Mitt Romney: 'I'm Not Concerned About The Very Poor'

"I like to fire people"

"I am not concerned about the poor"

"My tax rate is 13%"

"Let them eat cake"

Okay, I made that last one up. That was Marie Antoinette.

This guy is right out of central casting for out of touch rich people!

Actually, you made them all up. But it's not like the board expects honesty from you. Hack.

"I'm in this race because I care about Americans. I'm not concerned about the very poor

You're so stupid. He's saying he's in this for all Americans, not just the poor. I mean duh, read the quote, dumb ass. Then again what level of content did I expect from someone who's daily pursuit is pretending to be black. What happened to me in your sig by the way? I was enjoying that.

Last edited:
"I'm in this race because I care about Americans. I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there. If it needs repair, I'll fix it,"

The safety net that has faced drastic cuts over the last few years? The safety net that Romney himself has proposed cutting? For him to pretend that the safety net is all the help the poor need, just makes him sound so out of touch with reality.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. This is the same millionaire who said, corporations are people, he enjoys firing people, he knows what it's like to worry about pink slips, he's unemployed too, and $374k in speaking fees isn't much. It seems that every time he opens his mouth, he sticks his foot in it.

Mitt Romney: 'I'm Not Concerned About The Very Poor'

CNN's Soledad O'Brien pressed him on his comments, adding that they may sound odd for Americans who are very poor.

"Well you had to finish the sentence, Soledad," he replied. "I said 'I'm not concerned about the very poor that have a safety net but if it has holes in it, I will repair them.' The challenge right now -- we will hear from the Democrat party the plight of the poor. And there's no question it's not good being poor and we have a safety net to help those that are very poor. But my campaign is focused on middle-income Americans."

"We have a very ample safety net," said Romney. "And we can talk about whether it needs to be strengthened or whether there are holes in it. But we have food stamps, we have Medicaid, we have housing vouchers, we have programs to help the poor."

Programs in the "safety net" are also suffering during the economic recession. Medicaid, for example faces cuts as states attempt to balance budgets at a time when more people are using the program. GOP lawmakers have also eyed cuts in food stamps as food prices rise, even though more Americans are using the the program as a consequence of the economic recession.

Romney's policies call for cutting federal spending and reconfiguring the social safety net. He calls for an immediate five-percent cut to non-discretionary spending, which would hit the safety net hard. He proposes turning Medicaid into a block grant program and undertaking a "fundamental restructuring of government programs and services." He also calls for capping spending at 20 percent of GDP -- a significant cut -- and adds that he "will pursue further cuts" as spending comes "under control."

Negged for being a lying hack. You're welcome.

Bain.jpg

It's like his "I like to be able to fire people" comment. the context doesn't really matter, it just shows him as an out of touch rich guy who has no clue as to what the rest of us are going through right now.

Of course context matters.

Let me give you an example of what you do with Romney:

- Newt Gingrich

Did Newt use those words? Yes.

Now.... the actual quote is:

And my point was one I think that you'd agree with, which is there's no room in America for a black racist, a Latino racist, or a white racist, or an Asian racist, or a Native American racist. Now, we're either color blind or we're not color blind.
- Newt Gingrich

The first is the words - well, some of them anyway. The second is exactly what he said. What you do with Romney is an example of disingenuous, deliberate misquoting. A lie.

Do you understand it now?

To paraphrase Ben Franklin...

Context always matters to the left when it's in the 1st person, such as 'our context'. It's only when it's in the 3rd person, such as 'their context' that it no longer matters.
da_silva-howard4.jpg

And, you may have noticed how this inconvenient truth is totally ignored by the lyin' hacks that deliberately misquote others or deliberately take a quote out of context. This is why I mock these people... because they deserve to be mocked.

When this picture was taken, I wonder if this was one of the times when Romney was worried about getting a 'pink slip.' I mean, it's OBVIOUS that they're not even working. They're just 'screwing around' at the office. Someone should ask him.

Obama at the same age as Romney

obama-muslim-dress.jpg

Gotta picture of George W. Bush passed out drunk?

Or a picture of Clinton stoned? Oh wait, he didn't inhale did he?

"I'm in this race because I care about Americans. I'm not concerned about the very poor

You're so stupid. He's saying he's in this for all Americans, not just the poor. I mean duh, read the quote, dumb ass. Then again what level of content did I expect from someone who's daily pursuit is pretending to be black. What happened to me in your sig by the way? I was enjoying that.

Yeah, ass-wipe, I read the quote. I re-read the quote. It sounds bad every time.

And again with the "pretending to be black" comments. :lol::lol::lol:

I have asked you repeatedly to show me proof that I ever pretended to be black. Every fucking time, you change the subject or just ignore the request. I'm asking you again, you stupid little man. Where's your proof?

Forum List

Back