Michigan State professor forced students to pay $99 for left-wing causes: lawsuit

Foul Owl

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2023
This should be a fairly easy lawsuit. When is the left going to realize you can't use schools to spew your extreme leftwing ideologies?

Here's a part of the article:

EXCLUSIVE - A Michigan State University (MSU) professor has been sued for allegedly forcing her students to pay $99 each to her personal political advocacy organization, which ultimately helped fund Planned Parenthood and other left-leaning causes and allegedly violated the students' free speech rights.

According to a lawsuit filed Thursday, Amy Wisner, professor of marketing at the MSU College of Business compelled each of her 600 students to pay a $99 membership fee to join an outside organization called "The Rebellion Community" as a condition of participation in her course.

The court document says Wisner controlled The Rebellion Community and used the membership fees to finance her own political advocacy and to support external groups like Planned Parenthood and progressive causes dedicated to "dismantling oppressive systems."

This should be a fairly easy lawsuit. When is the left going to realize you can't use schools to spew your extreme leftwing ideologies?

They already know they can’t they just don’t care. Dems do whatever they want and break or ignore any law they want because they know they will not be held accountable.

What an idiot.

She should be fired immediately if this is true.

Back in the good old days professors just made you buy their books as required readings. I had one insufferable professor who literally assigned us required books to buy and would just use them for the blurbs in them that mentioned him. I eventually just stopped buying them after about the first 6 weeks. The whole class was his vanity exercise in the end. He taught us nothing. He just name dropped all the famous people he knew and assigned us crap all about him.

Errrr, how does he think taxpayers feel?

Back in the good old days professors just made you buy their books as required readings. I had one insufferable professor who literally assigned us required books to buy and would just use them for the blurbs in them that mentioned him. I eventually just stopped buying them after about the first 6 weeks. The whole class was his vanity exercise in the end. He taught us nothing. He just name dropped all the famous people he knew and assigned us crap all about him.
Yeah. Some professors just can't help themselves. I had a political science class once and the guy who taught the class, although very knowledgeable and a good teacher, he for no reason related to class showed a video of a late term abortion. It was a long time ago but I remember it was like a straw sucking things up.

Anyhow, there was no context related to the lessons at the time and was simply just an arbitrary political statement.

It was also when Obama was running for office and he would rip him all the time.

No biggie though I guess. At college level students should be old enough to judge things for themselves.

They already know they can’t they just don’t care. Dems do whatever they want and break or ignore any law they want because they know they will not be held accountable.

Every leftist cause is used to suck money out from the clueless sheep.

It's been almost seven years since BLM was founded, and they have raised over a billion dollars over time.

They haven't had one neighborhood cleanup, or sent one poor black student to college, or bought school supplies, or provided housing or shelter for homeless.
But they did bought luxury mansions for their readers and fleet of luxury buses to transport rioters to BLM protests.

Forum List

Back