Missing Bride To Be Found Alive

Mr. P said:
Nahhh...I've seen many pics here locally..she really is cute. But then, I do need glasses... :)

Huh. I pictured you as already having glasses. :funnyface:

I feel so bad for her poor fiancee who was under the microscope on this. Can you imagine what he was going through?!! Negotiating lie detector tests and the media scrutiny? She is selfish and doesn't deserve a guy like him. He didn't strike me as a Scott Peterson at all,but that thought is always in the back of your head. He say he just felt like he was in a daze while she was missing.

Shattered said:
I think she should be fined as well.. We had some college kid here in Wi. stage their own kidnapping to get attention.. They nailed her left and right with fines.. I'm not sure if she served any jail time, but she should have.
The media will torture her for years----and we'll have to listen to all this crap.

krisy said:
.... He say he just felt like he was in a daze while she was missing.
LOL...I was in a daze the week before my wedding too, and SHE showed UP. To this day I just can't shake it. I just don't know what got into me, things have never been the same. :teeth:

dilloduck said:
and "blind". He's gonna marry her anyway I bet and is in for one wild ride and I ain't talking about the fun kind.
First ingredient for a divorce ...... marry a selfish person with mental problems
Add a lot of blind love
Let it simmer for a few years.....

The irony of this is that she'll probably the one that walks out on him and he'll be begging for her to come back.....

What a sorry case, I hope that they don't have any kids!

Please read what her dad said. I totally understand and sympathize with him. This gal is a spoiled little brat, and it's time for tough love, although a little late.
http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s2i8156
Jennifer Wilbanks: “I hate those big Georgia weddings!”

Jennifer: "Even Greyhound is more exciting than John!"
DULUTH, GEORGIA (AP) Jennifer Wilbanks was supposed to get married to John Mason this weekend, but instead got on a Greyhound bus and traveled across the country. “I always liked those long trips on the Greyhound,” says Jennifer. “My family is pretty well-off and they always travel by plane, but I like Greyhound. Sitting for hours and hours on a cramped bus gives me time to sort out things in my life. I was supposed to get married to John Mason and have a big wedding with hundreds of guests and 14 bridesmaids and 14 groomsmen, but I chickened out and ran. I’ve always been pretty good at running.”

John Mason was left in Duluth this past week having no idea what happened to his pretty fiancé and was being hounded by the police to take a lie detector test to clear him from suspicion of foul play. “Now I don’t know if Jennifer was afraid of big weddings or if she was just not wanting to marry me. I just don’t understand… who wouldn’t want to marry into a family of lawyers?”

Jennifer’s father, Harris Wilbanks spoke to reporters after hearing that his daughter was found alive in Albuquerque. “This is costing me a bundle! I laid out all that money for flowers, the caterer, the band, the gown, and a million other things. I won’t be able to get a dime back…. And to top it off, I’ll probably have to wind up driving out to *&^%(%# Albuquerque to pick Jennifer up. I probably ought to just leave her there and make her take the bus home!”

At Greyhound company headquarters, officials were busy this morning trying to come up with a TV ad to capitalize on all the publicity. “We’ve contacted Jennifer Willbanks and she has agreed to appear in a series of TV ads for Greyhound. We’re thinking about having her shown in a fancy wedding gown on one of our buses. We think we can work in a shot of her going down the isle and then into the little bathroom at the back of the bus. We’re not sure if we can contract with John Mason to appear in the ads. Jennifer is going to be the new focal point for our Greyhound Bus advertising campaign.”

dilloduck said:
The media will torture her for years----and we'll have to listen to all this crap.

Let the torture begin. She deserves it!

Sounds like she has gotten away with being responsible for her actions by just doing some kind of escapism. This time it's coming back to bite her in the @#$%!!!

Poor little rich girl, can't face up to things........awe.

The Fiancee', and her parents, really got a @#$% job done on them.

Gretta Van Sustren from Fox asked her Fiancee' when she first disappeared if she was known to disappear this way. Her Fiancee', said that he didn't think so. Hopefully he wasn't in denial too.

Eightball said:
Let the torture begin. She deserves it!

Sounds like she has gotten away with being responsible for her actions by just doing some kind of escapism. This time it's coming back to bite her in the @#$%!!!

Poor little rich girl, can't face up to things........awe.

The Fiancee', and her parents, really got a @#$% job done on them.

Gretta Van Sustren from Fox asked her Fiancee' when she first disappeared if she was known to disappear this way. Her Fiancee', said that he didn't think so. Hopefully he wasn't in denial too.
She'll suffer---don't worry--no need for anyone to add to it.

My secretary and I were talking about this yesterday and I told her that I bet she ran away. When I heard there were going to be 14 bride's maids, a huge wedding, etc. the first thing that popped into my mind was that this is one of those small southern town weddings where this was a BIG deal and the pressure was too high for her to handle. Apparently both families are pretty well-off and "pillars" of the community, so I imagine the stress from all sides was very high. That is no excuse though as what usually goes along with families like this is spoiled brats, which she obviously has proven to be. If she was scared, she shoulda just said something instead of causing all this crap.

dilloduck said:
I wonder how many are wishing they had run like hell before they got married.
Considering that there are about 1.5 million divorces each year in this country alone.....

I'd say about 30 or 40 million

freeandfun1 said:
My secretary and I were talking about this yesterday and I told her that I bet she ran away. When I heard there were going to be 14 bride's maids, a huge wedding, etc. the first thing that popped into my mind was that this is one of those small southern town weddings where this was a BIG deal and the pressure was too high for her to handle. Apparently both families are pretty well-off and "pillars" of the community, so I imagine the stress from all sides was very high. That is no excuse though as what usually goes along with families like this is spoiled brats, which she obviously has proven to be. If she was scared, she shoulda just said something instead of causing all this crap.

Q: What did she say when her fiance blew in her ear?

A: "Thanks for the refill!!!"

Mr. P said:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Free...This girl lives in a part of metro Atlanta, not to small really..

I know Duluth isn't *that* small, I just mean within their church, community, etc. I think you might get my jist.

Mr. P said:
Nope missed the jest...The church is pretty darn big too...

I didn't say "The Church", I said, "their church". Their community is the community in which they exist. That does not mean the town, that means their "circles". I know you like to be combative, but hey, that's not my problem. It was clear what I meant.

The next question is this:

How long before the media starts saying she is a victim because either 1) he is really an overbearing guy or 2) women should have to endure the pressures put on them in regards to marriage.

It won't be long I bet.

freeandfun1 said:
I didn't say "The Church", I said, "their church". Their community is the community in which they exist. That does not mean the town, that means their "circles". I know you like to be combative, but hey, that's not my problem. It was clear what I meant.

How long before the media starts saying she is a victim because either 1) he is really an overbearing guy or 2) women should have to endure the pressures put on them in regards to marriage.

It won't be long I bet.
Of course, the oppressive patriarchy has struck again! And marriage is an instrument of the oppressive male patriarchy that it uses to exploit women. Thus is the basis of much of the divorce industry in this country.

Or more to the point, when will we get to see the made for TV movie? Hey, remember the female teacher that had sex with a 14 year old boy, went to jail and had two kids by him? Remember that she got out, then was allowed to marry him? Guess what? They just signed a movie and book deal.... now we'll get to learn all the grusome details about this pedophilic sex stalker and how she was victimized by the system.....

All I gotta say is, if the teacher was a guy and the student was a girl, he would have been fried, julienned, a left out to dry (as he should have been).... and I doubt there would have been a book deal!

Why are we glorifying low life scrum like these?

freeandfun1 said:

It won't be long I bet.
The only thing I'm sure of is the media will make it what they want to make it..Whatever sells the longest.

I've been listening to some of the chatter regarding filing charges and seeking reparations for the actions of the "runaway bride" and it's raised a lot of questions for me. It appears that some Americans are angry that she did not follow the "proper protocol" for expressing her anxiety about her upcoming wedding and basically just stupid. Much is made of the fact that she is good looking and comes from a wealthy famiy and I wonder how much envy comes into play when she is bombarded with criticism
I'm not saying that there weren't better ways for her to handle her fears however no one knows what she had tried already to slow things down a bit, only to be forced into going ahead with it by dominating family members from both sides. Maybe she just didn't have the skills to "gracefully" delay something she was unsure of. "She's 34--she shoulda known better!", I hear. Well i know plenty of folks over 30 that can't find their asses with both hands so that excuse is a bit lame too.
I'm not condoning her actions by any means but am a bit appalled by the amount of vitriol being expressed at her. Perhaps people would like her better if she had been killed.
Seeking reparations is a great idea as long as we also seek reparations form EVERYONE who has done something criminal or just plain stupid (in our eyes) that cost taxpayers millions of dollars. I bet we could pay off the national debt in a year if we could collect it.
the lesson?------if you want to get away from it all for awhile, be sure to leave a note or you will be raked over the coals for scaring people into spending thousands of dollars looking for you even if you don't want to be found.

Forum List

Back