Mitt Romney Loves Coal Miners

Again, how is their fear Romney's fault?

They were not forced to attend, if they did so out of fear then that's on them and no one else.

BTW Romney didn't shut the mine down, the owners did.

The could have changed the venue or simply declined his visit.

Fault or no fault, Rati and the other leftist scumbags are lying through their fucking teeth.

Rati, Catzshit, Peepers, all disgusting filth, lying for their shameful party.

They were told that attendance at the event was mandatory, you stupid fuck. If your employer told you that you had to go to a mandatory meeting, what would that mean to you?

You don't think that Romney bears any complicity in this, given that his campaign set up the visit in that location?

Do you think you bear no responsibility for being a fucking liar, because you worship Obama?

{When contacted about the interview on Monday afternoon, Murray Energy spokesman Gary Broadbent emailed this statement: "Rob Moore made it abundantly clear that no employees were forced to attend the Romney event. All participation was, and always has been, completely voluntary."}

You filthy pile of shit.

You don't think that Romney bears any complicity in this, given that his campaign set up the visit in that location?

Do you think you bear no responsibility for being a fucking liar, because you worship Obama?

{When contacted about the interview on Monday afternoon, Murray Energy spokesman Gary Broadbent emailed this statement: "Rob Moore made it abundantly clear that no employees were forced to attend the Romney event. All participation was, and always has been, completely voluntary."}

You filthy pile of shit.

After he made it clear that it was mandatory?

You're so dumb. :D

What part of this do you misunderstand, you stupid dumb fuck?

Again, how is their fear Romney's fault?

They were not forced to attend, if they did so out of fear then that's on them and no one else.

BTW Romney didn't shut the mine down, the owners did.

The could have changed the venue or simply declined his visit.

No, his campaign asked to hold an event there and the owner agreed.

Owner could have said no. Or even suggested a different location as to not shut down production.

Owner could have said no. Or even suggested a different location as to not shut down production.

Or, Romney, when informed that the workers would lose a day's pay, could have relocated his event, right? If he cared, which he clearly didn't.

In unhinged's world, voluntary and mandatory mean exactly the same thing, and he's the only person on this board with integrity.

You've had your lying nose rubbed in the FACT that it wasn't mandatory, you fucking hack.

Another lying Obamabot.

If your god is so great, why is it that all you can do is lie to libel his opponent?

You filthy pile of shit.

It never was mandatory.

In unhinged's world, voluntary and mandatory mean exactly the same thing, and he's the only person on this board with integrity.

You've had your lying nose rubbed in the FACT that it wasn't mandatory, you fucking hack.

Another lying Obamabot.

If your god is so great, why is it that all you can do is lie to libel his opponent?

No,dear. A spokesperson has come along behind to tidy up the mess and is now stating it was voluntary, even though the workers were told at the time of the event that it was mandatory.

I hope you don't stroke out. You seem kind of agitated.

Or, Romney, when informed that the workers would lose a day's pay, could have relocated his event, right? If he cared, which he clearly didn't.

You're assuming he was informed of that fact.

Now prove that he was.

According to democrats Romney hates coal miners because the wants them to keep their jobs. obama loves coal miners because he wants them unemployed.

If my boss says a meeting is "mandatory", what does that mean? Does it mean it is optional?

man·da·to·ry/ˈmandəˌtôrē/Adjective:
1.Required by law or rules; compulsory: "wearing helmets is mandatory".
2.Of or conveying a command: "he did not want the guidelines to be mandatory".

I don't give a rat's ass what those corporate douches say AFTER they got caught. They ADMITTED that employees were told it was mandatory. End of story.

You filthy pile of shit.

It never was mandatory.

I think you're mistaken.

When GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney visited an Ohio coal mine this month to promote jobs in the coal industry, workers who appeared with him at the rally lost pay because their mine was shut down.

The Pepper Pike company that owns the Century Mine told workers that attending the Aug. 14 Romney event would be both mandatory and unpaid, a top company official said Monday morning in a West Virginia radio interview.

Coal miners lost pay when Mitt Romney visited their mine to promote coal jobs | cleveland.com

It never was mandatory.

I think you're mistaken.

When GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney visited an Ohio coal mine this month to promote jobs in the coal industry, workers who appeared with him at the rally lost pay because their mine was shut down.

The Pepper Pike company that owns the Century Mine told workers that attending the Aug. 14 Romney event would be both mandatory and unpaid, a top company official said Monday morning in a West Virginia radio interview.

Coal miners lost pay when Mitt Romney visited their mine to promote coal jobs | cleveland.com

I'm more apt to believe the article that identifies the spokesperson.

I'll post in it for you. ;)

And you think Romney, the guy who forced goal miners to take a day without pay to appear in a photo op, would be better?

If so, I have some lovely beach property around Tikrit that you may be interested in. :D

Romney didn't force anyone, the boss of these workers did that. Nothing like lying, is there.

It speaks to the type of people who support Romney. Yet, this story is a few weeks old, and I've heard nothing from Romney or Ryan disowning this. To the contrary, Romney used this for campaign ads.

There was an article about a year ago in the WSJ about this. The Coal Miners were big supporters of Obama but are unlikely to be this time around given Obama's environmental policies.

Well, we know of at least 25 miners who won't be voting for Obama, but Mitten won't get their vote either. They were killed at Upper Big Branch mine owned by Massey Energy. According to federal records, MSHA cited the Upper Big Branch mine for 1,342 safety violations from 2005 through 2010.

If miners are pissed, they should be pissed at corrupt people like Don Blankenship, Chairman and CEO of Massey Energy Co. and a murderer and the mining owners. In 1968, there were 114,000 unionized mine workers taking coal out of tunnels in West Virginia. Today there are only 11,000 miners left in the state, and almost none of them are unionized because the strip industry isn't.

It is a huge fallacy that poor environmental policies are good economic policies. Unless you undervalue our resources, especially human resources, the health and well being of the citizenry.

The poorest counties in America are in coal country. It was that way when John F. Kennedy campaigned there in 1960, and when Bobby Kennedy was fighting strip mining back in the 60s, because it permanently impoverishing these communities because there is no way that you can generate an economy from the moonscapes that they leave behind.

It never was mandatory.

I think you're mistaken.

He also said that the mine would not be working that day because all of the managers would be at the Romney event, and consequently the miners would not get paid whether they attended the event or not.

Nice lie, dumbfuck.

If coal mines were blowing up mountains and turning the water black, I'm sure your mass media would be covering it.

The EPA is shutting down coal mines over the global warming bullshit. Strange, back in the 70s you dumbfucks said coal made the planet....cold.:eusa_whistle:

Only an idiot liberal would bring up coal miners when Obamination is getting many of them fired by closing down their mines via the EPA......

Well, you are a rightie, so I'm guessing you're cool with them blasting off mountain tops and filling people's wells in the valleys with black water. Am I right? I will forever HATE and CURSE shrub for allowing this practice to be legal.

Last edited:
I'll post in it for you. ;)

Obama policies hammered following coal-mine closings, layoffs

The announcement that 1,200 coal-mining jobs have been eliminated across central Appalachia has sparked renewed cries that Obama administration policies are crippling domestic-energy production and jobs -- and is already factoring into the 2012 presidential race.

Alpha Natural Resources announced Tuesday its plan to cut the positions and scale back coal production by 16 million tons annually -- which would result in eight mine closings in Virginia, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Four-hundred workers will be laid off immediately, though the company reportedly may try to re-hire some of the 1,200.

Kevin Crutchfield, the company’s chief executive officer, said the lay-offs and the closings of the non-union mines are the result a difficult market in which power plants are switching to abundant, less-expensive natural gas and "a regulatory environment that's aggressively aimed at constraining the use of coal."

Read more: Obama policies hammered following coal-mine closings, layoffs | Fox News

Sound like the free market working to me...

Kevin Crutchfield, the company’s chief executive officer, said the lay-offs and the closings of the non-union mines are the result a difficult market in which power plants are switching to abundant, less-expensive natural gas and "a regulatory environment that's aggressively aimed at constraining the use of coal."

They could have diversified years ago and been leaders in green energy.

You snooze, you loose. Welcome to America.

When they succeed (with government subsidies), it's "We Built That"

When they fail, it's all Obama's fault.

Did anybody at Fox review the company's quarterlies to see what kind of debt they were carrying? Didn't think so....

Forum List

Back