Michelle Wants Kids to Monitor Family for Racism

A child DOES NOT challenge their parents. EVER...It's disrespectful. And In my house earns severe punishment.

Daddy....it scares me when you drink so much
Shut up.......SMACK

Mommy.....if you keep smoking, I'm afraid you will die
Shut up.....SMACK

Daddy........why do you hit Mommy
shut up....SMACK

Right wing parenting at its best

Yes, projecting one's own sad experiences onto others may work but it's only temporary.

Do you support a child challenging a parent or not?

Children should be seen and not heard. If I had made any correction of my grandparents, my parents would have been taken aside and told not to come back until I learned to behave.

Children get told that friends are unwelcome all the time. A girl is a skank. A boy smokes dope. It's part of making decisions for children they are too immature to make for themselves. Pop culture portrays children as the wise decision makers. It's not that way in real life.

There are times when 'children should not be involved'--I can go that far.

I am possibly certifiable--what I would take away from the message---'If there is an appropriate opportunity to discuss what you believe with members of your family who may believe differently--seize the day' I know she used different words--she is passionate and activism is second nature. A softer approach might have been better --but this was Kansas--Brown v Board of Education---dear to her heart.

The speaking of our truths. Become wearisome.

Someone I wholeheartedly admire---I would listen to every word they said. For me such people seem to be the kind that 'don't tell others what to do'---so she made the speech. School's out---summer fun?

If "passionate" translates to "control freak, elitist c**t", I can agree. What a relief it would be if she'd tend her own garden and leave us to ours.

I block it all out of my mind as much as possible. 'This is her one moment in time'---making the most of it.

I have other role models and I am old enough to be her mother. 'A young woman'---being passionate is a quality that is admired in her age group. In my age group---well, we have heard it before. lol--if some of those kids have grandmothers like me---'Good speech? Tell me what you thought'---then raised eyebrows and concerned looks. How it is done ---for some.

There are times when 'children should not be involved'--I can go that far.

I am possibly certifiable--what I would take away from the message---'If there is an appropriate opportunity to discuss what you believe with members of your family who may believe differently--seize the day' I know she used different words--she is passionate and activism is second nature. A softer approach might have been better --but this was Kansas--Brown v Board of Education---dear to her heart.

The speaking of our truths. Become wearisome.

Someone I wholeheartedly admire---I would listen to every word they said. For me such people seem to be the kind that 'don't tell others what to do'---so she made the speech. School's out---summer fun?

If "passionate" translates to "control freak, elitist c**t", I can agree. What a relief it would be if she'd tend her own garden and leave us to ours.

I block it all out of my mind as much as possible. 'This is her one moment in time'---making the most of it.

I have other role models and I am old enough to be her mother. 'A young woman'---being passionate is a quality that is admired in her age group. In my age group---well, we have heard it before. lol--if some of those kids have grandmothers like me---'Good speech? Tell me what you thought'---then raised eyebrows and concerned looks. How it is done ---for some.

As a grandparent, I find myself relieved that my daughter has the good sense to explain things, including the fallacies presented by our modern indoctrination system, to her children. She's paid attention and followed by advice in many critical and important things. While I do not always agree with my daughter, I feel no compulsion to gainsay her, or her husband. My granddaughters are wonderful, respectful children.

As a grandparent, I find myself relieved that my daughter has the good sense to explain things, including the fallacies presented by our modern indoctrination system, to her children. She's paid attention and followed by advice in many critical and important things. While I do not always agree with my daughter, I feel no compulsion to gainsay her, or her husband. My granddaughters are wonderful, respectful children.

There really are people like that--all colors, too.

I liked this--like her style--would be able to listen to her--some styles are just better for me.

<“Race is a constant factor in American life. Yet reacting to every incident,real or imagined, is crippling, tiring, and ultimately counterproductive.”
&#8213; Condoleezza Rice, Extraordinary, Ordinary People: A Memoir of Family >

She didn't get to give her speech at Harvard. Their loss.

Forum List

Back