Miss Anything?

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
I miss some stuff from my childhood. My grandma made some sort of dish of pressed cucumbers in vinegar and mayo dish that was just heavenly.

I also miss the chinese lantern flowers that used to grow wild near the Genessee River -- I have never, ever seen them since.

Chinese%20Lanterns%20tn.jpg

I used to long for lilac perfume, but I have finally found a source for that again.

Anything you miss and cannot find?

I miss many things, however this is not the forum do discuss it :LOL:

Newby, this is not the thread for that.

BTW, doesn't anyone have my Grandma's recipe for that cucumber dish?

Madeline,
I have a sour cream cucumber recipe;
2 cucumbers thinly sliced
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup dairy sour cream or mayo
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Combine the cucumbers and onion. Stir together sour cream - (mayo), vinegar,sugar,and salt. Cover & chill.
I also have a Cucumber Ring Supreme
It uses gelatin, lemon juice, cream cheese and mayo. Would you like that recipe too?

I miss people being civil to each other.

I miss pedestrians who don't walk blithely out in front of your car, forcing you to stop for them.

I miss the time when Valley Talk did not exist.

I miss long playing records.

I miss my parents.

I miss typewriters.

I miss being able to eat any damn thing I wanted to without gaining weight.

I miss my prostate.

I miss young women who acknowledge my existence.

I miss my golden retriever.

I miss freeways you could drive on at a consistent speed of 65 mph or more instead of an average speed of 18 mph

I miss what the Republican Party USED TO be.

I miss Ted Kennedy.

Last edited:
What? You never had a childhood? She asked what you missed from your childhood not what you miss from your young adult days.

I miss so much I ache all over some times.

And I agree with KWC57 that the period when the kid outgrows you, and the time that they make their own is too damn short and too damn long. I will have to wait 15 years to be grandpa. That better be the way he does it. But he is a handsome fella.... and it may be earlier if the girls are smart and he is silly.

Forum List

Back