Military victory is no longer possible in Iraq

Yeah, I think they call it "war.":smoke:

Now that is the question of the hour, are WE willing to actually go to war? Europe isn't, not now and since they really haven't the capability, w/o nuclear weapons, I suppose the point is moot.

Are we willing? Right now, I don't think so-the will comes from the top, it's not there.

I personally think that regardless of what I think about how we got there the reality is that, unlike Vietnam, this particular war has the actual danger of reaching our shores if we are foolish enough to leave that nation in disarray. We must be smarter than that and leave when the leaving can be accomplished without handing total victory to the terrorists we do fight there... Not every person fighting our forces or even attacking their citizens are Iraqis and ignoring the danger would be foolish indeed.

Given how most of the fighting now seems to be tribal based i'm of the opinion that the odds are pretty good that the Iraqis will then turn on the minority Al-Q elements in the country. The US happens to be the bigger wolf in their yard so Al-Q is getting a free pass right now even though they aren't popular with the Iraqis.

Now that is the question of the hour, are WE willing to actually go to war? Europe isn't, not now and since they really haven't the capability, w/o nuclear weapons, I suppose the point is moot.

Are we willing? Right now, I don't think so-the will comes from the top, it's not there.

It's always been the question and the answer is no. America is hooked on comfort.
Bush went too far trying to rally the people but I'm glad he at least tried.

It's always been the question and the answer is no. America is hooked on comfort.
Bush went too far trying to rally the people but I'm glad he at least tried.

He tried? Ha. Trying would be using rational arguements, not platitudes that any idiot, even liberals could knock down. Seriously.

The irony here is I have maintained this stance from the beginning. I STILL recall some Republicans/conservatives jumping in my ass for daring to hold such an opinion a few years ago.

It's like time-lapse common sense.:laugh:

A couple years ago I remember you were all for getting the hell out of Iraq.

So what made you change your mind?

He tried? Ha. Trying would be using rational arguements, not platitudes that any idiot, even liberals could knock down. Seriously.

Liberals haven't knocked down shit--seriously. They don't like war and claim there is an alternative. All they would have to do is vocally back our efforts and this would be over by now.

Liberals haven't knocked down shit--seriously. They don't like war and claim there is an alternative. All they would have to do is vocally back our efforts and this would be over by now.

So why doesn't he speak to the real message being sold in the Saudi funded schools in Detroit, Chicago, NY, LA, etc? Instead we here, "a religion of peace" and our 'stalwart friends, the Saudis'. We keep sending boatloads of $$$ to Egypt, Pakistan, and the Palestinians-now through 'alternative' means as Carter suggested, when they elected fing Hamas to leadership.

Its not there because it was a bullshit war built on fear and lies from the start. It didn't help any that it was run by men who were way out of their depth either.

So why doesn't he speak to the real message being sold in the Saudi funded schools in Detroit, Chicago, NY, LA, etc? Instead we here, "a religion of peace" and our 'stalwart friends, the Saudis'. We keep sending boatloads of $$$ to Egypt, Pakistan, and the Palestinians-now through 'alternative' means as Carter suggested, when they elected fing Hamas to leadership.

No one will listen--the jig is up---the politicians and bankers are going to step in.

Its not there because it was a bullshit war built on fear and lies from the start. It didn't help any that it was run by men who were way out of their depth either.

I know--It's stupid to try to rally people around a good cause with PC bullshit that you think might play but we're all past that now. Are you claiming that everything is all safe and we can retreat? No worries ?

Like he has a choice in the matter.:cool:

Actually he does. He could start talking about the real threats, from without and within the US and Europe. He could speak to the Islamic threats in Asia, Africa, and Europe. He could be asking for outright support in clamping down on the mosques and Saudi funded schools and curriculum in the US. He could specifically call for monitoring of what is being preached in jails throughout the US.

He could make real, "Those who support and harbor..."

But he's not.

Forum List

Back