Mitt's politicizing tragedy backfires

Too funny.

Romney is the only one who has sounded Presidential in this crisis.

His first, and correct response, was to defend America's liberties, rights and freedoms and to not apologize for our exercise of them. Very Presidential.

The nonsense about not attacking Obama for apologizing for America exercising those liberties was very appropriate and wholly acceptable.

Face it, if these statements had come from Bush's Administration, the Democrats would have spent the next 5 weeks doing nothing but attacking Bush.

So, conservatives. Don't even bother with this nut job, or what his handlers tell him to say or post.

Obama is coming out looking very anti-American and a piss poor leader.

Good for Romney.

The fact you even made this thread tells me it didn't backfire. Freedom of speech doesn't apply to a Presidential candidate?

Contrast Obama's pathetic whiney speech with romney's this is bullshit speech. Sorry Obama looks weak.

Mitt Romney's Comments on Embassy Attacks Backfire Badly - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

Mitt Romney's attack on President Obama for the "disgraceful" decision to "sympathize" with the murderers -- and his decision to stick with the political attack in a press conference Wednesday -- "is likely to be seen as one of the most craven and ill-advised tactical moves in this entire campaign," Time's Mark Halperin says. The "campaign faces a near consensus in Republican foreign policy circles that, whatever the sentiment, Romney faltered badly," BuzzFeed's Ben Smith writes. "I've been inundated with emails and calls from elected GOP leaders who think Romney's response was a mistake. Not today," MSNBC's Joe Scarborough tweeted. Peggy Noonan said on Fox, "I don't feel that Mr. Romney has been doing himself any favors, say in the past few hours, perhaps since last night... Sometimes when really bad things happen, when hot things happen, cool words or no words is the way to go." Former George W. Bush pollster Matthew Dowd tweeted, "Romney react feels a lot like ready, fire, aim."
<more>

Last edited:
Mitt Romney's Comments on Embassy Attacks Backfire Badly - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

Mitt Romney's attack on President Obama for the "disgraceful" decision to "sympathize" with the murderers -- and his decision to stick with the political attack in a press conference Wednesday -- "is likely to be seen as one of the most craven and ill-advised tactical moves in this entire campaign," Time's Mark Halperin says. The "campaign faces a near consensus in Republican foreign policy circles that, whatever the sentiment, Romney faltered badly," BuzzFeed's Ben Smith writes. "I've been inundated with emails and calls from elected GOP leaders who think Romney's response was a mistake. Not today," MSNBC's Joe Scarborough tweeted. Peggy Noonan said on Fox, "I don't feel that Mr. Romney has been doing himself any favors, say in the past few hours, perhaps since last night... Sometimes when really bad things happen, when hot things happen, cool words or no words is the way to go." Former George W. Bush pollster Matthew Dowd tweeted, "Romney react feels a lot like ready, fire, aim."
<more>

If it were not for all of the other bizarre fuck ups his amateurish campaign has committed, I would say this was shockingly stupid. However, I think that nobody who is paying attention can render the plea of being "shocked" at this point.

"It's bad," said a former aide to Senator John McCain's 2008 presidential campaign. "Just on a factual level that the statement was not a response but preceding, or one could make the case precipitating. And just calling it a 'disgrace' doesn't really cut it. Not ready for prime time."

Wait, Romney actually made his stupid comment before the embassy was attacked?

My gawd...

he's kind of out of his element in the foreign policy area. i don't think he's very knowledgeable about it. he seems confused about the players. and he really doesn't seem to have any idea of what competing foreign interests are at stake.

what's really frightening is that he seems to have no concept that his words affect our relationships with other countries.

kind of like baby bush when he said north korea was part of the axis of evil.

"It's bad," said a former aide to Senator John McCain's 2008 presidential campaign. "Just on a factual level that the statement was not a response but preceding, or one could make the case precipitating. And just calling it a 'disgrace' doesn't really cut it. Not ready for prime time."

My gawd...

he's kind of out of his element in the foreign policy area. i don't think he's very knowledgeable about it. he seems confused about the players. and he really doesn't seem to have any idea of what competing foreign interests are at stake.

what's really frightening is that he seems to have no concept that his words affect our relationships with other countries.

kind of like baby bush when he said north korea was part of the axis of evil.

He's visited Israel.. when did your messiah? He has stated UNEQUIVOCALLY that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, unlike your Appeasement President. He's committed his loyaty to our ally, Israel.. your moron in the WH trashes Israel. The Appeasement President created an Islamic Egypt... Apologized for free speech when Americans died.. bows to dictators.. Spews out Intel secrets and outs SEAL TEAM 6 in order to puff his big fat ago up.. Oh yes, we all see the FOREIGN POLICY MORON- It's your religion, liberalism and it's leader, the BOOB OBAMA. You and your cohorts on the left voted out God and ISRAEL.. Backstabbing -- BE PROUD.. The party which trashed our ally..

My gawd...

No I applaud Romney's statement--when you apologize for some "stupid video"--without condemning the attack on the embassy--you look stupid and weak to an Islamic extremist. When you look stupid and weak--they take advantage of it.

OBAMA HAS BEEN OUT THERE SINCE THE BIN LADEN HIT--CONTINUALLY SPIKING THE BALL IN THE END ZONE-- and that's why the extremists in Egypt were CHANTING--"we're all Osama's--OBAMA." It was 9/11 and it had nothing to do with any video.

FURTHERMORE--Where in the HELL was the U.S. Marines? I always thought that the Marines guarded all of our embassy's around the globe? Did Obama pull them back in two of the most "dangerous" places on earth to appease Egypt and Libya--knowing full well their countries are loaded with Islamic Extremists.?

Lots of questions need to be asked here--it's definitely not over. Obama's "Arab Spring" just BLEW up in his face.

Last edited:
Obama politicizes this everyday, and he brought this on himself with his non-stop. vulgar and continued spiking of the football regarding Bin Laden.

"Obama, Obama, we are all Osama" they chanted

‘Obama, Obama, We are All Osama’: Thousands of Tunisian Islamists Warn the ‘Ape’ Obama of Their Plans | Video | TheBlaze.com

The Blaze?? The news website promoted by Glenn Beck??? Have you no shame??? I'm embarrassed for you!!!

WHY?? Look in the mirror.. That's TRUE embarrassment.. Liberal SHREWS unite.. you're all a bunch of nasty hags who have the brain capacity of a wart on the ass of a dingo!

Don't take it out on me because you have the suckiest GOP candidate ever. :D

Romney's out of his element on Foreign Policy...Obama been president for four years and he is STILL out of his element on Foreign Policy...He's so out of his element his administration is now getting innocent civilians killed and dragged through the streets

but hey, we can ALL sleep better tonight with this administration at the helm

Romney was right to comment on the disgusting statement they put out condeming our rights to FREE SPEECH..but what do you obama cult members care

SNIP:

On 9-11&#8230; The Obama Administration Apologizes to Radical Islamists and Attacks Our Constitutional Rights

Posted by Jim Hoft on Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 11:28 PM
After the US Embassy in Egypt was attacked today, the Obama Administration apologized to the Islamists and attacked the US Constitution.

History Repeats Itself&#8211;

Tehran 1979 &#8211; Cairo 2012

The Obama State Department apologized to the Islamists today after they stormed the US Embassy in Cairo.
Here&#8217;s the press release:

U.S. Embassy Condemns Religious Incitement
September 11, 2012

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims &#8211; as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others.

You just can&#8217;t make this stuff up.

From
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...es-to-islamists-and-attacks-the-constitution/

Last edited:
Too funny.

His first, and correct response, was to defend America's liberties, rights and freedoms and to not apologize for our exercise of them. Very Presidential.

The nonsense about not attacking Obama for apologizing for America exercising those liberties was very appropriate and wholly acceptable.

Face it, if these statements had come from Bush's Administration, the Democrats would have spent the next 5 weeks doing nothing but attacking Bush.

So, conservatives. Don't even bother with this nut job, or what his handlers tell him to say or post.

Good for Romney.

Are you kidding??? OMG, are all of his 20 supporters this delusional??

Romney's original attack on Obama referenced on of the dead in Libya. FAUX is trying to pretend Mitten made his attack before any deaths were known....because they know it makes him look like the POS he is.
As bad as that is I think Willard's SMIRK after he spewed his shit to the press is worse.
MittromneyFinalRemark.jpg

Just keep lying to yourselves about who the enemy is, it will help you keep your peanut sized minds off the harsh reality of Administrative Failure. Maybe, if we are real lucky, we will soon have a Grown-Up in charge again. It is amazing how much you all need to twist things around with all that is happening, to make Mitt the Scape Goat. Almost unbelievable.

Too funny.

Good for Romney.

Are you fucking kidding? You do NOT badmouth American values and then say that violence is wrong as an afterthought.

It is you, and anyone who thinks that the boi wonder Obama even has a fucking clue.

The only people defending Romney on this at this point are the usual rightwing asylum inmates who are locked into the anything-Obama-is-for-we're-against mode.

I thought Romney's words sounded quite presidential and supported what he said.

I thought what Hilary Clinton stated the right words with what she said....and supported it.

I thought Obama had to practice to get out the right words, because his first words....well, I didn't support what he stated first.

I know, I know....I'm some rightwing whacko that's so blinded that I didn't understand what Obama really meant.
We should focus on Romney's words and not the story...yes I get it, it's an election.
Never let a crisis go to waste.

I thought what Hilary Clinton stated the right words with what she said....and supported it.

I thought Obama had to practice to get out the right words, because his first words....well, I didn't support what he stated first.

I know, I know....I'm some rightwing whacko that's so blinded that I didn't understand what Obama really meant.
We should focus on Romney's words and not the story...yes I get it, it's an election.

Yes, you are. Anyone who supports Romney's lies is a nut.

Yes, you are. Anyone who supports Romney's lies is a nut.

oh brother :rolleyes:

Coming from a leftwing loon, no less

Too funny.

Good for Romney.

Are you fucking kidding? You do NOT badmouth American values and then say that violence is wrong as an afterthought.
It is you, and anyone who thinks that the boi wonder Obama even has a fucking clue.

Oh, stuff it!!!! Romney and Ryan are total idiots and if you don't get that then you're as crazy as they are. They are lying about what happened and will not admit it. A couple of real clowns. They would be a disaster, if elected, and a lot of republicans know it.

That did not happen!!!!

Forum List

Back