Michelle Obama as Lady Liberty? You have got to be joking...

Didn't democrats lynch her?

They could have considering the KKK were the terrorist wing of the Democratic Party.
Which is why the statement Trump is making with the release of this new gold coin is so important and powerful.....

I thought it was Obama who was releasing the coin, The Donald isn't American President yet, this coin has been in the working for many, many months and has been announced during the end of Obama's Administration.
It gets released April 6, 2017....under POTUS Trump...

Trump has nothing to do with it.

A reason to use two $10 instead. If you're going to put someone different on the $20, at least put someone that doesn't remind you eating pancakes.

C2EPldEUkAAA1V8.jpg

There is something wrong with these people, this is a joke. It has to be.

It's fitting the image looks like a slave
Or a very angry black woman.

Is her name Jemima? :smoke:

It wouldnt be too far fetched, the first "Aunt Jemmima" was an x slave.

Little Known Black History Fact: The History of Aunt Jemima

Didn't democrats lynch her?

They could have considering the KKK were the terrorist wing of the Democratic Party.
Which is why the statement Trump is making with the release of this new gold coin is so important and powerful.....

I thought it was Obama who was releasing the coin, The Donald isn't American President yet, this coin has been in the working for many, many months and has been announced during the end of Obama's Administration.
It's already in production under President Obama, Tramp had nothing to do with it.

An executive order could stop it.

Not bad looking, I suppose; she reminds me of the poet Phillis Wheatley.

But the coin depicts one race and one gender. They call it a diversity coin?

A reason to use two $10 instead. If you're going to put someone different on the $20, at least put someone that doesn't remind you eating pancakes.
You remind people of Frosted Flakes. Your point you brain dead rw PoS?

You remind people of Frosted Flakes. Your point you brain dead rw PoS?

Freedom of expression. Don't like how I do it. Two options. Get over it or tough shit.

Funny how you couldn't get a coin like this during a democrat administration.
it is crazy....it takes Trump to get one finally....

This is textbook Trump cult flip flopping in order to blindly follow their Master.

These people bitched about putting a black woman on the 20 dollar bill, but now we have clowns like this praising turning Lady Liberty into a black woman

ONLY because they think (erroneously) that it was Trump's doing.
You mean Trump rolling out the coin?

The coin was authorized under the Obama administration.

I think she is pretty, and that the coin over all is beautiful.

I'll do you a favor, Independent, and take any unwanted such coins you may come across off your hands and store them in my coin collection where they will be appreciated, talked to each day by me, and they can commune with each other as well so that they wont be lonely. (I heard that that latter trick worked with the old Giga pets)

:D

If we can put away the partisan bullshit for a few seconds, I have a question about this coin.

I looked up the coin on the us mint website and they kept referring to it as a gold coin. On the back it say "1 oz .999 fine gold". Okay, so it's a gold coin.
The face value is $100 for the coin--also says so right on the back.

225th Coin Ceremony

Isn't the price of gold constantly fluctuating and wouldn't be, usually, worth more than $100 (its around $1200 an ounce right now)? And if the price of gold drops below $100 an ounce...wouldn't that mean that the face value would be worth more than the coin itself? Who makes up the difference?

Can someone explain to me how we can mint a gold coin for $100 when the price of the metal used to mint it is fluctuating all the time?

The United States Mint has just announced the new $100 gold diversity coin.

It will feature a negro woman portrayed as Lady Liberty, complete with hair weave extensions and afro facial features.

Already dubbed the "Shaniqua", it will no doubt be a true collector coin within the white liberal numismatic community.

Although several Black activist groups have already denounced the coin as racist. When asked why they considered the coin to be racist? The activists said they weren't sure yet, but they are still working on it.

170113070623-lady-liberty-coin-front-exlarge-169-1484320262-640x359.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/13/us/black-lady-liberty-us-coin.html
If all the black activist denounce the coin along with conservatives then it might have some appreciation potential. I'll have to look into it.

If we can put away the partisan bullshit for a few seconds, I have a question about this coin.

I looked up the coin on the us mint website and they kept referring to it as a gold coin. On the back it say "1 oz .999 fine gold". Okay, so it's a gold coin.

225th Coin Ceremony

Isn't the price of gold constantly fluctuating and wouldn't be, usually, worth more than $100 (its around $1200 an ounce right now)? And if the price of gold drops below $100 an ounce...wouldn't that mean that the face value would be worth more than the coin itself? Who makes up the difference?

Can someone explain to me how we can mint a gold coin for $100 when the price of the metal used to mint it is fluctuating all the time?
When you buy the coin, you are not buying it for the currency value printed,it is bought by the current value of the gold...It does sound crazy..

It will feature a negro woman portrayed as Lady Liberty, complete with hair weave extensions and afro facial features.

Already dubbed the "Shaniqua", it will no doubt be a true collector coin within the white liberal numismatic community.

Although several Black activist groups have already denounced the coin as racist. When asked why they considered the coin to be racist? The activists said they weren't sure yet, but they are still working on it.

If all the black activist denounce the coin along with conservatives then it might have some appreciation potential. I'll have to look into it.
Usually the value of the coin depends on the amount minted...

225th Coin Ceremony

When you buy the coin, you are not buying it for the currency value printed,it is bought by the current value of the gold...It does sound crazy..

I assume that is just for the precious metal coins. Like my nickel probably doesn't have 5 cents worth of metal in it; does it?

But if I was going to pay my taxes for example, if I was going to use this coin, the $100 face value would apply...?

With each purchased coin comes this instructional video as to how to pronounce "Shaniqua" correctly.

It isnt really crazy, as it gives the government the justification of seizing the coins for their stamped value instead of their commodity value.

A $100 coin might have an ounce of gold worth $1300 USD, but the government can still seize it like it did under FDR and compensate you $100 face value. Same goes with old silver coins.

Rounds and bullion avoid this little trifle.

Forum List

Back