Michael Phelps caught with a bong smoking pot

Sure it makes sense. the fact that he IS NOT an advocate but merely a pot smoker, which has absolutely nothing to do with his athletic achievements, means that he doesn't owe anyone a goddamn thing regarding an apology. As it is, he offered the standard "im caught, lets pretend like this was a one time event and that I don't ever smoke pot" apology. do you think Phelps won't ever smoke pot again because he was shamed THIS time that THIS bong hit became public? Hell no. He's going to continue to smoke pot. Why would you think it takes an iconic figure like Tommy Chong to clarify that smoking pot doesn't make someone a social invalid?

HONEST? :lol: yea dude. If you think Mike Phelps is never going to smoke pot again then I've got a Rush Limbaugh joke to tell you.

As someone who has experience and knowledge in the area of cannabis, I would like to point out that he is hitting that bong like a champ. A regular lap around the bowl. Michael, please do the world a favor and do not apologize for smoking grass, it is apparent that the activity is nothing new to you. Instead, you should admit that safe and responsible use of marijuana should be tolerated, and that the entire issue is a social health problem, not a criminal problem. Be a voice for the people and send a clear message to our new leader, we want change.

Great post! I'm so glad he got caught. I don't want it to hurt his endorsements and I don't want him to be punished. I want the anti pot freaks to realize that EVERYONE smokes it.

So to give the small percentage who get caught a criminal record that will follow them the rest of their life and hurt their job opportunities? Insane!

Make pot legal today!!

And you are right. Don't be a pussy and apologize.

As someone who has experience and knowledge in the area of cannabis, I would like to point out that he is hitting that bong like a champ. A regular lap around the bowl. Michael, please do the world a favor and do not apologize for smoking grass, it is apparent that the activity is nothing new to you. Instead, you should admit that safe and responsible use of marijuana should be tolerated, and that the entire issue is a social health problem, not a criminal problem. Be a voice for the people and send a clear message to our new leader, we want change.

Great post! I'm so glad he got caught. I don't want it to hurt his endorsements and I don't want him to be punished. I want the anti pot freaks to realize that EVERYONE smokes it.

So to give the small percentage who get caught a criminal record that will follow them the rest of their life and hurt their job opportunities? Insane!

Make pot legal today!!

And you are right. Don't be a pussy and apologize.
Be quiet you hippie! Smoking pot is bad and everyone who does it is evil!

That's a bit over the top.

However, it's also over the top to say that everyone smokes.

Over this weekend, it seems that Michael Phelps was photographed at a house party. Now, that in and of itself isn't really all that much.

However.........

One of the people there took a picture of Michael Phelps while he was toking on a bong (and it was a pretty nice pipe btw), and it ended up being published in some trash rag.

Now.....granted......he is a role model for a great deal many people, but, don't you think that a person should be allowed to have some type of a private life? Not only that, but, he wasn't training, he thought he was in private.

Give him a break for crying out loud.

Besides......you DO realize that Henry P. Anslinger (FBI person), used cannabis as a great excuse to be racist, right? At that time (1939) the only people that smoked pot were blacks and hispanics, so, in order to have something to trump up charges on them, they made it illegal. So, in my humble opinion, if you don't smoke pot, or allow others to do so if they wish, you're a racist.

Additionally, Harvard Medical as well as the British Medical Society, and several others have shown that cannabis is tailor made for the human brain. Not only does it help with cancer, but, it also does many other things, most of which are benign if not beneficial. Nixon, during his presidency, commissioned a full blown scientific study on it, and, when the LaGuardia Report came out, because it spoke very favorably towards marijuana, Nixon threw the whole thing in the trash and buried it.

Additionally, there is a place in Exodus (you know....the Bible), where God Himself was speaking to Moses and told him "if it grows out of the ground, you may have it", which means that God put marijuana down here on this planet for US. Also, it is rumored that cannabis oil was part of the Holy Annointing Oil, which was used to celebrate the crowning of the Kings of Israel.

So, leave Michael Phelps alone already. He wasn't training, or racing, and is currently in the off season for himself.

So what if he has a couple of bong hits every now and again? It's better for you (and less dangerous) than alcohol.

Oh yeah.......the rumor about cannabis being a "gateway drug"? It's been proven to be totally false. Ya gotta quit listening to the rhetoric from Reefer Madness.

It's bullshit.

Last edited:
It is obnoxious of whomever was at the party to take a pic and sell it.
But then, that's celebrity. You either live the life, or you don't. If you're gonna live the life, you should be aware you're continually being watched and photographed.

But honestly, this is just non-news to me. A kid at a party. Whoop di do.

Here's some good advice. If you're a world renowned celebrity, don't use drugs while the people you're with are coincidentally breaking out their cell phones as though they aren't taking your fucking picture while you're giving head to the bong.

Here's some good advice. If you're a world renowned celebrity, don't use drugs while the people you're with are coincidentally breaking out their cell phones as though they aren't taking your fucking picture while you're giving head to the bong.

That is solid advice Paulie.

I wonder how much money the dude who took the pic got paid by News of the World?

That is solid advice Paulie.

I wonder how much money the dude who took the pic got paid by News of the World?

What would be more interesting to know, is if the person was his supposed "friend". I didn't actually read the whole article, so I'm not sure if it already clarified that.

In 1939, a dude named Henry P. Anslinger (who was a racist, as well as a dirty FBI agent), came up with the idea of making it illegal, as the only ones who smoked at that time were mainly blacks and hispanics.

They then made a movie called "Reefer Madness", and used it to scare the public away from smoking pot.

In the '70's, Nixon, wanting to know about what pot does to the human body and mind, commissioned a study on it called the LaGuardia Report. When he found out that it was a glowing review of the plant, he then threw it in the trash and tried to bury it.

THC is tailor made for the human brain. Incidentally, Marinol (the pill version of pot) is only about 40 percent as effective as smoking it. By the way, it takes 15 seconds from inhaling cannabis to having it course through your bloodstream, so smoking is the most efficient way to do it.

Cannabis can also be used for food, oil, paper, cloth, as well as smokeables.......

Incidentally, it has NO EFFECT on physical fitness, nor does it make you fat.

It is also ever so effective in chemotherapy patients.

If it was legal, not only would there be a great revenue source (by the way....pot is the number one crop in California), but then we could also get all the non dangerous people out of jail.

But......maybe this is actually a blessing in disguise........because now, people HAVE to address this issue.

We can only hope sanity will prevail over the hysteria.

Oh yeah......when God was talking to Moses on Mt. Sinai? He told him "if it grows out of the ground, you may have it".

Plants ain't drugs y'all.......they're plants.

Pot stays illegal because big business stands to lose way too much from industrial hemp production.

It really is THAT SIMPLE.

DuPont ALONE has enough lobby influence to keep a lid on it. Petrochemicals would become extinct with hemp production, which means DuPont goes bankrupt. Not to mention the plethora of other companies that profit from petrochemicals like plastics companies. Rubbermaid is another.

It would also replace the cotton industry, as hemp can replace cotton completely.

It's got nothing to do with taxes, or health reasons. It's literally a roadblock established by big business, which has the collective means to own the legislators and keep pot illegal. Legislators have more to lose by legalizing it, then they have to gain in whatever tax revenues would be increased. As if legislators care how much revenue comes in anyway.

Pot stays illegal because if it were legal, it would no longer be Tennessee's #1 cash crop.

To bad they can't take his medals back

Hopefully he will lose all of his product endorsements

Why because he smoked some weed? You gonna take away his endorsements for a speeding ticket? They are about the same type of offense..both misdemeanours.. America is so brainwashed over weed. People can drink themselves till they die..ever hear of someone smoking enough weed in one night that they died? Our society is so screwed up its really sad..

Oh no..he smoked weed..burn his ass alive!!!!

All swimmers are pot heads...just like all weight lifters have tiny ding dongs. Just a fact of life.

Oh crap Allie, I have to rep you for "tiny little ding dongs." I've been laughing my head off for that one! :lol:

Forum List

Back