many are South Asian. It's a big country...lots of groups but not Caucasian,

In the USA the word caucasian means white european descednt but in anthropology it is one of 3 or 4 major races or sub-species and many indians are caucasian. read the link.
Well in SCIENCE Northern Europeans (Whites) are genetically distinct from Caucasians (Different Haplogroups). Whites are not Caucasian and Indians are neither. Though many of the predecessors of both may have originated from the same place (near east and N India regions).
Stop referring to 19th century maps and historical references as your science guide. They have genome maps now...welcome to the 21st century.

I view all people as one human race.

I see no purpose in drawing distinctions nor do I see enough differences to validate the need to divide us.

https://www.quora.com/If-mitochondr...since-we-all-descended-from-a-common-ancestor

Mitochondrial DNA changes over time as does all DNA. We do all descend from one human mitochondrial line, the L haplogroup. The estimates of rates of mutation in human mtDNA make for a sort of clock to guess how long ago that group of women with the same mtDNA lived. The latest research suggests about 100,000 to 200,000 years ago, probably 177,000 years.

Indians are a blend of Caucasoid and Australoid some are largely caucasian and some are largely australoid, But if we go by simple skull grouping and such like physical anthropology many indians are caucasian and some are not. Southeast asians are also partly malayan and negrito etc. but they are counted as "asian" (mongoloid) so I think that also many indians can be counted as caucasian right?

Meyers_b11_s0476a.jpg
Nope. We would not be considered Caucasian. If we were, the United States Government would not have tried to eliminate us.

Well in SCIENCE Northern Europeans (Whites) are genetically distinct from Caucasians (Different Haplogroups). Whites are not Caucasian and Indians are neither. Though many of the predecessors of both may have originated from the same place (near east and N India regions).
Stop referring to 19th century maps and historical references as your science guide. They have genome maps now...welcome to the 21st century.
I can't seem to find a white race though...

Meyers_b11_s0476a.jpg

Why would anyone care?

You think cows are bulls ffs!

Well...call it what you want. Western Europeans are genetically distinct from Caucasians.

Meyers_b11_s0476a.jpg
With all that the modern insane-back-pedalists have made clear, them injuns can identify as what ever race they choose.

Meyers_b11_s0476a.jpg
Its had to say they are the Other just like me.

I see no purpose in drawing distinctions nor do I see enough differences to validate the need to divide us.

https://www.quora.com/If-mitochondr...since-we-all-descended-from-a-common-ancestor

Mitochondrial DNA changes over time as does all DNA. We do all descend from one human mitochondrial line, the L haplogroup. The estimates of rates of mutation in human mtDNA make for a sort of clock to guess how long ago that group of women with the same mtDNA lived. The latest research suggests about 100,000 to 200,000 years ago, probably 177,000 years.

There's obviously deep disparities between Human races in phenotype, genotype, height, intelligence, disease resistance, and many other things,

How are these of no importance, exactly?

There's obviously deep disparities between Human races in phenotype, genotype, height, intelligence, disease resistance, and many other things,

How are these of no importance, exactly?

Actually there are rather minor disparities between the races. Which is why we have no trouble having babies with any race.

And again- why the hell does anyone care?

Forum List

Back