Gay Mitt Romney Spokesman, Resigns

The Christian Right was in a uproar from the moment Grenell was appointed. He was excluded from meeting on the subject of his expertise.

Oh baloney. I'm Christian and I'm on the right and I have no problem with him being gay. Most of my family, collegues, friends, and associates are Christian, probably the majority are on the right, and none of them have any problem with him being gay.

I do not believe for a minute that one or two radical rightwing groups were able to have enough influence in this to merit the slightest bit of concern from anybody.

But the fact that the Washington Post and almost all other leftwing media and people like you on message boards and whatever other people are speaking for the left immediately highlighted the point that he was GAY. And that the right wouldn't stand for a GAY person. That Romney was weak allowing a GAY person to resign. Yadda yadda.

Would there have been any interest whatsoever in a person leaving the Romney camp if he had not been GAY?

The only significant bunch of people giving this any, most especially intense attention are those on the Left who see people as GAY and not just people.

So, he's a liar? He resigned, you're saying he lied about why?

Okay, I guess I should go remove my thanks from your earlier post that I thought made good sense. I obviously completely misinterpreted it.

So who's lying? The GAY guy who didn't say that the Christian right was in an uproar? Or me who has certainly seen no objections from any Chrsitians or Christian groups that I know? Or PJ here who said it was? (Though I don't consider a wrong perspective or notion or brain washing to be lying.)

I don't think he did, though. Romney brought him on to begin with, the gentleman chose to resign.
The Christian Right was in a uproar from the moment Grenell was appointed. He was excluded from meetings on the subject of his expertise.

well it's good you got the dirt on it all..

you really are pathetic and could give two shits about this guy and his leaving his job..

The leftists are totally freaked out that there are GAY non-leftists out there. :eek:

I have another "news flash" for all of you leftists.............there are BLACK non-leftists out there too! :eek:

Fischer Takes Credit For Forcing ‘Homosexual Activist’ Grenell To Quit | The New Civil Rights Movement

Richard Grenell, Mitt Romney’s gay spokesperson who resigned hours ago after pressure from conservatives, actually resigned because of Bryan Fischer, according to Bryan Fischer, who today on his radio program took credit for leading the charge that resulted in Grenell’s resignation. Fischer, who has said that gays are “Nazis,” called Grenell’s resignation “a huge win” because the Fischer-led group of anti-gay conservatives, the religious right, and anti-gay so-called “family” groups, were able to get Grenell to quit and taught the Romney campaign a lesson.

READ: Breaking: Gay Romney Spokesman Grenell Quits After Conservative Attacks

Think Progress noted that “Fischer had led the charge against Grenell’s appointment, attacking him for being a “homosexual activist” whose behavior is “offensive to God.”

Last edited:
Fischer Takes Credit For Forcing ‘Homosexual Activist’ Grenell To Quit | The New Civil Rights Movement

Richard Grenell, Mitt Romney’s gay spokesperson who resigned hours ago after pressure from conservatives, actually resigned because of Bryan Fischer, according to Bryan Fischer, who today on his radio program took credit for leading the charge that resulted in Grenell’s resignation. Fischer, who has said that gays are “Nazis,” called Grenell’s resignation “a huge win” because the Fischer-led group of anti-gay conservatives, the religious right, and anti-gay so-called “family” groups, were able to get Grenell to quit and taught the Romney campaign a lesson.

Think Progress noted that “Fischer had led the charge against Grenell’s appointment, attacking him for being a “homosexual activist” whose behavior is “offensive to God.”

well I'll take Grenell's word about it and you can post and GLOAT over all the bullshit you post from unknown websites..it just make you look like a small person.

well I'll take Grenell's word about it and you can post and GLOAT over all the bullshit you post from unknown websites..it just make you look like a small person.

You mean, you're going to ignore the Christian radio host who's been bragging about how he's the one who forced Grenell to resign, because it doesn't fit your "hypothesis"?

Oh baloney. I'm Christian and I'm on the right and I have no problem with him being gay. Most of my family, collegues, friends, and associates are Christian, probably the majority are on the right, and none of them have any problem with him being gay.

I do not believe for a minute that one or two radical rightwing groups were able to have enough influence in this to merit the slightest bit of concern from anybody.

But the fact that the Washington Post and almost all other leftwing media and people like you on message boards and whatever other people are speaking for the left immediately highlighted the point that he was GAY. And that the right wouldn't stand for a GAY person. That Romney was weak allowing a GAY person to resign. Yadda yadda.

Would there have been any interest whatsoever in a person leaving the Romney camp if he had not been GAY?

The only significant bunch of people giving this any, most especially intense attention are those on the Left who see people as GAY and not just people.

So, he's a liar? He resigned, you're saying he lied about why?

Okay, I guess I should go remove my thanks from your earlier post that I thought made good sense. I obviously completely misinterpreted it.

So who's lying? The GAY guy who didn't say that the Christian right was in an uproar? Or me who has certainly seen no objections from any Chrsitians or Christian groups that I know? Or PJ here who said it was? (Though I don't consider a wrong perspective or notion or brain washing to be lying.)

What reason did he give for resigning.

You mean, you're going to ignore the Christian radio host who's been bragging about how he's the one who forced Grenell to resign, because it doesn't fit your "hypothesis"?

anyone can Claim anything...I don't care about some radio host..

It's religions that bash gays not republicans. Not all republicans are religious.

I wouldn't be surprised if gays were the ones that hassled him for being republican.

That's my guess. Has a single rightwinger started a thread on this? Especially emphasizing that he was GAY?

Certainly no woman, no black person, no Hispanic person, no pro choice person, no gay person is allowed to be Republican or support a Republican. They will be ruthlessly demonized and criticized and ridiculed and made a poster boy or girl for some derogatory concept.

Nobody is allowed to wander off the liberal plantation with impunity.

The guy didn't quit today because the gays or the left was complaining.

He quit because Right Wing religous nutters complained about him.

I feel for the guy. It's ridiculous that just one aspect of who he is should be perceived as the only important thing about him.

He went out of his way to make that the one important thing about him. He was a vociferous proponent for gay marriage rights. That was his claim to fame.

So when a media article says somone is "openly gay", it is like this:

GAY: Hi, I work for Romney, and did I tell you I was gay?

VOTER: Uh. Okay. So why should I vote for Romney?

GAY: Because I'm gay, that's why! By the way...did I tell you I am gay?

Imagine a newspaper article talking about a political operative who is "openly black." The media is a manipulating partner in all of this, too.

Washington D.C. is as gay as San Francisco. The media and congressional staff in DC are overflowing with gays. They have been accepted there by Right and Left for a long time. This "openly gay" crap is for the consumption of the rubes in Iowa.

Except that he really didn't do that.

Grenell was hired because of his experience working for Bush and Bolton. And frankly, Romney needs it. His only foreign policy expreience is finding desperate people in third world slums to take jobs away from Americans.

Until Bryan Fischer and his right wing nutters complained, and Romney bent over.

"Okay Mitt, get everyone back in line now. Let's pretend none of this very enbarassing event ever took place."

How dare you hire a Gay Man!

New Topics

Forum List

Back