Mike Pence's HIV Scandal Must Not Be Forgotten

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The first thing to know about Mike Pence is that he hates abortion. I mean, really hates it. As in, a good gift for him would be a lapel pin that read, "Ask me how I feel about abortion." While many right-wing politicians have been screeching about defunding Planned Parenthood over the last year due to those hoax videos, Pence wanted to shut them down before it was cool. In 2011, Politico detailed Pence's "one-man crusade to deny all federal funding" to the organization. Reminder: Title X does not provide federal funding for abortions, and abortion makes up only three percent of the services that Planned Parenthood provides. PP's main function is STI and STD testing and treatment. Pence's response: "If Planned Parenthood wants to be involved in providing counseling services and HIV testing, they ought not be in the business of providing abortions."

In 2013, the only Planned Parenthood in Indiana's rural Scott County was forced to close due to lack of funding. The women of Scott County must now travel 50 miles to visit a gynecologist, according to the Chicago Tribune. The closure also left the county without an HIV testing center, and by June 2015, 150 of Austin, Indiana's 4,300 residents were infected with HIV. That's almost 3.5 percent of the population. For comparison, the overall HIV infection rate in the United States is less that 0.4 percent.

Austin's only physician, Dr. William Cooke, saw the epidemic coming a mile away. "We’ve been asking for help for a long time," he told MSNBC in 2015. "We identified long ago there was an undercurrent here that was very unhealthy."

Pence finally called the Centers for Disease Control to assist Cooke with the outbreak in March of that year. As of April 2016, 190 cases of HIV have been diagnosed in Austin, reported the Indy Star. The Scottsburg Planned Parenthood, which never performed abortions, remains permanently closed.

Pence really sounds like a religious psycho! And very dangerous for women!

Last edited:
Tell us about abortion.....Squaw Pussy!

liberal-compassion-at-36-weeks.jpg

Lets for the sake of argument agree that these so called scandals exist. Do you seriously think anyone willing to overlook Donald trumps massive flaws are going to give a rats rear end about these?

And even if they did, you realize that this scandal pales in comparison to the decades of Clinton scandals which are far worse. Heck Clinton has proven herself to to be a national security risk. And she is so corrupt she will take money from anyone. She is so corrupt that she took money from Donald trump.

How come that doesn't bother you?

Lets for the sake of argument agree that these so called scandals exist. Do you seriously think anyone willing to overlook Donald trumps massive flaws are going to give a rats rear end about these?

And even if they did, you realize that this scandal pales in comparison to the decades of Clinton scandals which are far worse. Heck Clinton has proven herself to to be a national security risk. And she is so corrupt she will take money from anyone. She is so corrupt that she took money from Donald trump.

You mean the "scandals" you NaziCons have conjured up and nurtured for decades? Those "scandals"...?

b3nCRBO.jpg

between me and you, all of us in the GOP/Conservative army, just dont care about these issues, all we care about is making sure Hillary loses!!! and notice how the left never speaks of Pence's amazing career?
Most conservatives care, BUT right now ISIS, unemployment, and preventing another 4 years of the Obomanation are first in our minds!

between me and you, all of us in the GOP/Conservative army, just dont care about these issues, all we care about is making sure Hillary loses!!! and notice how the left never speaks of Pence's amazing career?
Most conservatives care, BUT right now ISIS, unemployment, and preventing another 4 years of the Obomanation are first in our minds!
And keeping all our money, if Hillary is elected, we will have to fill out an application for deposits over 1000.00

The first thing to know about Mike Pence is that he hates abortion. I mean, really hates it. As in, a good gift for him would be a lapel pin that read, "Ask me how I feel about abortion." While many right-wing politicians have been screeching about defunding Planned Parenthood over the last year due tothose hoax videos, Pence wanted to shut them down before it was cool. In 2011, Politico detailed Pence's "one-man crusade to deny all federal funding" to the organization. Reminder: Title X does not provide federal funding for abortions, and abortion makes up only three percent of the services that Planned Parenthood provides. PP's main function is STI and STD testing and treatment. Pence's response: "If Planned Parenthood wants to be involved in providing counseling services and HIV testing, they ought not be in the business of providing abortions."

In 2013, the only Planned Parenthood in Indiana's rural Scott County was forced to close due to lack of funding. The women of Scott County must now travel 50 miles to visit a gynecologist, according to the Chicago Tribune. The closure also left the county without an HIV testing center, and by June 2015, 150 of Austin, Indiana's 4,300 residents were infected with HIV. That's almost 3.5 percent of the population. For comparison, the overall HIV infection rate in the United States is less that 0.4 percent.

Austin's only physician, Dr. William Cooke, saw the epidemic coming a mile away. "We’ve been asking for help for a long time," he told MSNBC in 2015. "We identified long ago there was an undercurrent here that was very unhealthy."

Pence finally called the Centers for Disease Control to assist Cooke with the outbreak in March of that year. As of April 2016, 190 cases of HIV have been diagnosed in Austin, reported the Indy Star. The Scottsburg Planned Parenthood, which never performed abortions, remains permanently closed.

Pence really sounds like a religious psycho! And very dangerous for women!

Oh, fuck. I'm so sorry. I had no idea Mike Pence gave you AIDS

The indian princess has conveniently left out so much of the story to push her PP bullshit...

How an HIV outbreak hit rural Indiana -- and why we should be paying attention

Drug use, poverty, limited health care factor in rural Indiana HIV outbreak

Years ago, William Cooke sensed a crisis building. The only doctor in rural Austin, Indiana, noticed that intravenous drug use was soaring in his town of roughly 4,300, where 23 percent of residents live below the poverty line. He feared that people addicted to injectable painkillers might be plucking used needles off lawns, shooting up — and passing them on.

A surge of drug overdoses hit Cooke's family practice, where he'd treat anyone with $10. More hepatitis C infections followed. Next came an HIV diagnosis in December, rare in southeastern Scott County. By Friday, the number of new cases had climbed toward 80.

Last week, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence declared the outbreak a public health emergency, the worst in state history, authorizing a short-term needle exchange program. The announcement came as a surprise: Rates of new HIV transmission have been declining in Indiana for years, from 463 reported in 2002 to 205 in 2012

The indian princess is so mentally unstable that she is using biased links from romper room. Kill those babies princess...

The indian princess has conveniently left out so much of the story to push her PP bullshit...

Years ago, William Cooke sensed a crisis building. The only doctor in rural Austin, Indiana, noticed that intravenous drug use was soaring in his town of roughly 4,300, where 23 percent of residents live below the poverty line. He feared that people addicted to injectable painkillers might be plucking used needles off lawns, shooting up — and passing them on.

A surge of drug overdoses hit Cooke's family practice, where he'd treat anyone with $10. More hepatitis C infections followed. Next came an HIV diagnosis in December, rare in southeastern Scott County. By Friday, the number of new cases had climbed toward 80.

Last week, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence declared the outbreak a public health emergency, the worst in state history, authorizing a short-term needle exchange program. The announcement came as a surprise: Rates of new HIV transmission have been declining in Indiana for years, from 463 reported in 2002 to 205 in 2012

The indian princess is so mentally unstable that she is using biased links from romper room. Kill those babies princess...

Spin, baby, spin...

Spin, baby, spin...
That's what your brain is doing!

I'm a 69 year old guy, but if you want to call me Princess - I'm flattered. BTW, do you hate women, or what?

I do not hate women. I respect women more than you will ever know. Quit lying and act your age if you want respect, until then your just a fucking bitch that loves to kill babies...

I do not hate women. I respect women more than you will ever know. Quit lying and act your age if you want respect, until then your just a fucking bitch that loves to kill babies...

Roe v. Wade is the law of the land - backed up by the U.S. Constitution and the U.S. Supreme Court. Why do you hate America?

Since NaziCons don't have the political muscle to overturn Roe v. Wade, they just try to chip away at it through the back door - like religious asshole Pence.

Forum List

Back