Mitt's politicizing tragedy backfires

Romney "broke with a tradition of unity around national tragedies". And he did it on 9-11. Of all days.

Frankly, I wouldn't have believed it except for the fact that all the recent historical trend lines have been pointing to something like this happening...eventually. Sooner or later. Considering all the bombast and rhetorical overreach for ratings on talk radio, and cable news shows, and the Internet in recent years. And considering all the red meat hyperbole that's thrown to ravenous RW audiences of political junkie sharks who just can't seem to get enough metaphorical blood in the partisan waters, it was only a question of time until a GOP nominee followed the trail previously paved by his conservative challengers who were famous for this kind of tactic on domestic issues yet eventually came up short in their separate runs for the nomination.

Sadly, it seems that for the people who talk incessantly about "values," and honoring longstanding values, nothing is really sacred. Not really. Everything is a means to an end.

This reminds me of the famous words of a man whose name is mostly forgotten in American history. His name was Joseph N. Welch. Welch voiced these words at the now (in)famous Army-McCarthy hearings in 1954.
"Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?"
The answer to that question is a resounding NO!

Last edited:
Romney "broke with a tradition of unity around national tragedies". And he did it on 9-11. Of all days.

Frankly, I wouldn't have believed it except for the fact that all the recent historical trend lines have been pointing to something like this happening...eventually. Sooner or later. Considering all the bombast and rhetorical overreach for ratings on talk radio, and cable news shows, and the Internet in recent years. And considering all the red meat hyperbole that's thrown to a ravenous RW audiences of political junkie sharks who just can't seem to get enough metaphorical blood in the partisan waters, it was only a question of time until a GOP nominee followed the trail previously paved by his conservative challengers who were famous for this kind of tactic on domestic issues yet eventually came up short in their separate runs for the nomination.

Sadly, it seems that for the people who talk incessantly about "values," and honoring longstanding values, nothing is really sacred. Not really. Everything is a means to an end.

This reminds me of the famous words of a man whose name is mostly forgotten in American history. His name was Joseph N. Welch. Welch voiced these words at the now (in)famous Army-McCarthy hearings in 1954.
"Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?"
The answer to that question is a resounding NO!
Unity? He fucking flat out lied.

SnapperFail said:
What did 'Mission Accomplished' mean, pussylips?

Which word don't you understand? Mission or Accomplished? :dunno:

I don't understand either of them.

Why didn't you say so. I'm a reasonable guy, here you go:

Mission: a specific task with which a person or a group is charged

Accomplished: established beyond doubt or dispute

Source

Let me know if you have any other remedial education needs, I have a soft spot for retards.

Hate crimes are often notable for their inconsistencies in remarks. In the riot-sparking clip, the satire is of a womanizing gay(?), who is also a pedophile. The object of scorn is some latter-day-sainted-cult version of a Jesus, called Mohammed--of some creature(?) Allah!

Famous Florida Rev. Terry Jones understands about Romney's GOP-as-usual, understanding of these matters.

The rational GOP response will be to burn as many Korans as can be found(?)! And guess who gets to deliver the comments, from Department of State! Huckabee, even, does not immediately come to mind, when directing our thoughts and prayers to Romney-Ryan, doing Foreign Policy, in the Middle East!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Some Jew's idea of a joke might also be to follow along Pontius Pilate, allowing Jeruselem to participate in the Killing of Jesus, like in a stoning(?)! They would mask it, saying, "Give Us Barrabas!' Holy Father's, even used to appreciate,, and understand, these kinds of jokes(?)!)

What Romney has done will take a day or two to sink for most voters. Then a good many of them are going to see how inappropriate his response was, and it will tell on November 6th.

Dont hold your breath dummy......

On 2nd thought, go ahead.

I agree. NOT with you calling Old Rocks a "dummy" but that rw's really don't care that Mittens is a blundering boob who makes Bush look like a sober and drug free leader. Mittens is not qualified on domestic issues and is a complete disaster in other countries.

My gawd, he couldn't even get through the Olympics without insulting every country he visited. He's a mess. The left knows it and the right knows it.

Difference is, the right doesn't care because they hate the black guy in Lincoln's bedroom a hell of a lot more than they love their own country or even their own family's future.

SSDD

Hate crimes are often notable for their inconsistencies in remarks. In the riot-sparking clip, the satire is of a womanizing gay(?), who is also a pedophile. The object of scorn is some latter-day-sainted-cult version of a Jesus, called Mohammed--of some creature(?) Allah!

Famous Florida Rev. Terry Jones understands about Romney's GOP-as-usual, understanding of these matters.

The rational GOP response will be to burn as many Korans as can be found(?)! And guess who gets to deliver the comments, from Department of State! Huckabee, even, does not immediately come to mind, when directing our thoughts and prayers to Romney-Ryan, doing Foreign Policy, in the Middle East!

(Some Jew's idea of a joke might also be to follow along Pontius Pilate, allowing Jeruselem to participate in the Killing of Jesus, like in a stoning(?)! They would mask it, saying, "Give Us Barrabas!' Holy Father's, even used to appreciate,, and understand, these kinds of jokes(?)!)

:banghead:

If Pilate was running for office this year he would have bumper stickers and campaign themes of 'I killed Jesus - and GM is alive!"

Bush_codpiece_debbc.jpg
:clap2:

What Romney has done will take a day or two to sink for most voters. Then a good many of them are going to see how inappropriate his response was, and it will tell on November 6th.

Dont hold your breath dummy......

On 2nd thought, go ahead.

I agree. NOT with you calling Old Rocks a "dummy" but that rw's really don't care that Mittens is a blundering boob who makes Bush look like a sober and drug free leader. Mittens is not qualified on domestic issues and is a complete disaster in other countries.

My gawd, he couldn't even get through the Olympics without insulting every country he visited. He's a mess. The left knows it and the right knows it.

Difference is, the right doesn't care because they hate the black guy in Lincoln's bedroom a hell of a lot more than they love their own country or even their own family's future.

SSDD

What experience did Obama have before 2008? A 2 year Senator and a community agitator. He never ran a thing.

Romney ran a state for 4 years, the Olympics and Bain. You make not like the way he did things but it's a far better resume than Oblowme had when he ran.

Last edited:
Seems you can't even follow your own failed logic.

LOL

I'm not the one giddy as a fucking school girl because I think this tragedy might help my guy get elected.

Go fuck yourself asshole. :thup:

You don't even know what 'Mission Accomplished' meant, do you?

You are just a Leftist sheep regurging soundbites, and getting your ass kicked in the process.

LOL

uh, no ... It was George W Bush who didn't know what "Mission Accomplished" means. Oh, and a whole bunch of stubbornly stupid rw's who cling to his memory.

Gawd, why would you bring up one of the R's worst moments as though its something to be proud of?

And, who the heck is "Snapper Fail" == LOVE IT.

If Pilate was running for office this year he would have bumper stickers and campaign themes of 'I killed Jesus - and GM is alive!"

^Note for the record that SnapperFail just compared Osama bin Laden to Jesus.

Holy fucking Shit what a fucktard!

I'm not the one giddy as a fucking school girl because I think this tragedy might help my guy get elected.

Go fuck yourself asshole. :thup:

You don't even know what 'Mission Accomplished' meant, do you?

You are just a Leftist sheep regurging soundbites, and getting your ass kicked in the process.

LOL

uh, no ... It was George W Bush who didn't know what "Mission Accomplished" means.
Oh, and a whole bunch of stubbornly stupid rw's who cling to his memory.

Gawd, why would you bring up one of the R's worst moments as though its something to be proud of?

And, who the heck is "Snapper Fail" == LOVE IT.

You do know it was for the loved ones of the crew who were returning back to base after their mission, right?

Well, no. You don't know much.

Forum List

Back