Military victory is no longer possible in Iraq

Right after you tell me the Democrats plan to deal with Iraq and why you think it will be good for Americans.

No. You always ask questions and never answer them. I asked you first. You answer first. What would you do? And why should I answer what the Dems are gonna do. Why don't you? They are not my party...

This isn't like WWII. But you might try asking if we should have put our resources into Afghanistan instead of starting this war of adventure.

Only difference is there is no uniform worn by the dogs, other than that we can fight a war void of political considerations just like WWII.

Different wars....different reasons. This one, no. Not worth one allied life IMO...

This is the position of an anti-American, why do you hate America so much?

Now if you had offered an alternate solution other than retreat then you would not be labeled an anti-American, but alas the hatred seeps from your filthy pores.

And I think we've done more to set back the "war on terror" with this adventure into Iraq than almost anything else we could have done. Saying it "has the danger of reaching our shores" is kind of besides the point because it got to our shores when the towers were attacked the first time. We didn't blow up white supremacists because Timothy McVeigh committed a terrorist act. Nor should we have invaded a country that didn't attack us when we were attacked by a bunch of Saudis trained in Afghanistan.

If you want to avoid terrorism on our shores, tell your representatives in Congress to implement the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission.

*Edit* It also seems to me that when there's a total screw up in policy, that saying "well, we screwed up, so now we have to continue screwing up" is pretty poor justification for the continuing loss of lives of our service people and those innocent Iraqis caught up in it.

You've been shown that Sadaam although not directly involved in 9/11 per say has for decades been involved in the aiding and abetting of international terrorism through monetary donations and harboring of suspects, this is widely and factually known. There could be no fixing of Afghanistan or the rest of the M.E. for that matter if Sadaam and the Bathists were left in power, any thinking otherwise is foolish at best.

The 9/11 commission was nothing more than a political witchhunt and was the blame game at its worst, its recommendations are no more worthy than telling someone to fry up some dogshit and then put some bechamel sauce on top so as to make it a delicacy.

No. You always ask questions and never answer them. I asked you first. You answer first. What would you do? And why should I answer what the Dems are gonna do. Why don't you? They are not my party...

Grump---the point is that our country is full of whiney babies who can only criticize a plan instead of developing one. The bitching about invading Iraq has gone on ad nauseum. We are there. Bush was stupid to think our country would get behind a conservative.

Now what question to you want me to answer?

This is the position of an anti-American, why do you hate America so much?

Now if you had offered an alternate solution other than retreat then you would not be labeled an anti-American, but alas the hatred seeps from your filthy pores.

I love America. Great place. Stop labelling me to suit your own needs. Maybe you are the anti-American following Bush like a little sheeple without any critical thinking...

Once again, we either deal with the current reality or we pretend we can ignore it to argue the entrance to the current reality. There is Al Qaeda in Iraq. On this very board I have read lefties insist we were helping to train Terrorists because we went there. Assuming that they are correct, and I think they likely are, this particular war is still unique from VN because it WILL reach our shore if we are foolish in how we leave Iraq. Pretending otherwise for a quick "escape" will put us in danger.

Now, we can talk about how we didn't want to go to Iraq for our various reasons, but it still will not change this current reality.

First of all, understanding that this was a major screw-up doesn't make one a leftie. We haven't posted on the issue, I think, but in matters of the middle east, I'm lean fairly well to the right.

Yes, there is Al Queda in Iraq and we have fully ceded a third of the country to it. That has already been written off by our military... a full third of Iraq. Therefore, one has to ask what are our objectives and how can we best meet them and leave with dignity.

So, what can we hope for? A political solution that divides the country between Shi'a, Sunni and Kurd. Good way to tick off Turkey, but setting that aside, it isn't our job to referee a civil war at cost that is bankrupting this country and creating so much debt that every child born today owes about $30,000 from day one.

Keep pouring good lives and money after the already dead and bad money?

I say give them a year to settle the civil war issues peacefully, while making a deal for oil money, or let them blow themselves up.

I love America. Great place. Stop labelling me to suit your own needs. Maybe you are the anti-American following Bush like a little sheeple without any critical thinking...

Here is a link for you Chump:www.readingcomprehension.net

Since you haven't read or maybe you did and weren't able to understand any of my superb criticisms of Bush's war tactics and his p.c. bullshit, but if it helps you to label anyone who disagrees with you a neocon or a sheep..............very intellectually lazy of you if you ask most.

I keep hoping for more from you, ahhh wish in one hand and shit in the other.......

Here is a link for you Chump:www.readingcomprehension.net

Since you haven't read or maybe you did and weren't able to understand any of my superb criticisms of Bush's war tactics and his p.c. bullshit, but if it helps you to label anyone who disagrees with you a neocon or a sheep..............very intellectually lazy of you if you ask most.

I keep hoping for more from you, ahhh wish in one hand and shit in the other.......

LOL..the guy who calls me anti-American calls me intellectually lazy...RATFLMAO OFA...you crack me up sometimes. Calling somebody anti-American is the epitome of laziness, especially in the instance you have. What I read into that post is "I have no answer to your points, so I'll just flame". Well done OFA!! You get the prize for one of the top five lame answers to a debate. Let's see...I want allied troops to go home so they don't get killed in a war they had no business being in in the first place. So I want US lives saved but I hate America. What do ya do for an encore OFA, tell Catholics they're anti-Christian?

Get back to me when you can debate coherently and with reason. There is a board for trolls around here somewhere...

When you're done dodging, you can answer the question if you like...yours in anticipation...

I would ask Congress for a declaration of war. If passed I would put as many feet on the ground and planes in the air as I could muster. If not, I would pull out every troop we have and lay all the consequences at the feet of those who thought all out war was not the answer.

The lack of critical thinking would be coming from you. You oppose anything that even be misconstrued as right or good, and do so blindly, only ensuring that you are disagreeing with whatever the conservative stance is.

Forum List

Back