Michigan squeaks past Alabama

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
What a game, it had multiple aspects.

1. Michigan came out shakey, bailed out on a first pass INT from JJ
2. Michigans front 4 on D exposed Bamas O line, many sacks.
3. Alabamas passing game was largely neutralized, but Bama ran against us very effectively.
4. Bamas kicker was clutch
5. Bama eventually neutralized our run game, but we got a few magical plays that went our way in the passing game
6. Bamas QB was very elusive when he took off

Michigan had chances to put more points up in the first half and didn’t
Bama had every chance to put that game away at the end and didn’t.

It’s our year.

3. Alabamas passing game was largely neutralized, but Bama ran against us very effectively.
5. Bama eventually neutralized our run game, but we got a few magical plays that went our way in the passing game

It’s our year.
Michigan has the most all-time wins in college football history.

Playoff appearances3 (2021, 2022, 2023)

Claimed national titles11 (1901, 1902, 1903, 1904, 1918, 1923, 1932, 1933, 1947, 1948, 1997)
Unclaimed national titles7 (1910, 1925, 1926, 1964, 1973, 1976, 1985)

Michigan last won the title — a split championship with Nebraska in 1997

It’s our year.
I think Alabama played a cleaner game. Michigan made more mistakes and persevered from them. When crunch time came, they proved to be the better team.

It’s our year.
The only reason Michigan won is because Alabama made so many mistakes.
I don't expect the same thing to happen with Washington.

Washington almost lost because they can't stop precision passing.....but they're game is geared on quick throws and a lot of scoring. They also play dirty. I saw a lot of illegal block in the back penalties that weren't called and late hits out of bounds. Texas still almost won.
Michigan has to be able to run the ball and control the clock to keep Washington on Defense or this won't be much of a game.

I saw the opposite.
Michigan came in as the unquestioned number one team. Alabama came in as questionable by many people. Sports pundits and fans. They are a good team People were screaming about FSU. Although little said about Georgia who are good and maybe even better.

I think Alabama played a cleaner game. Michigan made more mistakes and persevered from them. When crunch time came, they proved to be the better team.
I can't say I'm bias but I am honest about this stuff. It looked like BAMA choked quite a few times. And we saked them quite a few times. BAMA was not the BAMA we know right? I mean a good BAMA team would be a Michigan but double digits. Something missing this year on Bama's team. They're just not that good. I argue with my dad who says Sabin isn't good, he gets all the good players. I argue that's part of being a great coach. Don't cry about it dad. He says kids want to go to warmer weather teams. And I can see that. But that's not Bama's problem. They recruit within the rules. And I remind my dad Bama didn't win for a lot of years before Sabin got there. He says "but they were always good". Yea dad, but Sabin got them over the hump. However he did it. "why didn't he do it at MSU?" my dad asks. I say because he took that program as far as he could. He moved up. And Bama hired him because of how he turned MSU around. God I hate that arguments. He'll never admit coaches are good. Look at Belecheck and New England. I thought he was a good coach? He doesn't have the players. That's true dad but that's true for a lot of teams who will never win it all. The coaches matter.

Anyways, Michigan kept their composure and that QB just passed his interview for the NFL huh? He ran the 2 minute drill perfectly. Holy fuck. Remember luck is when preparation and opportunity collide. Something like that.

I don't remember a lot of Michigan turnovers. 3 and outs yes but not mistakes per se. But I do remember some Bama fuck ups that probably cost them the game. If they don't fuck up they win this game probably. Hats off Bama. Even on a bad year with 1 loss you still made the final and were winning until the very end. What a dream.

My only nightmare is Dallas vs my Lions. Pissed. But I'll take this. Because we still get a home game in the playoffs and Michigan has a chance for a National championship. Not a split of one like we did back in 97. I was happy with that but this one will be better. And the last year it's just 4 in it. This one will be special. The last year it was just 4, we won it? Shit. Hey Devil, I'm willing to sell my soul for a deal. LOL. JK. Seriously, devil sho sho black flu.

I can't say I'm bias but I am honest about this stuff. It looked like BAMA choked quite a few times.
Michigan choked more
1. Fumbled punt turnover led to first Bama TD
2. Missed FG
3. Fumbled punt recovered at the 1 led to possibility of end drive in regulation not possible

Bama only had the one QB fumble

Michigan choked more
1. Fumbled punt turnover led to first Bama TD
2. Missed FG
3. Fumbled punt recovered at the 1 led to possibility of end drive in regulation not possible

Bama only had the one QB fumble

OMG I forgot about how they fumble recovered on the 1. That looked like it was in the end zone.

Boy, if that would have been a safety, game over.

You must be feeling like Bama blew it? I think Michigan played better than I thought they would so maybe it's perspective.

OMG I forgot about how they fumble recovered on the 1. That looked like it was in the end zone.

Boy, if that would have been a safety, game over.

You must be feeling like Bama blew it? I think Michigan played better than I thought they would so maybe it's perspective.
Bama didn’t “blow” it, they had chances but couldn’t move the ball when they needed to, and Michigans D line dominated Bamas O line, constant pressure and sacks of the Bama QB.

Michigan had many 3 and outs in the 3rd and 4th, but when the game was on the line they put together a big drive and scored and made stops on D. They gave up 10 pts (fumble, missed FG) and still won. They were the better team IMO

Bama didn’t “blow” it, they had chances but couldn’t move the ball when they needed to, and Michigans D line dominated Bamas O line, constant pressure and sacks of the Bama QB.

Michigan had many 3 and outs in the 3rd and 4th, but when the game was on the line they put together a big drive and scored and made stops on D. They gave up 10 pts (fumble, missed FG) and still won. They were the better team IMO
I'll take that. I would have even been happy if we lost yesterday by 7 points. Usually a 1 loss Bama destroys an undefeated UofM every time. Proving those teams are on a different level. Not this year. Not during the Jim Harbaugh era. Proving coaching does matter.

It’s our year.

Our kicker was the most clutch kicker in NCAA history. Which is why he is the all time leading scorer in NCAA history.

Our QB was very illusive. But then, all season long the bad snaps have illuded the QB.

Forum List

Back