Mississippi & Louisiana Join Refusal to Honor Same Sex "Marriage"

the people in a state should be hounding their state Representatives to FOLLOW these states lead. fight fire with fire. this supreme court just took away YOUR SAY on this and overstepped YOUR state rights. you need to wake up

I don't care who marries who or if they want to marry a goat. this is about the Supreme court taking away your states rights and your rights in a state

Right- the Supreme Court just took away your right to deny a same gender couple a marriage license.

Oh wait- you never had that right.......

Your rights are the same today as they were on Thursday.

Not if progressives can help it.

The Constitution rules and not the Bible.

Your interp of the Bible is wrong. Sil, you lost. Get over it. It's done.

I love how progs think this is "over" when Roe V Wade was over 40 years ago, and the abortion debate is still alive and well.

I love how progs think this is "over" when Roe V Wade was over 40 years ago, and the abortion debate is still alive and well.

Of course Wade is settled...that's why people march on SCOTUS every year to remind them not to unsettle it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Several states have hemmed it in on several fronts. Getting an abortion now is not as easy as it was ten years ago (in some states).

Of course Wade is settled...that's why people march on SCOTUS every year to remind them not to unsettle it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Several states have hemmed it in on several fronts. Getting an abortion now is not as easy as it was ten years ago (in some states).

It's not settled in a Clausewitzian sense, the conflict that led to the decision is still being fought, with sizable groups of people supporting both sides.

If it was "settled" you wouldn't have the continuing lawsuits and protests you still see today.

Is this the same supreme court that ruled as recently as 1986 that sex between gay and lesbian couples was illegal?

Roe is settled. That abortions are more difficult to get is a good thing, imo. I think 12 weeks as a cut off and only for rape, incest, or the life health of the mother.

Roe is settled. That abortions are more difficult to get is a good thing, imo. I think 12 weeks as a cut off and only for rape, incest, or the life health of the mother.

If it settled why is there still a considerable movement to overturn it?

It's in force, its not settled. To be settled an amendment would have to be passed to actually put it in the document, not as part of an overturnable decision. And even then it wouldn't be settled.

Is this the same supreme court that ruled as recently as 1986 that sex between gay and lesbian couples was illegal?

No, think there is a whole new set of judges

Scalia may have been around back then......looks like something he would support

the people in a state should be hounding their state Representatives to FOLLOW these states lead. fight fire with fire. this supreme court just took away YOUR SAY on this and overstepped YOUR state rights. you need to wake up

I don't care who marries who or if they want to marry a goat. this is about the Supreme court taking away your states rights and your rights in a state

Right- the Supreme Court just took away your right to deny a same gender couple a marriage license.

Oh wait- you never had that right.......

Your rights are the same today as they were on Thursday.

Not if progressives can help it.

Despite the whining and wailing of whacky Conservatives- your rights are the same today as they were on Thursday.

Feel free to post your imaginary rights violations for our amusement though.

It's in force, its not settled. To be settled an amendment would have to be passed to actually put it in the document, not as part of an overturnable decision. And even then it wouldn't be settled.

Citizens United is settled- even though there is a considerable movement to overturn it.

An amendment would not 'settle' the issue- it just means that fewer people would disagree- there will always be disagreement.

To this day- the issue of 'mixed race marriage' is not settled- there are still people who are against mixed race marriage.

Citizens United is settled- even though there is a considerable movement to overturn it.

An amendment would not 'settle' the issue- it just means that fewer people would disagree- there will always be disagreement.

To this day- the issue of 'mixed race marriage' is not settled- there are still people who are against mixed race marriage.

The number of people who are against mixed raced marriage so much they would ban it via government action is tiny enough that we could call the matter "settled". Even if people don't like it, most of them don't want to do anything about it except sneer at it and maybe disown their kids if one of them ever enters into one.

For abortion, you have a sizable portion of our country that would LOVE to overturn Roe v. Wade (including ironically, Roe).

They're claiming delay but may also be testing the waters have picked up momentum in Texas, Kentucky and Alabama

Texas, Kentucky and Alabama already conceded that they will honor the USSC ruling.

You're in the bargaining and denial phase of your loss. Where you are trying to convince yourself of elaborate comforting lies. The reality is far simpler and colder:

You lost.
AG Paxton State workers can deny licenses to same-sex couples News - Home
seem the right doesn't know the difference between can and will or do.

Figures I'd have to explain this to you.

Your dumbass friend stated Texas has conceded and will honor the SCOTUS ruling. I just showed that not to be true.
Try reading your link. All that asshole general Paxton did was tell clerks that they might have the right to refuse to issue a license personally, but that they could still be sued if no one else in the office did. He did not tell them to ignore the Court ruling and did not state that it was not binding on the state. Most clerks are doing their jobs. Apparently, they have a better understanding of the separation of church and state than their AG

Texas, Kentucky and Alabama already conceded that they will honor the USSC ruling.

Really? That's how you interpreted the Texas AG's announcement to public officials who want to for sake of religious reasons, refuse to grant permits or participate in any way in "gay marriage"?
How else would you interpret an announcement that the law allows the issuance of licenses to gay couples but that a clerk just might be able to refuse a license as long as someone else in the office does and the clerk understands he might be sued for doing so?

OK, don't learn. But LA parishes will and are honoring the law in issuing licenses. By next week, full compliance will be in order.

They're claiming delay but may also be testing the waters have picked up momentum in Texas, Kentucky and Alabama

You're in the bargaining and denial phase of your loss. Where you are trying to convince yourself of elaborate comforting lies. The reality is far simpler and colder:

You lost.
AG Paxton State workers can deny licenses to same-sex couples News - Home

Sure. Paxton is an idiot, and even he said the ones who ignore the order will probably end up paying fines.

really? so who's going to make that rule? they have to pay a fine. Can you get any more Fascist over all this? A STATE makes it's OWN LAWS. period
Google "Supremacy Clause"

Forum List

Back