Missing Texas 14-year-old mistakenly deported

But some shylock jewish lawyer like Jillian will sue the government on the girls behalf.

And she will win millions of dollars of our tax payers money. :evil:

If that were my kid I would sue, teenagers do stupid shit all the time, if we are going to deport all the teens who make bad decisions we will end up with 15 teens left in the whole country.
No, the parents need to take responsibility for their kids behavior not the government.

If I was the judge I would throw the case out of court.

And jump all over the parents for raising such a piece of trash kid. :evil:

Sometimes its not that easy, I have met kids who turned out to be total trash drug addicts whose parents were Doctors and Lawyers, some of the finest people you would ever meet.

They took this girls word that her name was Selena Gomez and she was apparently a Black Colombian illegal who didn't speak a word of Spanish, why should the authorities question an illegal who says his name is Billy Bob? why should they try to prove the identity of the Hispanic when they didn't even bother with the Black girl? you can't have it both ways, you either identify the people you have in custody or just take their word for everyone across the board.

It's called a statement against interest. It's saying something that a person who didn't commit that act woud not normally say.

A person here legally would not normally lie about their identity giving a name closely associated with a class of persons known to be here illegally. The difference is, someone might lie about their identity to get a benefit but would not lie about their identity to get a detriment when they are entitled to the benefit. The state of the law is, and it's the real state of the law, not what we wish it to be. People to be deported will be asked their names. Whatever name they provide will be accepted as their true name. They will be deported under that name. If they claim to be legal citizens they will be required to produce identification to prove that. They are not asked to produce identification to prove they are here illegally. If they admit to being here illegally, that will not be questioned further.

The girl didn't admit to being here illegally, she used the name of a person she did not know was illegal. Her actions were stupid, but deporting an American citizen to Colombia is just reckless. You need to be 100% sure the person you are deporting is not an American citizen, are you seriously disagreeing with me on this? :confused:

I have to! The onus is not on the authorities to prove that a deportee is not a citizen. It just isn't. That's a fact. At what point did this girl say "Hey I was lying before. Don't deport me, this is who I really am." There are hundreds of deportees every day. Most of whom self-identify. No one argues with them. No one says "No you're not".

I think that what you are trying to say is that the authorities SHOULD be required to independently verify that someone who self-identifies as an illegal isn't really illegal. They aren't. Numerically speaking alone, it would be impossible to conduct that kind of negative investigation IF it could be done. I don't think it can be done. At least not with ordinary reasonable efforts. Think about it. Someone gives their name as Selena Gomez, any investigation is going to be about Selena Gomez. It's going to prove that Selena Gomez is an illegal alien under a deportation order. No one is going to do any investigation to prove that Selena Gomez is really La Shonda Jackson a runaway. Not unless someone comes forward, including La Shonda herself to say so.

There are only two ways to resolve this, both required the action of the girl herself. One is to say "I was lying. I'm not Selena Gomez. Here's my name and address." The other one is to say "I'm Selena Gomez, but not that Selena Gomez. Here's my address, my mother's name and where I go to school". In EITHER of those cases, either one, once the girl told the truth her identification would be able to be run through the National Databse of Missing Children and she woud have been on her way home. There's no national data base of American citizens.

So I have to disagree with you.

It's called a statement against interest. It's saying something that a person who didn't commit that act woud not normally say.

A person here legally would not normally lie about their identity giving a name closely associated with a class of persons known to be here illegally. The difference is, someone might lie about their identity to get a benefit but would not lie about their identity to get a detriment when they are entitled to the benefit. The state of the law is, and it's the real state of the law, not what we wish it to be. People to be deported will be asked their names. Whatever name they provide will be accepted as their true name. They will be deported under that name. If they claim to be legal citizens they will be required to produce identification to prove that. They are not asked to produce identification to prove they are here illegally. If they admit to being here illegally, that will not be questioned further.

The girl didn't admit to being here illegally, she used the name of a person she did not know was illegal. Her actions were stupid, but deporting an American citizen to Colombia is just reckless. You need to be 100% sure the person you are deporting is not an American citizen, are you seriously disagreeing with me on this? :confused:

I have to! The onus is not on the authorities to prove that a deportee is not a citizen. It just isn't. That's a fact. At what point did this girl say "Hey I was lying before. Don't deport me, this is who I really am." There are hundreds of deportees every day. Most of whom self-identify. No one argues with them. No one says "No you're not".

I think that what you are trying to say is that the authorities SHOULD be required to independently verify that someone who self-identifies as an illegal isn't really illegal. They aren't. Numerically speaking alone, it would be impossible to conduct that kind of negative investigation IF it could be done. I don't think it can be done. At least not with ordinary reasonable efforts. Think about it. Someone gives their name as Selena Gomez, any investigation is going to be about Selena Gomez. It's going to prove that Selena Gomez is an illegal alien under a deportation order. No one is going to do any investigation to prove that Selena Gomez is really La Shonda Jackson a runaway. Not unless someone comes forward, including La Shonda herself to say so.

There are only two ways to resolve this, both required the action of the girl herself. One is to say "I was lying. I'm not Selena Gomez. Here's my name and address." The other one is to say "I'm Selena Gomez, but not that Selena Gomez. Here's my address, my mother's name and where I go to school". In EITHER of those cases, either one, once the girl told the truth her identification would be able to be run through the National Databse of Missing Children and she woud have been on her way home. There's no national data base of American citizens.

So I have to disagree with you.

I'm sorry I just can't agree with that, this kid was stupid, broke some laws and obviously has a troubled family history from the looks of things, but she did not deserve to be deported to a fucking foreign country. She deserved to be punished here in the US. I cannot believe that when the authorities arrest someone and start the process for deportation, that they do not have to verify 100% that this person is not an American citizen, I just cannot believe that, how could the authorities just take the word of someone who just commited a crime? people use fake names and aliases all the time, but I always assumed the authorities were double checking these, is this not the case? :confused:

I'm sorry I just can't agree with that, this kid was stupid, broke some laws and obviously has a troubled family history from the looks of things, but she did not deserve to be deported to a fucking foreign country. She deserved to be punished here in the US. I cannot believe that when the authorities arrest someone and start the process for deportation, that they do not have to verify 100% that this person is not an American citizen, I just cannot believe that, how could the authorities just take the word of someone who just commited a crime? people use fake names and aliases all the time, but I always assumed the authorities were double checking these, is this not the case? :confused:

It is the case. That the kid was initially held/arrested/jailed on the warrant is problematic on its own.

I agree with everything you say. She didn't deserve to be deported to a foreign country. She would not have been had she not lied. You aren't understanding. There is no way to double check if there isn't anything to check! Give them something to check, the authorities are happy to double check. I'm listening to the entire report of this right now. She not only lied initially, she went all the way through the court system lying. She attended deportation hearings under her alias. This didn't happen in a matter of hours.

According to the report, the girl got a job in Colombia as a maid or houscleaner. Her parents found her through facebook. AFTER she was deported, she kept the alias, never contacted her parents, and has started adapting. Here is the current situation. She has kept her alias. She continues to identify herself as her alias Her parents are fighting to bring her back to the US. Colombia has refused to send her back. She does not have (and never has had) an American passport. She now has identification under her assumed name as a Colombian citizen. Evidently they aren't too picky about birth certificates. She is CONTINUING to lie and Colombia is choosing to believe her. She has appealed to whatever passes for a judicial system to stay. Colombia agrees and will not let the US, snatch what to all intents and puposes is a Colombian citizen off the streets and sent to the US when she doesn't want to go. In this isolated instance, which is out of the ordinary, I can't say that she didn't deserve to be deported. Apparently it might have been part of her plan.

Let her stay there. She can keep the little job she has, continue to post on facebook and her parents can check in every now and then. Obviously being deported to Colombia was something she wanted to do all along and found this method of getting out of the country as a minor quite clever.

I agree with everything you say. She didn't deserve to be deported to a foreign country. She would not have been had she not lied. You aren't understanding. There is no way to double check if there isn't anything to check! Give them something to check, the authorities are happy to double check. I'm listening to the entire report of this right now. She not only lied initially, she went all the way through the court system lying. She attended deportation hearings under her alias. This didn't happen in a matter of hours.

According to the report, the girl got a job in Colombia as a maid or houscleaner. Her parents found her through facebook. AFTER she was deported, she kept the alias, never contacted her parents, and has started adapting. Here is the current situation. She has kept her alias. She continues to identify herself as her alias Her parents are fighting to bring her back to the US. Colombia has refused to send her back. She does not have (and never has had) an American passport. She now has identification under her assumed name as a Colombian citizen. Evidently they aren't too picky about birth certificates. She is CONTINUING to lie and Colombia is choosing to believe her. She has appealed to whatever passes for a judicial system to stay. Colombia agrees and will not let the US, snatch what to all intents and puposes is a Colombian citizen off the streets and sent to the US when she doesn't want to go. In this isolated instance, which is out of the ordinary, I can't say that she didn't deserve to be deported. Apparently it might have been part of her plan.

Let her stay there. She can keep the little job she has, continue to post on facebook and her parents can check in every now and then. Obviously being deported to Colombia was something she wanted to do all along and found this method of getting out of the country as a minor quite clever.

If there really isn't anything to check this is bad because anyone can lie about their identity to the authorities, like I said before an illegal alien can EASILY just lie and say he or she is born here, even without papers like you said there is nothing to check, obviously even if they can't speak English that doesn't fuckin matter cause this girl couldn't speak Spanish, if we are really at the point where we are just taking people at their word in the criminal justice system we are FUCKED.

Let her stay there. She can keep the little job she has, continue to post on facebook and her parents can check in every now and then. Obviously being deported to Colombia was something she wanted to do all along and found this method of getting out of the country as a minor quite clever

Wow, maybe her life was so fucked up here, she actually wanted to go to Colombia, hell if the Colombians are ok with it, let her stay. Theres obviously ALOT of issues with that girl and her family here in the US.

If there really isn't anything to check this is bad because anyone can lie about their identity to the authorities, like I said before an illegal alien can EASILY just lie and say he or she is born here, even without papers like you said there is nothing to check, obviously even if they can't speak English that doesn't fuckin matter cause this girl couldn't speak Spanish, if we are really at the point where we are just taking people at their word in the criminal justice system we are FUCKED.

If you say you are a citizen there IS something to check! At any time she could have given them something to check. If someone is here illegally, of course there is no paper trail and nothing to check. She didn't want to.

A friend of mine was dating a guy from Australia. He was here legally and had a green card. She got pregnant and he got mad. He wasn't going to pay child support. He either had no money to go back to Australia or didn't want to spend it if he had it. He went to INS, it was INS at the time and turned himself in as an illegal alien. He never disclosed that he was here legally, never told anyone he had a green card. No one ever double checked to see if he was lying. The only checking was to find out if he was wanted as a criminal, was trying to jump bail or a parolee. He wasn't so he was put on Quantas and sent home courtesy of the taxpayer.

If someone claims to be here legally, they can check that. If someome claims to be here illegally, there's virtually no way to check that.

If you say you are a citizen there IS something to check! At any time she could have given them something to check. If someone is here illegally, of course there is no paper trail and nothing to check. She didn't want to.

I'm beginning to think she wanted to leave, she should have had plenty of time to make it known she was a citizen before she boarded that plane to Colombia. I have a feeling once she found out they were sending her there, she said nothing and went, the only problem I have with this is she essentially just switched identities with the Colombian illegal who is STILL living here, while this girl is living on her name in Colombia, wow what a fuckin mess.:eek:

A friend of mine was dating a guy from Australia. He was here legally and had a green card. She got pregnant and he got mad. He wasn't going to pay child support. He either had no money to go back to Australia or didn't want to spend it if he had it. He went to INS, it was INS at the time and turned himself in as an illegal alien. He never disclosed that he was here legally, never told anyone he had a green card. No one ever double checked to see if he was lying. The only checking was to find out if he was wanted as a criminal, was trying to jump bail or a parolee. He wasn't so he was put on Quantas and sent home courtesy of the taxpayer.

If someone claims to be here legally, they can check that. If someome claims to be here illegally, there's virtually no way to check that.

Thats not right, you mean to tell me we are going off of peoples word what their status is in this country? wow no wonder we are so behind the curb when it comes to illegals, we are so fucked.:(

Overlooking the several issues raised in this thread, about ICE not doing there job or the girl being Black (fyi there are blacks in south america, and if raised in the U.S. may not speak spanish); but why say they deported her without a passport like it's some major deal, is it typical for ICE to create passports for Illegal Aliens before they deport them? The girl made the bigger mistakes, she had the power in her hands to not be deported.

martinsamerica.com

Thats not right, you mean to tell me we are going off of peoples word what their status is in this country? wow no wonder we are so behind the curb when it comes to illegals, we are so fucked.:(

If it's any comfort, we only take their word when they say they are here illegally. Otherwise, they check plenty. Ask any immigration lawyer.

Overlooking the several issues raised in this thread, about ICE not doing there job or the girl being Black (fyi there are blacks in south america, and if raised in the U.S. may not speak spanish); but why say they deported her without a passport like it's some major deal, is it typical for ICE to create passports for Illegal Aliens before they deport them? The girl made the bigger mistakes, she had the power in her hands to not be deported.

martinsamerica.com

I have known hundreds if hispanic illegals. Not a single one has had a passport. The ONLY importance a passport might have is to establish her identity as an American citizen. It woud be extremely unlikely that Colombia could refuse to send her back if she had an American passport.

I don't have a passport!

martinsamerica.com

I have known hundreds if hispanic illegals. Not a single one has had a passport. The ONLY importance a passport might have is to establish her identity as an American citizen. It woud be extremely unlikely that Colombia could refuse to send her back if she had an American passport.

I don't have a passport!

I do because I applied for some contractor jobs overseas which required me to have a passport on hand, however I know that most Americans that do not travel will not have passports, however there has to be a system to identify people, like fingerprints, when I was in 5th grade the police department came by and finger printed all of us, I am assuming these finger prints went into some database somewhere? I just can't accept the fact that we are taking people at their word for who they are, thats what third world shit holes like Sudan and Yemen do because they don't know any better and they don't have the technology to do anything even if they tried.

martinsamerica.com

If this was a white blonde hair blue eyed white girl from Iowa deported to Colombia, would you be this calm about it? I doubt it very much. And yes, they do have white people from Colombia as well, with blonde hair and blue eyes.

If it's any comfort, we only take their word when they say they are here illegally. Otherwise, they check plenty. Ask any immigration lawyer.

I don't like taking anyones word, so basically an American who commits a crime and faces a lengthy jail sentence, can lie and say he is here illegally from Colombia and Guatamala and get sent back there? :confused:

Forum List

Back