Michelle was right!

No, they aren't all fat. The kids who are eating it says it's unpalatable, and the little kids are refusing to eat it and so are still hungry.

Proof that the healthy lunches are going uneaten?

You are honestly arguing that feeding children heathy food is bad for them? Seriously?

( emphasis added)

Here you go:

Students strike against new federal school lunch rules

Serving 8 chips and calling it a 'Super Nacho Plate" is ridiclous. ( see article)

If there are issues, they must be fixed elsewhere, starting at home. Serving a lunch which can't sustain many won't fix a thing.

Not feed the children! Look out KG is about to call you a nazi.

As I pointed out, they already qualify for food stamps, thus we (taxpayers) are already feeding them. The school system was created to educate children, not to feed them. WIC and foodstamps were created to feed them.

thanks

that's the kind of deep thinking and insightful analysis i've come to expect from you.

Yer welcome.

As I pointed out, they already qualify for food stamps, thus we (taxpayers) are already feeding them. The school system was created to educate children, not to feed them. WIC and foodstamps were created to feed them.

thanks

that's the kind of deep thinking and insightful analysis i've come to expect from you.

Yer welcome.

it used to be against the rules to change someone's quote, asshat.

even for mods, fuckwit.
:lol:

don't forget to kick a cat on your way out :thup:

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?pagetype=health&catid=57520233&feed_id=5&videofeed=41

should this be a national concern ? Is it a series readiness/securit issue?

I suppose i don't have an issue with replacing public school junk food with healthy stuff but i'm beginning to see the slippery slope here.

First they came for our soda, then they came for my tater tots...

simple solution.
The goal and point of the school system is to educate children.
Let them educate children, not make feeding them a subsidiary goal or objective.
Remove the feeding subsidy from the education system, problem solved.

first they came for our soda, then they came for my tater tots...
nope, first they convinced (foolish) people that a system designed for education was supposed to feed people.
Remove the cafeterias and vending machines and let people provide food for their own children. Anybody that qualifies for free or reduced school lunches already gets food-stamps. All the government did was create a method for those people to "double dip" the system.

yep

Ah, black market calories at our schools.

""I know a lot of my friends who are just drinking a jug of milk for their lunch. And they are not getting a proper meal," middle school student Samantha Gortmaker told Keloland.com.

Despite the fact that the new regulations have increased the cost of a lunch 20 to 25 cents per plate, it’s not pleasing students.

Some are throwing away their vegetables while others are adapting to the rules by becoming industrious. In New Bedford, Massachusetts, students have created a black market - for chocolate syrup. The kiddie capitalists are smuggling in bottles of it and selling it by the squeeze, according to SouthCoastToday.com. "

Complaints Mount Against Michelle Obama
if the kids have enough money to buy black market Hersheys... why are we buying them lunch?

No, they aren't all fat. The kids who are eating it says it's unpalatable, and the little kids are refusing to eat it and so are still hungry.

Of course anything good for the child is going to be unpalatable if they are fed high sugar high fat foods at home. These kids need to learn to eat healthy foods. Beyond that though, these kids need to get more exercise. I think the lack of exercise is a much bigger factor when it comes to childhood obesity. Just addressing diet issues without addressing the problem with lack of exercise is only looking at one part of the problem.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
CaféAuLait;6056572 said:

You are honestly arguing that feeding children heathy food is bad for them? Seriously?

( emphasis added)

Here you go:

Serving 8 chips and calling it a 'Super Nacho Plate" is ridiclous. ( see article)

If there are issues, they must be fixed elsewhere, starting at home. Serving a lunch which can't sustain many won't fix a thing.

1st, I have no sympathy for kids who don't eat their lunch. Clearly if they aren't eating it, they aren't starving.

However, I would be perfectly fine with the state allocating funds to each school district and the people in that district voting on the type of lunch they want to serve their children, or if they want to just pack their own lunches and use those funds in other areas.

However, I would be perfectly fine with the state allocating funds to each school district and the people in that district voting on the type of lunch they want to serve their children, or if they want to just pack their own lunches and use those funds in other areas.

:lol: I was with you until that garbage.

CaféAuLait;6056572 said:

( emphasis added)

Here you go:

1st, I have no sympathy for kids who don't eat their lunch. Clearly if they aren't eating it, they aren't starving.

You asked for "proof the lunches are going uneaten" and I gave it to you. They are bringing lunch from home, so of course they are not starving. They are boycotting the new lunches.

CaféAuLait;6056572 said:

( emphasis added)

Here you go:

When I was 7 years old I would never in a million years have eaten black beans or hummus. I would have thought a black bean was a bug, and hummus makes my mouth sting.

I suppose if kids are hungry enough they'll eat bugs and things they're allergic to....damn those fat, picky children!

CaféAuLait;6056655 said:
CaféAuLait;6056572 said:
( emphasis added)

Here you go:

You asked for "proof the lunches are going uneaten" and I gave it to you. They are bringing lunch from home, so of course they are not starving. They are boycotting the new lunches.

You did, thank you. And yes, some are.

thanks

Yer welcome.

it used to be against the rules to change someone's quote, asshat.

even for mods, fuckwit.
:lol:

don't forget to kick a cat on your way out :thup:

Go blow your nose.
kleenex.jpg

CaféAuLait;6056655 said:

You did, thank you. And yea, some are.

Well given it is 70 percent of the student body refusing to eat the lunch in that one school alone, 'some' may not cover it.

If they're hungry enough they'll eat garbage, too. And eventually, each other.

A true marxist utopia!

:lol: I was with you until that garbage.

Lol! Ok then :)

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;6056681 said:
CaféAuLait;6056655 said:

You did, thank you. And yea, some are.

Well given it is 70 percent of the student body refusing to eat the lunch in that one school alone, 'some' may not cover it.

Well... How many school districts/schools have switched to healthy lunches?

Also, I said I would be perfectly ok with lunches being a school district issue.

Although ... No one has really addressed the OP. Which was a panel of generals stating Americas kids are too fat, and it's effecting our armed forces and national security.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back