Millenials Not Joining the Military

Here's some frightening data:

A recruiter I spoke to believes that more than 70 percent of the “targeted recruiting age range” is not able to join due to issues with health, education, criminal background, and physical appearance preferences that do not adhere to military recruitment standards. They are generally not qualified for military service, even if they wanted to join.

And, from what I've read, if they do enlist, a lot of them simply do not possess the sense of responsibility to stick to what it takes to adapt to the military. So, those who do enlist and stick it out come from military families - turning the military into an inbred, mercenary force?

From Why So Few Young People Want to Be Part of Our Military
---------------------------------------------- maybe USA Military ought to be filled with young , willing foreigners full of pizz and vinegar and who are willing to join for the regular feeding , healthcare , citizenship , money , favors , education and a place to sleep and live . They will have no ties to Americans and will fight and control those that they are told to fight and control for the money , perks and citizenship . ----------------- just an idea !!

Last edited:
I'd question the intelligence of anyone that signed up for the military while Trump is in office. Why sign up to possibly serve for a President who did everything he could do NOT to serve, and be to then be put in a situation where he could send you off to war because of a tweet at 5 am in the morning while he is eating McDonalds in bed?

I'm the last person to defend Trump, but...

Obama never served.
Bush dodged the draft by joining the National Guard
Clinton dodged the draft by lying to an ROTC officer

Now, I'd have no problem making active military service a prerequisite, but the point is, when given a choice between the three above clowns and people who had actively served, Bush Sr, Dole, Gore, Kerry, McCain... we picked guys who didn't serve.

And? Trump also has been trying to start wars with people.

The National Guard is much more than NOT having served and paying a doctor to say you can't serve because of bone spurs on his feet that magically healed without surgery.

You went all Lifezette on us - Really? I'll have to pass.

LifeZette - Media Bias/Fact Check

Ah yes, those kids just aren't what they used to be. Bunch of criminals and druggies who hate their country amiright? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I suggest two years of mandatory service to our country - Military, or Peace Corps - their choice.

Maybe they're smart enough to realize there's no point in getting yourself killed or fucked up for life in one of our current dick waving military escapades.

What with all the faggots and dumbasses the libtard schools are turning out, it is not surprising. Soon the country will implode under the weight of all the do nothings that get paid for doing nothing at the expense of those who work.

Most poorpeople have jobs.

Simple enough solution. Provide a job for every American that pays a living wage. But give them real job protections.

A living wage? As opposed to what, a dead wage?

I'd question the intelligence of anyone that signed up for the military while Trump is in office. Why sign up to possibly serve for a President who did everything he could do NOT to serve, and be to then be put in a situation where he could send you off to war because of a tweet at 5 am in the morning while he is eating McDonalds in bed?

Obama never served.

Now, I'd have no problem making active military service a prerequisite, but the point is, when given a choice between the three above clowns and people who had actively served, Bush Sr, Dole, Gore, Kerry, McCain... we picked guys who didn't serve.

The National Guard is much more than NOT having served and paying a doctor to say you can't serve because of bone spurs on his feet that magically healed without surgery.
------------------------------- looks like The TRUMP was legally deferred and was UNFIT because of Medical Problems Lew [TRUMP has legal proof in writing ] . But the new 'hip hop' generation is UNFIT for military service due to all sorts of medical , drug , and lifestyle , criminal and moral reasons , pregnancy , out for an Abortion and other problems or are in the process of undergoing sex change operations Lew .

Last edited:

A recruiter I spoke to believes that more than 70 percent of the “targeted recruiting age range” is not able to join due to issues with health, education, criminal background, and physical appearance preferences that do not adhere to military recruitment standards. They are generally not qualified for military service, even if they wanted to join.

And, from what I've read, if they do enlist, a lot of them simply do not possess the sense of responsibility to stick to what it takes to adapt to the military. So, those who do enlist and stick it out come from military families - turning the military into an inbred, mercenary force?

----------------------------------------------------- see the opening post that i have Bumped for YOU Lew !! Just trying to be Helpful Lew !!

My God you are a sorry bastard.

NOt at all... I'm just amazed the people who spend their whole life sucking at the public teet complain about any one else sucking at that teet.
you are anti-military....you are pissing on present and previous military personnel....
go to Somalia or some other shithole if you hate America so much

You don't get any of it for free. The trade offs for a military life, job training, etc. are high.

Naw, I don't get it at all. I only did it for 11 years and got out as an E-6.

Schmuck.

I got out after 7 years, and went back in less than three months later. I couldn't stand the thought of doing 9-5, 5 days a week for the next 30 plus years. However, as I approached 20 years, that 9-5 began looking better and better.

Obama never served.

------------------------------- looks like The TRUMP was legally deferred and was UNFIT because of Medical Problems Lew [TRUMP has legal proof in writing ] . But the new 'hip hop' generation is UNFIT for military service due to all sorts of medical , drug , and lifestyle , criminal and moral reasons , pregnancy , out for an Abortion and other problems or are in the process of undergoing sex change operations Lew .

His family paid off a doctor for him. The new generation of people don't want to enter the military because the United State military is nothing but a tool of the richest people in the country... used to go into other countries high in resources and protect business interests world-wide. The U.S. military is no longer for defending OUR country. It's just a mercenary unit for people like the Koch Brothers.

`
Considering just the shabby way our government treats its Vets, I tell kids NOT to join the US military.
`

Way to often vets get shabby care, but spending a tour in the military, can definitely upgrade the options for high school graduates who have few if any marketable skills, and few opportunities to gain any in the environment they grew up in. Young men and women should seriously weigh the possible benefits against the possible risks.

`
Considering just the shabby way our government treats its Vets, I tell kids NOT to join the US military.
`

Way to often vets get shabby care, but spending a tour in the military, can definitely upgrade the options for high school graduates who have few if any marketable skills, and few opportunities to gain any in the environment they grew up in. Young men and women should seriously weigh the possible benefits against the possible risks.

Yep with all the issues with the VA over the last decade, and all the issues with vets having problems with pay and benefits, like how many have had a problem with getting to use their GI Bill, all those negative things has lessened the value of joining.

..vets usually have medical insurance and don't rely on the government
..I know when I was in, I put in a lot more, hard working hours than some civilian/government workers--so we were working but getting less wages--but we volunteered for it
...I got to go to Hawaii/Europe/ Mediterranean/ South America/Central America, etc
...most that I know enjoyed serving....you can save a lot of $$$$ and get a GREAT head start/get ahead in life joining the military
..it is a lot more physical demanding though

Obama never served.

His family paid off a doctor for him. The new generation of people don't want to enter the military because the United State military is nothing but a tool of the richest people in the country... used to go into other countries high in resources and protect business interests world-wide. The U.S. military is no longer for defending OUR country. It's just a mercenary unit for people like the Koch Brothers.
---------------------------------------- The TRUMP PAID Off a Doctor , yeah , lets see the PROOF LEW . The New generation of the Hip Hoppers don't want to go in the USA Military , thats really ok with me as we see what develops as time goes by Lew .

Yeah we've heard the same BS many times before, 'youth today just can't cut it'.

Watch the movie Tribes, it came out in the early 70s about exactly the same crap.

This is the end product of the Feminazi's and their equal rights to destroy the REAL man.

View attachment 183627
To right wingers, a "real" man is the guy on the right:

5346-1516602782-34bdb4d8a9bf66d619f5e27dc790b5ec.jpg

Cadet Bone Spurs is the role model and the cultural leader of America's Republican Party.

It's all yours. Deal with it.

It appears that Trump is the only draft dodger the left wants to denigrate. The rest of them are heroes to the left.

Lol.

Mark
The right denigrates people that did serve. Look how they view McCain now. Remember how they treated Kerry and Gore?

---------------------------------------------- maybe USA Military ought to be filled with young , willing foreigners full of pizz and vinegar and who are willing to join for the regular feeding , healthcare , citizenship , money , favors , education and a place to sleep and live . They will have no ties to Americans and will fight and control those that they are told to fight and control for the money , perks and citizenship . ----------------- just an idea !!
Kind of like the French Foreign Legion?

Forum List

Back