Mitt Romney Loves Coal Miners

Only an idiot liberal would bring up coal miners when Obamination is getting many of them fired by closing down their mines via the EPA......

Is it just me, or does anyone else wonder specifically what these "regulatory requirements" are that the RW'ers say are killing the coal industry. Not once, did a single specific regulation get mentioned in this story. Has Rush not gotten that far yet?

It must be those requirements that obama said would bankrupt the coal industry when he was campaigning last time.

Can you name ONE?

Obama Power-Plant Rule Signals Demise of

Coal and Mineral Mining Environmental Regulatory Program - Ohio DNR Division of Mineral Resources Management

http://www.lawandenvironment.com/uploads/file/CRS-EPA.pdf

Do you want more? I got plenty.

From your first link:

The rules will permit emissions from new power plants at 1,000 pounds of carbon dioxide per megawatt hour, about the level for a modern gas facility, according to the EPA. It applies to new plants, not existing ones.

Please explain how this impacts existing coal mines and existing coal workers? How did it cause the lay off of 1200 workers from existing coal mines?

Your second link is worthless as it says nothing about increasing costs or even what additional costs there are to coal companies.

And finally, from your third link:

The primary impacts of many of the rules will largely be on coal-fired plants more than 40 years
old that have not, until now, installed state-of-the-art pollution controls. Many of these plants are
inefficient and are being replaced by more efficient combined cycle natural gas plants, a
development likely to be encouraged if the price of competing fuel—natural gas—continues to be low, almost regardless of EPA rules.

Not seeing anything about how Obama is destroying the coal industry. Please send me some more that actually support your bullshit claims.

I have one.

As Mine Protections Fail, Black Lung Cases Surge
http://www.npr.org/2012/07/09/155978300/as-mine-protections-fail-black-lung-cases-surge

And of course there's all sorts of medical articles about Black Lung Disease and many regarding coal's effect on God's Earth!

Last edited:
Why is it that Republicans absolutely love dirty energy but totally hate dirty sex? :confused:

I kind of like being able to stay warm in the winter, cool in the summer. I like being able to cook food. I like having energy for refridgeration, computers, lights, etc.

Whats your issue with people production energy through good honest hard work?

romney-job-not-2-worry.jpg

I'll post in it for you. ;)

And you think Romney, the guy who forced goal miners to take a day without pay to appear in a photo op, would be better?

If so, I have some lovely beach property around Tikrit that you may be interested in. :D

Romney didn't force anyone, the boss of these workers did that. Nothing like lying, is there.

I'd be suspicious of any claim that a union forced any union member to support a republican.

Why is it that Republicans absolutely love dirty energy but totally hate dirty sex? :confused:

I kind of like being able to stay warm in the winter, cool in the summer. I like being able to cook food. I like having energy for refridgeration, computers, lights, etc.

Whats your issue with people production energy through good honest hard work?

Pollution? Green House Gases? Climate Change? Do you not have small children that will have to live here after we are gone?

I have one.

As Mine Protections Fail, Black Lung Cases Surge : NPR

And of course there's all sorts of medical articles about Black Lung Disease and many regarding coal's effect on God's Earth!

Democrats are going to protect health by making sure everyone is unemployed. Makes pure democrat sense.

Ad War Update: Obama Wants To Engulf Your Children In Flames - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast

The Beallsville[, OH] rally [seen in the video], you may remember, is the one at which miners were told that attendance was mandatory — and they were docked a day’s pay for the privilege of showing up. That’s right: Mitt Romney’s ad touting his deep, abiding love of the coal industry appears to feature miners who were made to attend by their boss and who did so at the cost of a day’s salary.

You leftists are such fucking morons.

This bit of demagoguery was debunked a month ago - but here you are trotting it out again.

No integrity, no brains - YEP, you're a democrat!

I have one.

As Mine Protections Fail, Black Lung Cases Surge : NPR

Democrats are going to protect health by making sure everyone is unemployed. Makes pure democrat sense.

Now that's a stretch but let's add a fact, at least they'll be alive!

Forum List

Back