Missing Bride To Be Found Alive

dilloduck said:
I've been listening to some of the chatter regarding filing charges and seeking reparations for the actions of the "runaway bride" and it's raised a lot of questions for me. It appears that some Americans are angry that she did not follow the "proper protocol" for expressing her anxiety about her upcoming wedding and basically just stupid. Much is made of the fact that she is good looking and comes from a wealthy famiy and I wonder how much envy comes into play when she is bombarded with criticism
I'm not saying that there weren't better ways for her to handle her fears however no one knows what she had tried already to slow things down a bit, only to be forced into going ahead with it by dominating family members from both sides. Maybe she just didn't have the skills to "gracefully" delay something she was unsure of. "She's 34--she shoulda known better!", I hear. Well i know plenty of folks over 30 that can't find their asses with both hands so that excuse is a bit lame too.
I'm not condoning her actions by any means but am a bit appalled by the amount of vitriol being expressed at her. Perhaps people would like her better if she had been killed.
Seeking reparations is a great idea as long as we also seek reparations form EVERYONE who has done something criminal or just plain stupid (in our eyes) that cost taxpayers millions of dollars. I bet we could pay off the national debt in a year if we could collect it.
the lesson?------if you want to get away from it all for awhile, be sure to leave a note or you will be raked over the coals for scaring people into spending thousands of dollars looking for you even if you don't want to be found.

thats true, but not everone lied and said they were abducted by a hispanic male and white woman with a "small gun". how many people could that have "inconvenienced" with that one? Jessies sister married a hispanic male, they have guns and a van...
charge and fine her, let it slip off the radar. (although i feel we'll hear about this one for a while)

Johnney said:
thats true, but not everone lied and said they were abducted by a hispanic male and white woman with a "small gun". how many people could that have "inconvenienced" with that one? Jessies sister married a hispanic male, they have guns and a van...
charge and fine her, let it slip off the radar. (although i feel we'll hear about this one for a while)

No but people have done even more stupid things than that and weren't charged for all the money wasted getting them out of their self-induced jam.
Just think of the consequences of charging everyone who wastes tax money by being stupid !!!

dilloduck said:
No but people have done even more stupid things than that and weren't charged for all the money wasted getting them out of their self-induced jam.
Just think of the consequences of charging everyone who wastes tax money by being stupid !!!
we could call it a stupid tax

Johnney said:
we could call it a stupid tax

Exactly !!!----and we could have the "stupid" cops and the "stupid" jury etc etc. The law enforcement and legal systems could buy some real neat cars and robes and stuff !!
You could even get a raise if you caught a real rich person doing stupid things !!!

Some of that money could be used to purchase, and donate a pair of updated glasses to Mr. P. That woman's fugly.

I heard on the radio this morning that she was engaged to someone else 5 years ago.

Guess what happened then?

She ran away from that one too.

Issues...party of one....

GotZoom said:
I heard on the radio this morning that she was engaged to someone else 5 years ago.

Guess what happened then?

She ran away from that one too.

Issues...party of one....

Hell---lets sue her for that one too !!!

Dillo, I understand an agree with you on this...the problem is she did make a false report of a crime..which is a crime.
For that she should be held accountable..IMO

Mr. P said:
Dillo, I understand an agree with you on this...the problem is she did make a false report of a crime..which is a crime.
For that she should be held accountable..IMO

false report-yes
sueing her for everything else is stupid

Mr. P said:
Haven't heard anyone is sueing her yet...

taking action in civil courts--whatever you want to call it
The American mob wants it and the prosecutors are considering it.

Treat her like everybody else. Charge her with filing a false police report.

Then plea bargain it out. Restitution for costs of the search and if she keeps her nose clean for X years, then her record can be wiped clean.

GotZoom said:
Treat her like everybody else. Charge her with filing a false police report.

Then plea bargain it out. Restitution for costs of the search and if she keeps her nose clean for X years, then her record can be wiped clean.

Agree. The 'search' cost between 60-$100k, if they could afford a lavish wedding, they can afford this and her and the naive one can elope.

Mr. P said:
Key here...I know the local DA is...we'll see what happens..he's after crime, not restitution..
Either way---if you carry this out to it's logical conclusion, we ARE adding a tax on top of committing a crime with the motives being quite suspicious. Are we going to arbitrarily decide who we want to bleed for extra bucks due to the stupidity of the crime or how angry we are at the person who committed it? If they found her dead would her family pay the bill for her being so stupid as to jog alone at night?

Kathianne said:
Agree. The 'search' cost between 60-$100k, if they could afford a lavish wedding, they can afford this and her and the naive one can elope.

right----bleed the rich ones !!! :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back