Michael Steele: Republicans Don’t Do Enough for Minorities

Steele is absolutely correct. I have long been a critic of the Republican Party's lack of action with minority voters. I'm not talking about the "Republicans are racist" bullshit, which is just that, bullshit. I'm talking about the GOP not taking the time to invest in minority communities politically, get involved, and help them learn and understand how conservative views on education, economics, and personal accountability and responsibility are one's best way to overcome poverty and dependence.

Instead, Republicans just ignore them for the most part and view them as a lost cause politically and so Steele is correct, blacks have almost no reason to vote for them.

Same is true with Gays, Asians, Hispanics, pretty much any minority group and of course women for that matter.

The republicans are the party of white males in general. Good luck with just white men come 2012.

Gays aren't a minority.
I guess all those white men turned out in 2010 and kicked Democrats' asses to the curb. We'll do it again this year.

Do you want a job or do you want a handout? Basically comes down to that IMHO.

And when those two candidates apply for that job and one is white and one is black and the white guy gets hired because he is white, that is the republicans America.

Back to the 50's. The good ol days.

a) What's wrong with that? People should be able to hire whomever they want for whatever reason.
b) Today it goes like, white guy and black guy apply. White guy far more qualified. Black guy gets the job because of "diversity" requirements.
If discrimination is bad, discrimination is bad. But Democrats like some kinds of discrimination.

Handouts for whites are ok under the guise of hiring who you want, that's what Republitards want blacks to learn and be like, throwbacks to our Jim Crow selves, :rolleyes: of course this applies to everyone except Jews, :rolleyes:

And when those two candidates apply for that job and one is white and one is black and the white guy gets hired because he is white, that is the republicans America.

Back to the 50's. The good ol days.

a) What's wrong with that? People should be able to hire whomever they want for whatever reason.
b) Today it goes like, white guy and black guy apply. White guy far more qualified. Black guy gets the job because of "diversity" requirements.
If discrimination is bad, discrimination is bad. But Democrats like some kinds of discrimination.

Handouts for whites are ok under the guise of hiring who you want, that's what Republitards want blacks to learn and be like, throwbacks to our Jim Crow selves, :rolleyes: of course this applies to everyone except Jews, :rolleyes:

Wow!

Wow!

Rabbi is a Jew, which is a contradiction to his words because Jews never sat back took anything from anyone as far as discrimination.

Steele is absolutely correct. I have long been a critic of the Republican Party's lack of action with minority voters. I'm not talking about the "Republicans are racist" bullshit, which is just that, bullshit. I'm talking about the GOP not taking the time to invest in minority communities politically, get involved, and help them learn and understand how conservative views on education, economics, and personal accountability and responsibility are one's best way to overcome poverty and dependence.

Instead, Republicans just ignore them for the most part and view them as a lost cause politically and so Steele is correct, blacks have almost no reason to vote for them.

Same is true with Gays, Asians, Hispanics, pretty much any minority group and of course women for that matter.

The republicans are the party of white males in general. Good luck with just white men come 2012.

Gays aren't a minority.
I guess all those white men turned out in 2010 and kicked Democrats' asses to the curb. We'll do it again this year.

Huh? Is it your contention that the majority is gay then? Most polls put them at about 5% or less of the population. A small demographic, but that still amounts to nearly 15 million people.

Bullshit, there were a lot of minoriy people who thought they were going to get loads of money and assistance from the Dems when Obama got elected. Maybe they don't expicitly sayso, but that's the message that most people get.

Please stop with the derangement.

So Obama Promising more Food Stamps, More Student Loan Help, More this, More that.

That's not promising hand outs? When Democrats Promise all sorts of Cushy deals to their Union Supporters, That's not hand outs right?

lol

Don't really see how loans are handouts. Don't really see food stamps as being much of a handout either. In order to qualify for food stamps you have to be so dirt poor that if you're intentionally putting yourself into a situation where you'd qualify for food stamps, you're really costing yourself, not gaining anything.

These pretend conservatives are wack about sexuality. Next they will be talking of pedophilia and bestiality. Let it go, weirdos.

Look at the rate of decrease in poverty for black families from 1948 to 1968. And then post 1968. The rate of decrease slowed remarkably AFTER the War on Poverty.
That is failure by any measure.

I think that had more to do with the hippies than the government.

Gays aren't a minority.

Gays aren't even a RACE but they ACT like they are.

Look at the rate of decrease in poverty for black families from 1948 to 1968. And then post 1968. The rate of decrease slowed remarkably AFTER the War on Poverty.
That is failure by any measure.

I think that had more to do with the hippies than the government.

The Rabbi is stating then that the War on Poverty had a tremendous impact on improving the black family, and then with its elimination the impact slowed down.

Of course it did, because the GS was very effective.

Yeah you're right. Rap music never deals with violence or misogyny.

As opposed the kind of violence and vigilantism found in, say, country music?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw7gNf_9njs]Dixie Chicks - Goodbye Earl - YouTube[/ame]

Violence as a solution for infidelity

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ayx66RqF70]The Thunder Rolls - YouTube[/ame]

How about sex and substance abuse?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt0_oPPK6eA]Big & Rich - Save A Horse [Ride A Cowboy] (Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Post edited by moderator. Only 3 youtube videos per post is allowed.

Yeah you're right. Rap music never deals with violence or misogyny.

As opposed the kind of violence and vigilantism found in, say, country music?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw7gNf_9njs"]Dixie Chicks - Goodbye Earl - YouTube[/ame]

Violence as a solution for infidelity

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ayx66RqF70"]The Thunder Rolls - YouTube[/ame]

How about sex and substance abuse?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt0_oPPK6eA"]Big & Rich - Save A Horse [Ride A Cowboy] (Video) - YouTube[/ame]

VIOLENCE can be found in ANY segment of society...it's all in how that society and individuals within it deal with expression and REALITY.

Apparently? YOU can't distinguish, and are looking to point fingers.

VIOLENCE can be found in ANY segment of society...it's all in how that society and individuals within it deal with expression and REALITY.

Apparently? YOU can't distinguish, and are looking to point fingers.

Um, are you paying attention? Rabbi is bitching that rap music is full of violence, etc. I pointed out that it's not just rap music. I haven't even bothered to point out the blatant racism in his insinuation that rap music somehow equals black people music.

I wonder why "Most people" get a message that isn't explicitely said.......:eusa_whistle:

I'm thinking a lot of minority folks thought they were going to get a lot more assistance from Obama than they actually got. And a lot of non-minority folks thought the same thing.

Republicans stopped that. But good. They want a weakened middle class. Republicans are the only political party in the world that want their kids to pay MORE for college, not less.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

M. Steele joining the Republican Party is like gays joining the Log Cabin. Doesn't make a lick of sense.

Michael Steele: Republicans Don’t Do Enough for Minorities | Black Blue Dog

This site is not a liberal site so right wing punk off!!!

Republican Michael Steele is speaking out again and dealing with his party’s negligence toward minority communities. Steele appeared on Hardball with Chris Matthews on Tuesday, and made it clear that he feels that Republicans aren’t doing enough for black and brown people.

“That’s the one area where I do have a lot of concern,” he said.

Matthews asked Steele if Republicans were going out to middle class black neighborhoods in Germantown, Philadelphia, etc. Steele simply said “no.”

“For a brief shining moment in 2010 we were developing coalitions but that is not part of the mainstay,” said Steele.

Steele has been vocal in speaking out against racial alienation within the Republican ranks. Speaking in 2010 at DePaul University, Steele actually conceded that African Americans have almost no reason to support the Republican party.

What do minorities need to have done for them?

well except for the fact that voting democrats is a failed stratagey..

Michael Steele: Republicans Don’t Do Enough for Minorities | Black Blue Dog

This site is not a liberal site so right wing punk off!!!

Republican Michael Steele is speaking out again and dealing with his party’s negligence toward minority communities. Steele appeared on Hardball with Chris Matthews on Tuesday, and made it clear that he feels that Republicans aren’t doing enough for black and brown people.

“That’s the one area where I do have a lot of concern,” he said.

Matthews asked Steele if Republicans were going out to middle class black neighborhoods in Germantown, Philadelphia, etc. Steele simply said “no.”

“For a brief shining moment in 2010 we were developing coalitions but that is not part of the mainstay,” said Steele.

Steele has been vocal in speaking out against racial alienation within the Republican ranks. Speaking in 2010 at DePaul University, Steele actually conceded that African Americans have almost no reason to support the Republican party.

What do minorities need to have done for them?

Run thier own lives and enjoy liberty before it's taken away from them by the Gubmint that is taking it away?

I'm thinking a lot of minority folks thought they were going to get a lot more assistance from Obama than they actually got. And a lot of non-minority folks thought the same thing.

Republicans stopped that. But good. They want a weakened middle class. Republicans are the only political party in the world that want their kids to pay MORE for college, not less.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

M. Steele joining the Republican Party is like gays joining the Log Cabin. Doesn't make a lick of sense.

YOU being In the human race doesn't either...but WE are STUCK with your dullness.

Forum List

Back