Militia group calls on members to patrol polls on election

This is sick, but at least they'll be doing it incognito, not intimidating voters as they walk into the polling place. I still want one of you--any of you--to explain to me what a watcher can "see" that will spot illegal voting.

Both parties have poll watchers. It's nothing new. I did it a few times when I lived in Boston. You're basically there to make sure everyone is following the election laws.
At our town hall the watchers are easily identified and don't sneak around (our town is so small everyone would know anyway). Did you do it incognito?
Same here, our community is so small and everyone already knows pretty much how everyone else votes.

This is sick, but at least they'll be doing it incognito, not intimidating voters as they walk into the polling place. I still want one of you--any of you--to explain to me what a watcher can "see" that will spot illegal voting.
At least they will not be as conspicuous at Black Panthers who were ostensibly "observing" polling places when Obama was being selected.
All four of them?

Both parties have poll watchers. It's nothing new. I did it a few times when I lived in Boston. You're basically there to make sure everyone is following the election laws.
At our town hall the watchers are easily identified and don't sneak around (our town is so small everyone would know anyway). Did you do it incognito?
Same here, our community is so small and everyone already knows pretty much how everyone else votes.
There are no secrets in the Alaskan bush.

What? But I thought you agreed with the NBPP and their "guarding" of the polling places....
hqdefault.jpg
BLM!! No one else, No Lives Matter...unless they are BLACK! Everyone else can just suck it up!!!

At least they will not be as conspicuous at Black Panthers who were ostensibly "observing" polling places when Obama was being selected.
All four of them?
Four, forty, or four hundred...it doesn't matter, it still happened. Not one of those four have ever been prosecuted for their wrong doing, have they?

All four of them?
Four, forty, or four hundred...it doesn't matter, it still happened. Not one of those four have ever been prosecuted for their wrong doing, have they?
Were they arrested? Charged? Tried? Yes, four is different than four hundred.

There are no secrets in the Alaskan bush.
That is true. You know your neighbors, regardless of how dislocated they are geographically. You have to. We rely on each other in ways that "townies" believe they have no need to. Shame, that. Imagine if we all had to know each other, and rely on each other the way that Bush Alaskans must?

All four of them?
No. It's all a matter of scale...and intent. All of those involved in the cited incident should have been arrested and tried. And yet, they were not. Why?

What? But I thought you agreed with the NBPP and their "guarding" of the polling places....
hqdefault.jpg
So many still terrified about these TWO ... black ... men 8 years ago. They were asked to leave and they did.

All four of them?
No. It's all a matter of scale...and intent. All of those involved in the cited incident should have been arrested and tried. And yet, they were not. Why?
I don't know and neither do you.

hqdefault.jpg
So many still terrified about these TWO ... black ... men 8 years ago. They were asked to leave and they did.
So they were lawabiding citizens who followed police requests.

Well apparently some folks are so off their hinges that they can't let folks poll/vote as they wish. Not just this year either, the toxic PC in this country has hit the boiling point. We have schools refusing freedom of alternate opinions, we have people stealing candidate signs, and we have folks inciting violence at political rallies. The days of freedom of opinion and speech ended for America at some point. Voting is no longer seen to be expression of your personal opinion, rather it is seen as an "attack" as if that justifies "retaliation" - which goes against the founding principles of the country.

The US is fucked if it can't clear this complete bullshit up. People are allowed to have whatever opinions they like, period, and violence is /not/ an acceptable form of "protest," but when you have fucking government officials giving free reign to such things this is what you get for it. Now those types think they have permission to use "radical" methods to get their way. It's like dealing with a bunch of 5 years old who throw tantrums and punches because mommy didn't buy them a toy.
My goodness, you really don't know anything about the history of the US. Yes, there have been equally rancorous elections in our history. In fact, in one, the winning candidate had to sneak into DC in order to avoid assassins.

Nothing to do with the /elections/. It is the open and violent hostility toward fellow Americans that I am talking about, and it has been going on since before Trump even announced his candidacy, so you don't get to blame it on the latest scapegoat. It's absolutely disgusting what the US has become and I'm not entirely sure what the idiots pushing for this anarchy are thinking is going to be the "end result," but I'm going to laugh when America falls apart because all the idiots think it's proper to treat your countrymen like shit. Ya'll might as well push the handle and flush the entire thing because there is absolutely no respect for /anyone's/ differing opinions anymore and you cannot have "freedom" when such an ideal exists - much less when it is violently enforced.

I will be 73 in two weeks, and the whole time since I can remember, fools that are down on this nation because of their own shortcomings, predicting it's end. And here we are, still going strong. I love this nation, and I enjoy as much of it as I have time for. I am grateful to my father and all the uncles that served in WW2, and the aunts that worked in their places during to war. I am sure that they would be pleased to see that their efforts have resulted in a level of life and comfort for their grandchildren that they could not even imagine as they were making those sacrifices.

Go ahead and express your disdain for this nation, if you must. But really, if you find it so bad, why are you still here?

I'm waiting to see if the people are going to clean house or just continue to sweep it under the rug.

I used to love America, but it's not the America I was born into, nor taught about in school. When folks can't even put a political bumper sticker on their car without it being vandalized that's a serious fucking problem. You are free to ignore the signs Sir, but personally I don't know how you can be 73 and not see the losses and the path that the US is headed down. If you saw a cliff up ahead you'd turn away before you went over it too. I choose /not/ to ignore the reality of what is going on in America - both in political corruption, but also the mindset of its people. The people of America have gone feral and I have zero interest in having to shoot them like dogs when they try to steal my shit or abridge my freedoms. You think your uncles and father would be proud of the crap that is happening in the US today? If you do then you're just snowing yourself.

My entire family was military - came over fleeing thee nazi's and turned straight around to go back and fight once the wife and kids were safe. Hell I was almost born in Germany because my father was stationed there. Don't talk to me about "nationalism" and "patriotism" - I had that for the original America, not this new thing which violently objects to all manner of freedoms that /used/ to be why folks came to America in the first place - to escape persecution, to have freedom of religion, to have a say in their government, to be capitalists... All of that is gone or going away now.

As for my "shortcomings" I don't have any. My life is pretty great, kind of why I won't stay if Hillary is elected - because the government will then /change/ my life for the worse - simply to provide for their voter base. I will be /punished/ because I invested wisely and made a good life for myself. It is absolutely not American to punish success, it is absolutely not American to steal from others, it is not American to FORCE someone to contribute to what amounts to a national charity fund.

It's still America, and anyone who rises up against it will be unhappy at what happens to them.

It's still America, and anyone who rises up against it will be unhappy at what happens to them.
Unfortunately, it's appearing that more than one "America" is emerging. Is it the Black Lives Matter America that should prevail? Or muslim-America? Or christian-America? Or LBGT-America?
What a shame that we are no longer a melting pot where all new comers wanted to be AMERICANS.

Well, Ever, go ahead and leave. My ancestors fought in every war that happened on the American Continent since the Europeans arrived. I am staying here. And my dd214 say Honorable.

Yes, I do remember what the nation was like in the very rural areas when I was a child. I also remember my mother, in anger, reading a sign on a public swimming pool, 'No dogs or indians allowed in the pool'. And when I was a child, President Obama, and General Colin Powell would have had to gone to the back of the bus in all the southern cities and many of the northern ones. In fact, the men of color that fought in the war, including some like the Tuskegee Airmen had to do exactly that.

There are many things better, and some things worse in this nation than when I was a child. Overall, I like it better now.

So, you don't like it here, don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Unfortunately, it's appearing that more than one "America" is emerging. Is it the Black Lives Matter America that should prevail? Or muslim-America? Or christian-America? Or LBGT-America?
What a shame that we are no longer a melting pot where all new comers wanted to be AMERICANS.
You choose what you think you can be safely bigoted about. Ignoring all the colored people that are working for there families and this nation, many in our armed forces. It would be like assuming all the conservatives in this nation are like those that infested the Malhuer Game Reserve.

Forum List

Back