Millenials Not Joining the Military

Military is often a stepping stone for women and men who have grown up in lower class families or situations. Americans pretend class doesn't exist but it surely does and the wealthy want no part of serving country. That's just where we are are as a nation. Can anyone really imagine Trump or family serving the nation as an example. An interesting read on class is: White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America by Nancy Isenberg
I joined the military back in the late 1970's because not only did I want to serve my country and protect it from Communism, but also wanted to work on jets, to obtain skills, so I wouldn't be a liberal welfare queen. Today, I have amassed a small fortune (top 5%) able to fix just about anything, and now the Commies are in my country trying to take all that I have earned, so those who sit on their liberal asses can vote for the very people who keep them poor. Go figure.

couldn't get in to college, huh?
Or the nfl

Here's some frightening data:

A recruiter I spoke to believes that more than 70 percent of the “targeted recruiting age range” is not able to join due to issues with health, education, criminal background, and physical appearance preferences that do not adhere to military recruitment standards. They are generally not qualified for military service, even if they wanted to join.

And, from what I've read, if they do enlist, a lot of them simply do not possess the sense of responsibility to stick to what it takes to adapt to the military. So, those who do enlist and stick it out come from military families - turning the military into an inbred, mercenary force?

From Why So Few Young People Want to Be Part of Our Military
My advice is hit up every poor black neighborhood. Go to the basketball courts.

Go to every wrestling team. These kids make perfect soldiers.

Did you know tons of government jobs are still unfilled? I think trump is doing it on purpose. These jobs are a waste of money. Embassador to South Korea? Is that necessary? So do we need thousands of trained troops? How much does each soldier cost us a year? We need to save the money. Ground troops are obsolete

I joined the military back in the late 1970's because not only did I want to serve my country and protect it from Communism, but also wanted to work on jets, to obtain skills, so I wouldn't be a liberal welfare queen. Today, I have amassed a small fortune (top 5%) able to fix just about anything, and now the Commies are in my country trying to take all that I have earned, so those who sit on their liberal asses can vote for the very people who keep them poor. Go figure.

So let me get this straight... you gained a skill the government paid for so you can get work the government pays for, and you got the nerve to call other people welfare queens.

You don't get any of it for free. The trade offs for a military life, job training, etc. are high. You work long hours, often in very risky environments, and you give up options and liberty to the needs of the military. The only ones who think the military is a free lunch are those who didn't have what it takes to join.

A recruiter I spoke to believes that more than 70 percent of the “targeted recruiting age range” is not able to join due to issues with health, education, criminal background, and physical appearance preferences that do not adhere to military recruitment standards. They are generally not qualified for military service, even if they wanted to join.

And, from what I've read, if they do enlist, a lot of them simply do not possess the sense of responsibility to stick to what it takes to adapt to the military. So, those who do enlist and stick it out come from military families - turning the military into an inbred, mercenary force?

This is proof trump didn’t win the popular vote.

And I’m sorry but I’m sick of republicans who make up half our voting population complaining about kids. What about their kids? That’s a lot of kids. Red blooded conservative boys. Aren’t they defending our country? Nope. Mostly we get desperate kids who have no other options. If they could go to the nba they would and probably college too.

God bless them.

There is something wrong with the millenial generation and even those the follow. They eat laundry soap for publicity and get high on bug spray. This is what happens when a culture normalizes perversion. It eats them alive.

Put your hand up if you want to be cannon fodder for large multi-national companies. They pay you little, you make them lots.

I'd question the intelligence of anyone that signed up for the military while Trump is in office. Why sign up to possibly serve for a President who did everything he could do NOT to serve, and be to then be put in a situation where he could send you off to war because of a tweet at 5 am in the morning while he is eating McDonalds in bed?

I'd question the intelligence of anyone that signed up for the military while Trump is in office. Why sign up to possibly serve for a President who did everything he could do NOT to serve, and be to then be put in a situation where he could send you off to war because of a tweet at 5 am in the morning while he is eating McDonalds in bed?

I'm the last person to defend Trump, but...

Obama never served.
Bush dodged the draft by joining the National Guard
Clinton dodged the draft by lying to an ROTC officer

Now, I'd have no problem making active military service a prerequisite, but the point is, when given a choice between the three above clowns and people who had actively served, Bush Sr, Dole, Gore, Kerry, McCain... we picked guys who didn't serve.

so you're saying fewer and fewer fucked up people can or will join the military.

not sure how this is a bad thing

This is the end product of the Feminazi's and their equal rights to destroy the REAL man.

View attachment 183627
To right wingers, a "real" man is the guy on the right:

5346-1516602782-34bdb4d8a9bf66d619f5e27dc790b5ec.jpg

Cadet Bone Spurs is the role model and the cultural leader of America's Republican Party.

It's all yours. Deal with it.

It appears that Trump is the only draft dodger the left wants to denigrate. The rest of them are heroes to the left.

Lol.

Mark

So let me get this straight... you gained a skill the government paid for so you can get work the government pays for, and you got the nerve to call other people welfare queens.
My God you are a sorry bastard.

My God you are a sorry bastard.

NOt at all... I'm just amazed the people who spend their whole life sucking at the public teet complain about any one else sucking at that teet.
Not only are you sorry you are a liar. His post never said he worked his entire life for the government. And even if he did work for the gov, he WORKED! You bastards just make up shit and then parrot it as true.

Forum List

Back