merged threads on beheading in egypt

And well said jihad-----we have been speaking softly for so long that some americans have forgotten what we carry a big stck for!

Originally posted by nycflasher
Agreed. That's bad for humanity.
RWA=Master of the obvious.

Just trying to help those less skilled in the thinking art, no need to be c0cksn0t about it!:D

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Just trying to help those less skilled in the thinking art, no need to be c0cksn0t about it!:D

You're just a flamer(as in you flame, not you're gay).

What part of what I said suggests I am not capable of thinking?

An affront to their culture? Are you serious with shit, dk?

I am actually. Lets look at some of the things we've done. We bitch and complain about the immigrants that come to our country about language, customs, culture. We yell all the time, if they come to this country, they need to adapt....do we not?

We're in their country, We're in their culture, we need to either adapt to that(admit it, criminal sentencing by islamic law rocks) or respect that. By disrespecting or ignoring it all together, we're literally telling the iraqi's, all iraqi's, that we really don't give a damn about them and their culture.

Now, before you want to jump my ass on all of this and how dare I compare what we've done to what they've done, I'm not. You can't compare two different cultures and then try to validate the difference between them. I'm telling everyone that if we want to make a difference over there, we need to understand and respect their basic cultural beliefs first.

Also, I've said it before that these cowards who did the beheading did NOT need an excuse, they would have done it anyway whether there was prisoner abuse or not. I expect that kind of brutality from cowards. It's something that should be met with swift and deadly retaliation.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
I am actually. Lets look at some of the things we've done. We bitch and complain about the immigrants that come to our country about language, customs, culture. We yell all the time, if they come to this country, they need to adapt....do we not?

We're in their country, We're in their culture, we need to either adapt to that(admit it, criminal sentencing by islamic law rocks) or respect that. By disrespecting or ignoring it all together, we're literally telling the iraqi's, all iraqi's, that we really don't give a damn about them and their culture.

Now, before you want to jump my ass on all of this and how dare I compare what we've done to what they've done, I'm not. You can't compare two different cultures and then try to validate the difference between them. I'm telling everyone that if we want to make a difference over there, we need to understand and respect their basic cultural beliefs first.

Also, I've said it before that these cowards who did the beheading did NOT need an excuse, they would have done it anyway whether there was prisoner abuse or not. I expect that kind of brutality from cowards. It's something that should be met with swift and deadly retaliation.

Wrong. Cultures can and should be compared. Redefining what an atrocity is according to which culture the victim is from has no logical merit.

Wrong. Cultures can and should be compared. Redefining what an atrocity is according to which culture the victim is from has no logical merit.

hold up tiger. I NEVER tried to redefine what atrocity is and isn't.

Never did I say that the handful of soldiers who abused prisoners comitted an atrocity. I said they shamed theirselves and their unit. It embarrased the US as a whole because thats not what we're about.

I've also said that the ones who killed this innocent american are cowardly murdering bastards, but I don't EXPECT anything better from them.

also, you CANNOT compare cultures in the context of expecting relatively same reactions.

DK, I'll preface this by saying that I know you are not saying the Abu G pics and what happened yesterday are the same.
I'll also add that I do not think the pics are a bad thing. I've stated this before, some agreed, some didn't.

I think your analogy is flawed.

People who immigrate to this country should adapt to being Americans first. That's where the borders culture language comes into play. A few generations ago, people immigrated here and became Americans. They took the pledge and meant it. They weren't given special privlidges based on where they came from. THey came here for the American dream as its called. A hope that they could make a life for themself that was better then where they came from. They ADAPTED to being Americans. In the current social climate of this country, Americans are expected to adapt and make special provisions for those that come here. WTF?

The US military didn't immigrate to Iraq, we invaded it. I know you know this and I'm not trying to be a wise ass. Being sensitive to their culture is one thing, but adapting?

I think we do. We understood that if we took pictures of them naked being dragged around by a butch Christian women on a leash that was worse in their eyes then being physically tortured.

Also, I've said it before that these cowards who did the beheading did NOT need an excuse, they would have done it anyway whether there was prisoner abuse or not. I expect that kind of brutality from cowards. It's something that should be met with swift and deadly retaliation. [/B]

Agreed.

RWA get your facts straight.

Those guys that beheaded our fellow American are scum.

What went on in Abu is a problem,but quite different even if Al Queda wants to equate the two.

Those are the facts. You are full of shit, trying to twist others' words .
Dismissed.

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
I think your analogy is flawed.

People who immigrate to this country should adapt to being Americans first. That's where the borders culture language comes into play. A few generations ago, people immigrated here and became Americans. They took the pledge and meant it. They weren't given special privlidges based on where they came from. THey came here for the American dream as its called. A hope that they could make a life for themself that was better then where they came from. They ADAPTED to being Americans. In the current social climate of this country, Americans are expected to adapt and make special provisions for those that come here. WTF?

The US military didn't immigrate to Iraq, we invaded it. I know you know this and I'm not trying to be a wise ass. Being sensitive to their culture is one thing, but adapting?

OK, I MAY not have explained that as well as I could have. I wasn't trying to say that our military should ADAPT to their culture as if they should BECOME islamic, I'm trying to say that accepting that their culture is different, respecting that, and treating the iraqi's, or whoever else they may be, by those cultural beliefs and standards is what we should be doing. Treating them according to american cultures and beliefs and expecting them to tolerate it or even accept it, may be a bit of overestimation on our part.

You know I just read through all the banter thats gone on in this thread today and basically its all just pissin in the wind. The time for all this understanding and blame has long passed. No matter how you feel about our abuses or how you feel about the beheading the time has come for pure military force and for mass death to be reigned down upon these people. Gather up all remaining forces at all US military installations around the world leaving only whats needed to keep them secure, call up all Guard units and reservists and ship em out to Iraq immediately. Give the fucking citizens of that country 24, exactly 24 fucking hours to give up the whereabouts of any asshole and the whereabouts of ALL arms and munitions or suffer some sort of tragedy. There is no reason that we should not control every square inch of that country immediately. Any asshole trying to cross the border armed gets shot on sight. I'm sick of this shit, can't actually believe after yesterday's video tape that there are still people believing in negotiation, understanding and winning of hearts and minds. These people will understand when they are burying loved ones.

Originally posted by OCA
You know I just read through all the banter thats gone on in this thread today and basically its all just pissin in the wind. The time for all this understanding and blame has long passed. No matter how you feel about our abuses or how you feel about the beheading the time has come for pure military force and for mass death to be reigned down upon these people. Gather up all remaining forces at all US military installations around the world leaving only whats needed to keep them secure, call up all Guard units and reservists and ship em out to Iraq immediately. Give the fucking citizens of that country 24, exactly 24 fucking hours to give up the whereabouts of any asshole and the whereabouts of ALL arms and munitions or suffer some sort of tragedy. There is no reason that we should not control every square inch of that country immediately. Any asshole trying to cross the border armed gets shot on sight. I'm sick of this shit, can't actually believe after yesterday's video tape that there are still people believing in negotiation, understanding and winning of hearts and minds. These people will understand when they are burying loved ones.

won't work. all that is going to do is anger the rest of the iraqi's and prove the extremist left right in making it look like another vietnam quagmire.

OCA,

Unfortunately, I don't think the leaders nor the population of this country have the intestinal fortitude to put this down once and for all. I agree with you 110% on Iraq. We fucked up by letting Fallujah stand. These assholes are laughing at us. They think they won. They also think they won in the West Bank 2 days ago.
They only understand death. Let's give it to them. This tit for tat shit has gone on far far too long. If the Iraqi's are serious about taking their destiny in their own hands and are serious with their disgust with what these jihadists are doing, they'll help us put an end to this.

The whole world is worried about the semantics and the grey area. It's black and white at this point. Kill or be killed.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
DK - I could care less if we anger the rest of the world but you know how I am!:D

Any thought's on what you think would work? I know you feel anger about it all so let it all out!

I think maybe he means hunt down the terrorists, as opposed to kil 'em all and let God sort 'em out.

won't work. all that is going to do is anger the rest of the iraqi's and prove the extremist left right in making it look like another vietnam quagmire.

I don't see the Vietnam correlation at all when you control the country 100%. But if you are correct then fuck it, FUCK IT ALL! Kill me now because this world is one big shithole with no chance of ever coming back around.

Can I say this? Maybe you don't have any faith in the Iraqi people, you think they will tell us fuck off and not give up the bad guys? I think the opposite when faced with the alternative.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
well that sounds familiar to another quote that I heard about forgiveness. I forget who said it but when asked if these thugs need to be forgiven he replied "that's god's work, it's our job to arrange the meeting" or something along those lines!
I am all for that one!

the only problem with that one is after all is said and done I don't think I'd like the result of my meeting with god for the scheduling I arranged earlier in my life. ;)

Originally posted by OCA
I don't see the Vietnam correlation at all when you control the country 100%. But if you are correct then fuck it, FUCK IT ALL! Kill me now because this world is one big shithole with no chance of ever coming back around.

Can I say this? Maybe you don't have any faith in the Iraqi people, you think they will tell us fuck off and not give up the bad guys? I think the opposite when faced with the alternative.

I don't know how the iraqi people would react, to be honest. Will their fear of the insurgents and terrorists be greater than the fear of our 'carpet bombing' or will they choose instead to just flee the cities before the bombing allowing the terrorists to blend in and wait til the bombing is over? Not to mention that it also compounds the costs and interests of having to rebuild THAT city.

John kennedy had the right idea in mind when he foresaw future warfare as being fought be small bands of guerilla fighters using hit and run tactics and created the NAVY SEALS.

My idea would be to put SEALS and marine special forces units in and around the cities, hit and run the insurgents hideouts, be it mosques or temples, and force them to lose the battles due to attrition.

I don't know how the iraqi people would react, to be honest. Will their fear of the insurgents and terrorists be greater than the fear of our 'carpet bombing' or will they choose instead to just flee the cities before the bombing allowing the terrorists to blend in and wait til the bombing is over? Not to mention that it also compounds the costs and interests of having to rebuild THAT city.

John kennedy had the right idea in mind when he foresaw future warfare as being fought be small bands of guerilla fighters using hit and run tactics and created the NAVY SEALS.

My idea would be to put SEALS and marine special forces units in and around the cities, hit and run the insurgents hideouts, be it mosques or temples, and force them to lose the battles due to attrition.

I think that'll just prolong this that much longer. I fear that if this goes on much longer, we're toast. We didn't ask for this, but we HAVE to finish it. We got 1 bunch of fucked up people in power now, and a worse bunch waiting in the wings. God/Budda/Creator whatever you believe in help us.

No no I wouldn't carpet bomb, it would allow the assholes to do exactly what you said it would do. I would maybe beef it up a little bit with a mechanized force that would surround the city, check every person that left in the 24hr period for weapons and munitions, you would undoubtedly get some info on where the assholes are at as evidenced by the guy who turned Sadaams boys in, then I would sweep through that town like hell coming down. Building by building, 1 sniper shot from any building and its leveled immediatley.

Forum List

Back