Missouri medical school may lose accreditation for being too white

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
upload_2017-4-30_11-4-11.png

The University of Missouri School of Medicine is facing the loss of its accreditation because they have too many white students and faculty.

Missouri Medical School May Lose Accreditation For Being Too White
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you are to white, too white for this to white for that if you can't see colleges indoctrinating the kids of today then probably you can consider yourself as part of America's problem.

Without whites blacks would cease to exist......look what happens in Africa when they run white farmers out. But whites get no respect from liberals...

LCME Accreditation Standards
MS-8.
Each medical school should have policies and practices ensuring the gender, racial, cultural, and economic diversity of its students.

The standard requires that each school's student body exhibit diversity in the dimensions noted. The extent of diversity needed will depend on the school's missions, goals, and educational objectives, expectations of the community in which it operates, and its implied or explicit social contract at the local, state, and national levels.

FA-1.
The recruitment and development of a medical school's faculty should take into account its mission, the diversity of its student body, and the population that it serves.
FUNCTIONS AND STRUCTURE OF A MEDICAL SCHOOL -- Standards for Accreditation of Medical Education Programs Leading to the MD Degree

There is no denying the LCME considers diversity in both the student body and faculty as factors that contribute to a medical school being "good." One may disagree, but the fact is that those two dimensions of a med school are among the many that the LCME have defined. I realize that some people may think that meeting accreditation standards is something that med schools can "cherry pick," but they are not. Meeting standards means meeting all of them, not merely the ones that suit one to meet. That's a key aspect -- the notion of "getting it all right" and done in full accordance with the expectations defined for performing a given task or earning a given accolade -- that distinguishes professionals and professions from people and things that are neither.

I've shared an illustration of how the concept of "getting it all right" manifests itself in practical sense. The example I used was the performance evaluation system in my professional services firm. The ratings are "exceeds expectations," "meets expectations," and "fails to meet expectations." Do the expectations change, the "bar" rise, over time? Absolutely, and one must "step up" as that happens....or not, in which case one can work elsewhere. The individual gets to make the decision of whether they'll "step up" or not.

New Topics

Forum List

Back