Missouri was already on an NAACP no travel advisory...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
...the results have been so devastating that I had no idea it had even happened until I read this five minutes ago... 🤷‍♂️

"The state of Missouri is no longer the only state with an NAACP travel advisory warning impacting its tourism industry.

The NAACP on Saturday issued a travel advisory for Florida over Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis’ “aggressive attempts to erase Black history and to restrict diversity, equity and inclusion programs" in the state's schools, the organization said in a statement."

"The Missouri chapter of the NAACP had issued an advisory in 2017, urging Black people “to travel with extreme CAUTION” because “race, gender and color based crimes have a long history” in the state."

...and nobody cared...

...the results have been so devastating that I had no idea it had even happened until I read this five minutes ago... 🤷‍♂️

"The state of Missouri is no longer the only state with an NAACP travel advisory warning impacting its tourism industry.

The NAACP on Saturday issued a travel advisory for Florida over Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis’ “aggressive attempts to erase Black history and to restrict diversity, equity and inclusion programs" in the state's schools, the organization said in a statement."

I never heard of it either,,,,

Screenshot_20230525-202036-621.png

43 million visitors to a state with a population of 7 million...the article in the OP is playing fast and loose with the descriptor of the NAACP warning "impacting" tourism.

!!! WARNING - This link is a pdf file !!!

Last edited:

But no travel advisory for Arkansas?

---At the library in Harrison, lots of people seem to know Thom Robb, a pleasant-looking, middle-aged fellow who runs the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan.---

"The Missouri chapter of the NAACP had issued an advisory in 2017, urging Black people “to travel with extreme CAUTION” because “race, gender and color based crimes have a long history” in the state."

...and nobody cared...
Nobody gave a travel advisory to Clark Griswold.

Forum List

Back