Michael Steele: Republicans Don’t Do Enough for Minorities

Steele is absolutely correct. I have long been a critic of the Republican Party's lack of action with minority voters. I'm not talking about the "Republicans are racist" bullshit, which is just that, bullshit. I'm talking about the GOP not taking the time to invest in minority communities politically, get involved, and help them learn and understand how conservative views on education, economics, and personal accountability and responsibility are one's best way to overcome poverty and dependence.

Instead, Republicans just ignore them for the most part and view them as a lost cause politically and so Steele is correct, blacks have almost no reason to vote for them.
Don't Taze Me Bro, I'm a Republican who has paid taxes all my life to the government. I'm a contributor to a lot of government programs as a (good) consequence--Head Start, etc. That was to have averted people from falling into lives of poverty a generation ago. Why is poverty still here? Our money was supposed to abolish it. If it is not abolished, then our money was totally wasted as to its intent of Congress imposing taxes to do a task.

The task was not done. Refund? :rolleyes:

How many trillions since LBJ and that Congress made the promise to stomp poverty?

Funny? it's still with us...and getting larger...seems to me the Great Society is a resounding FAILURE of the Statists.

And the funny thing is, what have the Dems given the black community after 30+ years? Enslavement, out of wedlock births, bad education that keeps them ignorant and unemployable, and a culture that glorifies violence and sexual promiscuity.
If the organized black community hasn't figured out they're being used by the Dems then why should the GOP bother with them?
Head Start began in 1964 (48 years ago) The government expanded it in 1981 to make it reach more impoverished children. In 2004, the numbers of children included in head start reached 22 million per year.

Head Start gets bigger. Is poverty growing, or is it something else? When parents are educated, they get better jobs. If they got better jobs, why after 48 years isn't this program closing down?

Are they instead, teaching people how to be poor so the government can grow?

Why aren't programs the government has taken over making people get off welfare? Head Start should have fixed the unemployment problem, but it didn't. The more the government takes on, the more programs that started small burgeon out of all thinkable proportions.

You shouldn't light a candle if you know the person you were going to see is going to burn the house down with the candle's flame as a firestarter.

Steele is absolutely correct. I have long been a critic of the Republican Party's lack of action with minority voters. I'm not talking about the "Republicans are racist" bullshit, which is just that, bullshit. I'm talking about the GOP not taking the time to invest in minority communities politically, get involved, and help them learn and understand how conservative views on education, economics, and personal accountability and responsibility are one's best way to overcome poverty and dependence.

Instead, Republicans just ignore them for the most part and view them as a lost cause politically and so Steele is correct, blacks have almost no reason to vote for them.
Don't Taze Me Bro, I'm a Republican who has paid taxes all my life to the government. I'm a contributor to a lot of government programs as a (good) consequence--Head Start, etc. That was to have averted people from falling into lives of poverty a generation ago. Why is poverty still here? Our money was supposed to abolish it. If it is not abolished, then our money was totally wasted as to its intent of Congress imposing taxes to do a task.

The governments war on poverty hasn't significantly changed the poverty rate for 40 years. (yeah, that would be an entire generation)
Liberals claim it is because of a lack of funding despite the massive increase in welfare funding both in real dollars and percentage of the federal budget. Liberals want to throw more money at the problem.
Next up is Albert Einstein's definition of insanity.

And the funny thing is, what have the Dems given the black community after 30+ years? Enslavement, out of wedlock births, bad education that keeps them ignorant and unemployable, and a culture that glorifies violence and sexual promiscuity.
If the organized black community hasn't figured out they're being used by the Dems then why should the GOP bother with them?
Head Start began in 1964 (48 years ago) The government expanded it in 1981 to make it reach more impoverished children. In 2004, the numbers of children included in head start reached 22 million per year.

Head Start gets bigger. Is poverty growing, or is it something else? When parents are educated, they get better jobs. If they got better jobs, why after 48 years isn't this program closing down?

Are they instead, teaching people how to be poor so the government can grow?

Why aren't programs the government has taken over making people get off welfare? Head Start should have fixed the unemployment problem, but it didn't. The more the government takes on, the more programs that started small burgeon out of all thinkable proportions.

You shouldn't light a candle if you know the person you were going to see is going to burn the house down with the candle's flame as a firestarter.

And then Ted kennedy authors "No Child Left behind"...

The governments war on poverty hasn't significantly changed the poverty rate for 40 years. (yeah, that would be an entire generation)
Liberals claim it is because of a lack of funding despite the massive increase in welfare funding both in real dollars and percentage of the federal budget. Liberals want to throw more money at the problem.
Next up is Albert Einstein's definition of insanity.

Trillions thrown at it...here we are. "Change" indeed.

*cracks up*

Because what the left doesn't want us to do is teach success to the unsuccessful...

I have to wonder at what passes for critical thought among some people.

Why should the black man learn the system that the white man uses? Let us put aside for a moment the full on racism associated with that kind of mentality and address it in a different way.

If a fellow held a baseball bat in a particular way and was able to hit .400 over his lifetime, then it isn't in the best interest to teach another man that holding the bat by the fat end while being tossed softballs just isn't going to make him as successful as the other guy.

What kind of logic is it that we say, "Don't follow the successful guys! Follow us, we have free stuff, but you won't be successful."

Freedombecki, I'm a Democrat who has paid taxes all my life to the government. I'm a contributor to a lot of government programs as a (good) consequence--The War on Drugs (Terror, etc.). That was to have averted people from falling into lives of drug abuse a generation ago. Why why are these things still here? Our money was supposed to abolish them. If it is not abolished, then our money was totally wasted as to its intent of Congress imposing taxes to do a task.

The task was not done. Refund?

As far as Steele goes, I'm surprised that he doesn't realize he is just being used as a token figure so establishment republicans can say they are inclusive. republicans don't care about blacks. The only minorities they are interested in protecting are the haves and have mores.

You mean you want blacks to learn white male conservative values

No, that's what you mean.

*cracks up*

Because what the left doesn't want us to do is teach success to the unsuccessful...

I have to wonder at what passes for critical thought among some people.

Why should the black man learn the system that the white man uses? Let us put aside for a moment the full on racism associated with that kind of mentality and address it in a different way.

If a fellow held a baseball bat in a particular way and was able to hit .400 over his lifetime, then it isn't in the best interest to teach another man that holding the bat by the fat end while being tossed softballs just isn't going to make him as successful as the other guy.

What kind of logic is it that we say, "Don't follow the successful guys! Follow us, we have free stuff, but you won't be successful."

Not unless WE want you to and ONLY if it benefits US...:eusa_whistle:

Inappropriate comparison.

Look at the rate of decrease in poverty for black families from 1948 to 1968. And then post 1968. The rate of decrease slowed remarkably AFTER the War on Poverty.
That is failure by any measure.

Michael Steele: Republicans Don’t Do Enough for Minorities | Black Blue Dog

This site is not a liberal site so right wing punk off!!!

Republican Michael Steele is speaking out again and dealing with his party’s negligence toward minority communities. Steele appeared on Hardball with Chris Matthews on Tuesday, and made it clear that he feels that Republicans aren’t doing enough for black and brown people.

“That’s the one area where I do have a lot of concern,” he said.

Matthews asked Steele if Republicans were going out to middle class black neighborhoods in Germantown, Philadelphia, etc. Steele simply said “no.”

“For a brief shining moment in 2010 we were developing coalitions but that is not part of the mainstay,” said Steele.

Steele has been vocal in speaking out against racial alienation within the Republican ranks. Speaking in 2010 at DePaul University, Steele actually conceded that African Americans have almost no reason to support the Republican party.

First of all you Fuck off.

Now that we have that out of the way..........

So you must buy minority votes? The ole what have you done for me lately.

Well the dems have cost us plenty, so put down the free gifts you want the repubs to cave into.

How far will the debt take us??????

ALL THE WAY TO THE CRASH.

Unbelievable. gimme gimme gimme

This fall dem or dem lite. Failures great or debts less filling...............

Hell out of here with that racist BS

Then you should stop talking. You're the only one it's coming from, as usual, which is why I typically pay you no attention on this forum, but I thought you were actually wanting to engage in an intellectual conversation this time. Guess I should have known that isn't possible, seeing how you have no intellect to use.

Have a nice day. :up_yours:

Freedombecki, I'm a Democrat who has paid taxes all my life to the government. I'm a contributor to a lot of government programs as a (good) consequence--The War on Drugs (Terror, etc.). That was to have averted people from falling into lives of drug abuse a generation ago. Why why are these things still here? Our money was supposed to abolish them. If it is not abolished, then our money was totally wasted as to its intent of Congress imposing taxes to do a task.

The task was not done. Refund?

As far as Steele goes, I'm surprised that he doesn't realize he is just being used as a token figure so establishment republicans can say they are inclusive. republicans don't care about blacks. The only minorities they are interested in protecting are the haves and have mores.
You pretty much proved yourself to be a partisan fool and partisan tool at the same time with one simple sentence. Take your broad brush and go paint a house. Housing for Humanity can use painters.

Lets me get this right, you retards think that blacks became Democrats only because the Democratic Party allegedly promised food stamps, student loans and other so called handouts and these are the things that drew blacks to the Democratic party and not the Southern Strategy? This racist BS and sticking your heads in the sand is exactly why blacks are so very few in number in the Republitard Party despite sharing key religious conservative values, you guys don't respect us.

Stop it with the partisan BS because you can't back up not a God damned thing you just posted, we don't have a culture that glorifies violence and sexual promiscuity idiot! 40 million black people and you think most of us have a culture like that?

Like this guy?
Artur Davis switches from Democratic to Republican party - The Washington Post

Why should the GOP play Me-Too to traditional black voters? They have limited resources that are better spent on energizing the base, as well as reaching out to Asians.
George Bush appointed more blacks to his cabinet than any other president. And all he got was "George Bush doesnt care about black people" from the likes of Cognac West.
The GOP is the party of Main St, of people who want to build middle class and upper middle class lives for themselves and their families. They attract anyone who shares those values, regardless of race.
The traditional black voting block is only interested in the politics of grievance.

LMBO, a Jew is the last person t be saying something like this since are mostly for themselves, :rolleyes:

Lets me get this right, you retards think that blacks became Democrats only because the Democratic Party allegedly promised food stamps, student loans and other so called handouts and these are the things that drew blacks to the Democratic party and not the Southern Strategy? This racist BS and sticking your heads in the sand is exactly why blacks are so very few in number in the Republitard Party despite sharing key religious conservative values, you guys don't respect us.
There are no retards here, Mr. Bass v 2. Republicans are the one who shed blood for ending slavery in the USA. A Republican President, 80 years later, signed into law measures that would ensure black citizens the same quality of education and opportunities as white citizens. Republicans are the one who fought for and obtained black suffrage so black people could vote their conscience. We've never lied about equality, and we never will. Freedom and equality are not free and easy, but require discipline and commitment. We will stick to our precepts, but you're still stuck in ad hominem attacks that have been coming our way since 1860 and even before when we formed to combat human slavery. I would not care to be you on your self-righteous soapbox.

Stop it with the partisan BS because you can't back up not a God damned thing you just posted, we don't have a culture that glorifies violence and sexual promiscuity idiot! 40 million black people and you think most of us have a culture like that?

Yeah you're right. Rap music never deals with violence or misogyny.

Forum List

Back