Mitt Romney: 'I'm Not Concerned About The Very Poor'

tissue?

i'm very sorry that a mormon stole your lunch or whatever thirty years ago; you're obviously deeply scarred.

i really am, but you need to pull on your big boy pants and move on.

c'mon, turn that frown upside down, joey.

attaboy! make us all proud.

ampad

:rofl:

Guy, are you even about serious debate anymore?

I mean, you boy won, but no one is all that thrilled with him. It's like you got rid of the mice by burning down the house, and you look kind of stupid standing there...

Shit..........I got fired once from a bartender/manager job because the girl the owner/boss had just broken up with (and already replaced) decided I was cute and took me home one night.

Showed up for work the next day, and I was told that I was on vacation. Kept the keys for a couple of weeks, until I figured out I wasn't going to come back.

Knew another gal, who was fired because she showed up at the company Xmas party with her girlfriend, and some bible thumping idiot absolutely freaked out when she saw that. Her girlfriend wore a man's suit, just to make sure NOBODY missed the point.

But, no, no, according to Del, everyone who gets fired totally deserves it, and bosses are never wrong.

tissue?

i'm very sorry that a mormon stole your lunch or whatever thirty years ago; you're obviously deeply scarred.

i really am, but you need to pull on your big boy pants and move on.

c'mon, turn that frown upside down, joey.

attaboy! make us all proud.

ampad

Guy, are you even about serious debate anymore?

I mean, you boy won, but no one is all that thrilled with him. It's like you got rid of the mice by burning down the house, and you look kind of stupid standing there...

he's not my boy, skippy.

i just like watching you twitch every time he wins. :lol:

the mormons are coming! ZOMG!

Shit..........I got fired once from a bartender/manager job because the girl the owner/boss had just broken up with (and already replaced) decided I was cute and took me home one night.

Showed up for work the next day, and I was told that I was on vacation. Kept the keys for a couple of weeks, until I figured out I wasn't going to come back.

Knew another gal, who was fired because she showed up at the company Xmas party with her girlfriend, and some bible thumping idiot absolutely freaked out when she saw that. Her girlfriend wore a man's suit, just to make sure NOBODY missed the point.

But, no, no, according to Del, everyone who gets fired totally deserves it, and bosses are never wrong.

every time you lie, jesus lays off another worker at ampad, joey.

why do you lie? :lol:

he's not my boy, skippy.

seems like a very odd thing to enjoy...

I mean, I get a kick out of mocking Mormons. If Mittens lost now, whatever would I have to talk about. I get to make fun of Mormons for 10 more months, until he loses to Obama.

(Actually, I can and will talk about a lot of things. I'm just sorry I have to waste my time on this because my party decided to drink the "electablity" koolaid. Its like 2008 and 1996 never happened!:confused:)

he's not my boy, skippy.

seems like a very odd thing to enjoy...

I mean, I get a kick out of mocking Mormons. If Mittens lost now, whatever would I have to talk about. I get to make fun of Mormons for 10 more months, until he loses to Obama.

(Actually, I can and will talk about a lot of things. I'm just sorry I have to waste my time on this because my party decided to drink the "electablity" koolaid. Its like 2008 and 1996 never happened!:confused:)

that's your best one yet, joey!

Probalby a better Republican than you are.

The problem is, at some point, the GOP became tools of Corporate America when Americans got sick of the nonsense.

And they've been paying the price ever since.

The GOP has only won one popular vote for President since 1990, and that was because we were at war and the Democrats ran an awful candidate. If the GOP doesn't get right with working folks- soon- they are going the way of the Whigs.

yeah, only rich people fire people who aren't doing what they were hired to do.
:eusa_shhh:

Bullshit.

I've seen people fired because they got pregnant. I've seen people get fired because they had to make a job for the boss's friend's daughter. I've seen people fired because they complained about sexual harrassment everyone else saw, and I've seen people fired for no other reason than they ran up medical bills. (The last one happened to me personally.)

So don't feed me the bullshit, guy. Romney is the guy who lays you off, and people are going to exact appropriate revenge on him in November.

Think Goldwater level loss.

Years ago I worked in an upholstery shop. It was very dusty in there. I started wearing a hat to keep the dust off of my head. I was told that I couldn't wear a hat for safety reasons (it supposedly impaired my vision). The boss' son also worked there. He wore a hat as well. When I asked why he was able to wear his hat, I was told that it was a different type of hat, so it was ok. I could see if I was wearing a sombrero, but it was a fucking boating cap with the brim that goes all the way around.

I refused to take it off. I was fired for insubordination. Of course, it was complete bullshit. The real reason I was fired was that I didn't put up with the boss's crap. She treated me like shit. One day, after berating me for some trivial reason (as everybody in the shop rolled their eyes at her behind her back), I mumbled some insults under my breath as she walked away. She knew she couldn't fire me for that, so she conjured up the hat excuse.

I ended up collecting UE on her ass.

Last edited:
Bullshit.

I've seen people fired because they got pregnant. I've seen people get fired because they had to make a job for the boss's friend's daughter. I've seen people fired because they complained about sexual harrassment everyone else saw, and I've seen people fired for no other reason than they ran up medical bills. (The last one happened to me personally.)

So don't feed me the bullshit, guy. Romney is the guy who lays you off, and people are going to exact appropriate revenge on him in November.

Think Goldwater level loss.

Years ago I worked in an upholstery shop. It was very dusty in there. I started wearing a hat to keep the dust off of my head. I was told that I couldn't wear a hat for safety reasons (it supposedly impaired my vision). The boss' son also worked there. He wore a hat as well. When I asked why he was able to wear his hat, I was told that it was a different type of hat, so it was ok. I could see if I was wearing a sombrero, but it was a fucking boating cap with the brim that goes all the way around.

I refused to take it off. I was fired for insubordination. Of course, it was complete bullshit. The real reason I was fired was that I didn't put up with the boss's crap. She treated me like shit. One day, after berating me for some trivial reason (as everybody in the shop rolled their eyes at her behind her back), I mumbled some insults under my breath as she walked away. She knew she couldn't fire me for that, so she conjured up the hat excuse.

I ended up collecting UE on her ass.

Here's a good one. WOrked at a place for about three weeks as a warehouse guy. They sold chemicals for making chemical foam when you heated it and mixed it. Well, this stuff was really caustic and because of crappy housekeeping because they only had three people on staff, it was pretty much on everything.

Well, not surprisingly, I broke out into rashes, and they let me go. I promptly called OSHA and the EPA on their asses and got them shut down. :lol: They then tried to challenge me UE benefits, and lost.

The problem is, at some point, the GOP became tools of Corporate America when Americans got sick of the nonsense.

The GOP has only won one popular vote for President since 1990, and that was because we were at war and the Democrats ran an awful candidate. If the GOP doesn't get right with working folks- soon- they are going the way of the Whigs.

WOW, great post, great point. But, like the hardcore lefties, the hardcore righties are too full of themselves to pay attention.

Probalby a better Republican than you are.

That's what they said HAD happened in 2008.

The GOP was dead and buried.

Oh look....2010.

And what makes it so funny is the GOP really is a mess.

What does that say about the dems ?

JoeB's party is not the Republicans, it is himself.

He is the original Romney weathervane for changing what he says.

Well, finally he comes outright with it.

:clap2:

Well, only if you lie about what he said. But you already knew that. You just love the lies.

It's like his "I like to be able to fire people" comment. the context doesn't really matter, it just shows him as an out of touch rich guy who has no clue as to what the rest of us are going through right now.

Of course context matters.

Let me give you an example of what you do with Romney:

And my point was, there's no room in America for a black, a Latino, or an Asian. We're not color blind.
- Newt Gingrich

Did Newt use those words? Yes.

Now.... the actual quote is:

And my point was one I think that you'd agree with, which is there's no room in America for a black racist, a Latino racist, or a white racist, or an Asian racist, or a Native American racist. Now, we're either color blind or we're not color blind.
- Newt Gingrich

The first is the words - well, some of them anyway. The second is exactly what he said. What you do with Romney is an example of disingenuous, deliberate misquoting. A lie.

Do you understand it now?

Well, only if you lie about what he said. But you already knew that. You just love the lies.

It's like his "I like to be able to fire people" comment. the context doesn't really matter, it just shows him as an out of touch rich guy who has no clue as to what the rest of us are going through right now.

Of course context matters.

Let me give you an example of what you do with Romney:

And my point was, there's no room in America for a black, a Latino, or an Asian. We're not color blind.
- Newt Gingrich

Did Newt use those words? Yes.

Now.... the actual quote is:

And my point was one I think that you'd agree with, which is there's no room in America for a black racist, a Latino racist, or a white racist, or an Asian racist, or a Native American racist. Now, we're either color blind or we're not color blind.
- Newt Gingrich

The first is the words - well, some of them anyway. The second is exactly what he said. What you do with Romney is an example of disingenuous, deliberate misquoting. A lie.

Do you understand it now?

To paraphrase Ben Franklin...

Context always matters to the left when it's in the 1st person, such as 'our context'. It's only when it's in the 3rd person, such as 'their context' that it no longer matters.
da_silva-howard4.jpg

Last edited:
"I like to fire people"

"I am not concerned about the poor"

"My tax rate is 13%"

"Let them eat cake"

Okay, I made that last one up. That was Marie Antoinette.

This guy is right out of central casting for out of touch rich people!

Forum List

Back