Mitt Romney finally found an issue where he will never change his position?

R

rdean

Now we know why Mitt refused to stand up for Richard Grenell:

"If Mitt Romney can be pushed around, intimidated, coerced, co-opted by a conservative radio talk show host in Middle America, then how is he going to stand up to the Chinese? How is he going to stand up to Putin?" So asked Bryan Fischer, a radio host with the American Family Association, after claiming credit for Richard Grenell's scalp.

Grenell is the openly gay former foreign policy spokesman for the Romney campaign. Before that, he worked for Ambassador John Bolton at the United Nations, easily the most revered diplomatic official among the base of the Republican Party since Jeane Kirkpatrick.

But just because the team wanted to keep Grenell on board doesn't mean it was willing or able to let him do his job. It appears the campaign wanted to keep him muzzled until the criticism of the appointment blew over (such criticism also came from National Review Online, where I am an editor at large). The complaint seems to be that having a gay-marriage proponent in the Romney foreign policy shop is untenable.

Romney camp bungles ouster of gay worker - Houston Chronicle

Now I have to apoligize. I thought Romney was a milquetoast for not going to bat for his "advisor".

Milquetoast | Define Milquetoast at Dictionary.com

milque·toast
spineless person, especially one who is easily dominated or intimidated

Now I understand the guy who likes to fire people simply doesn't believe in equal rights. But he's still a milquetoast when it comes to everything else.

Right or left, R or D, Mitt never met position he didn't fall in love with - IF he thought he could squeeze a buck or a vote out of it.

Hate Obama if you want, Mitt should never ever, no matter what, become president of the US.

Forum List

Back